01 .

The World of Renjun and Moomim

Lee Jeno absolutely, loves the comic series called The World of Renjun and Moomim. From the very first time Lee Jeno could read, he was infatuated with a certain comic character (number one cutie could better suffice) called Huang Renjun.

 

 

Lee Jeno loved the contrasting difference between the real world and the comic world- in the comic world everything was so much more colourful, beautiful and so real than he thought the real world could ever be. But sadly, Jeno's reality is a dull, colourless world. At least to him it is.

 

 

 

Huang Renjun was everything Jeno had ever dreamed for, a friend, a companion who he could share his life with (cheesy as it is). From the cutie's soft neon red hair which lay messily on his head- though Jeno thought he looked adorable with. His sweet toothy smile which made the heart struck's boy (Jeno) heart skip a beat, his sincere character, positivity and innocence which to Jeno was hard to find today, was very endearing and cute.

 

 

Huang renjun was the whole package, an angel who did I mention has a sweet tooth?

 

 

 

Now being completely utterly in love- infatuated maybe with a comic character has its perks and disadvantages.

 

Like having your parents but mostly Taeyong, constantly nag at you to go outside! Get some fresh air, interact with kids your own age! Which Jeno would argue kids his age was annoying. Jeno was already an awkward and shy antisocial kid, which made it even harder for him to interact with other kids as his interests were comic books, manga’s and cartoons while other kids his age liked expensive clothes, new trends and sports.

 

 

Taeyong would badly defend him by saying "No Mum, he's just going through a phase!" Jeno thinks his Hyung is annoying.

 

 

 

It was another late-night binge reading of The World of Renjun and Moomim, for Jeno. The room was completely dim, the one source of light, a lamp hanging over the cute comic book. All Jeno's attention was on the scene before him, Renjun looking quite cosy with Moomim in his arms- his cheeks rosy and beautiful, a soft sky-blue cotton blanket covering the both.

 

 

For a moment, he wished the soft boy was in his arms.

 

 

 

The quite scenery was abruptly interrupted when a certain boisterous and loud mouthed Hyung walked- no stormed in. Lee Taeyong of course.

 

 

"Hey squirt! reading The World of Lonji? Linjuni?, Ronjinin? wait Long Chin and Moomoo again??"

 

 

Which Jeno would sigh loudly and turn around with an obviously annoyed look, rubbing his eyes. tiredly, as he had just binge read the new series for six hours. Trudging, grumpily towards his Hyung in his cosy Moomim inspired pyjamas and Moomim plushie under his left arm. The tired boy stated in a nonchalant manner,

 

 

"Sigh, Taeyong Hyung, it's called The World of Renjun and Moomim."

 

 

 

With his little brother's grumpy response, he brushed it off with kids being grumpy. Taeyong being Taeyong, started snooping around, critising his poor brother's state of room, noticing how dusty the room was when his eyes came across messy sheets of paper laying on the bed- What was drawn on the pieces of paper were amusing to him. Pretty drawings of a boy, looking very realistic and nicely drawn caught the nosy boy's attention.

 

 

Some were of sincere looking eyes, smudged slightly on the sides, the long eyelashes emphasised, some of elegant looking fingers but most were of a boy's side profile. Huang Renjun.

 

 

Jeno, being the one who had drawn the ethereal looking drawings dived straight for them. An evidently red blush covered the awkward boy's face. Some would say (Taeyong), his face looked like it was glowing in the dim room from how heavy he was blushing. But Taeyong was faster, and magically teleported into the squeaky chair while stating amusedly,

 

 

"Well, well who’s this cutie? Your crush ehhh??"

 

 

The poor boy blushed an even darker shade of red, while stealing the sheets of paper swiftly while muttering something incoherent under his breathe. Taeyong had noticed how much the boy in his little brothers looked like the boy in the comics, a bell went off in his head.

 

 

 

Jeno was now standing at the window looking at one shining star, a large sigh was released from his mouth thinking about his weird crush on the comic character, Renjun.

 

Taeyong, in his one good moment commented,

 

 

"If you wish hard enough on a wishing star, your wish may just come true."

 

 

Which Jeno being a moody teenager replied,

 

 

"I call bull- brownies"

 

 

Jeno may or may not have been left with a bruised stomach. That night, Jeno lay in his bed, his eyes staring at that one shining star and fell asleep.

 

 

Oh boy would Jeno wake up to a surprise.

 

 


renjunqt note -

Excuse my rusty as writing skills :)