Final

Kiss Me Goodnight

Another day, another sleepless night. For the third night in a row, Jungkook was unable to fall asleep. He lied in his bed, tossing and turning with his eyes shut, trying all the different methods that had been known to man to try and possibly fall asleep. To his dismay(not really though), his attempts were useless. No matter what he did, he was simply unable to enter the land of his dreams.

Knowing what the night was going to result in anyway, he decided to say screw it to his trials and busted out of bed. He quietly grabbed his phone that had been charging, and lurked out of the room that he shared with Namjoon. He then planted himself firmly on the sofa and plugged his headphones in his ears before reclining back and beginning to scroll through this camera roll. They were on tour, so Jungkook, being the photo junkie he is, was able to snap pictures of the places that they’d visited. He wouldn’t say he was an amazing photographer, but he wasn’t completely terrible either, he just enjoyed taking pictures of things he loved.

As he continued to descend down his pictures, he came across those that he had taken of Jimin. Unknowingly, a smile overtook his face as he tapped on a picture of the older lounging on a chair in their dressing room back in Seoul and beaming up at the younger, laughing at a joke he’d made. Jungkook swiped to the right to display another picture of Jimin. In this one, the boy was sound asleep, head tilted in a seemingly uncomfortable position and Jungkook’s eyebrows distorted in dissatisfaction as he wondered why, instead of taking a picture, he hadn’t adjusted the placement of the older’s head so he could sleep easier. He continued to swipe right and gazed at Jimin’s pictures with a blush filled smile hanging from his lips.

“God, he is so beautiful,” Jungkook thought to himself before laying his phone atop his chest and closing his eyes, trying to calm his speedy heartbeat. If he was being true to himself just then, he would almost say that he was in love with the older. He tried to brush off the thought from his head, but the more he thought about it, the more he realized the truth, that he, in fact, was in love with Jimin. He remembered the times that he had caught himself staring at Jimin, and with a near red face, shook his head at the memory. “You are so whipped, Jeon Jungkook,” he thought and let a small sigh slip from his mouth.

He then picked himself up from the sofa and made his way to Jimin and Hoseok’s shared room. He did this very often, visiting their room late at night and watching Jimin’s serene figure as he slept. It was almost therapeutic, watching Jimin’s chest rise and fall with every in and exhalation of air. It made him happy knowing that his loved one was able to finally get rest after working himself to misery through the day, although he was unable to do so himself. He tip toed quietly through the door and walked towards Jimin’s bed. He walked without paying attention to the items scattered across the the floor and nearly tripped on a piece of wire that was strung to his leg. He muttered a “!” before slapping his hands on his mouth, realizing his mistake. Unfortunately he was a little too late, as a few seconds later, he heard bustling among the sheets as Jimin turned around to release a groan.

“Jungkook-ah, is that you?” he spoke with a low and raspy voice, making Jungkook shudder.

Busted

“Uh, yeah, hyung, sorry. Go back to sleep,” he whispered.

“What time is it? Why aren’t you asleep?” Jimin questioned, raising himself on his elbows to look at the younger.

“It’s almost 3 AM and I-uh- I couldn’t fall asleep, hyung. I’m sorry, you should go back to sleep,” he quickly replied.

“C’mere,” Jimin rasped.

Jungkook stood frozen, unable to move. “W-what?”

Patting the space beside him, Jimin spoke again. “Come here, Jungkook-ah.”

Hesitantly, Jungkook began to slowly walk towards Jimin’s bed, and as soon as he was infront of the older, Jimin raised the covers and invited Jungkook inside. “You said you couldn’t fall asleep, Jungkook-ah, get in here.”

Heart beating at a monster pace, Jungkook got under the covers beside Jimin and lied motionless, afraid to move.

“You’re going to be cold Jungkook-ah, come closer,” Jimin coerced, putting his arm around Jungkook’s body and pulling him close.

Jungkook felt the heat rising to his cheeks at Jimin’s action and in attempts to hide himself, snuck his head in the crevice of Jimin’s neck.

“T-thank you, hyung,” he whispered. “And I’m sorry for waking you up.”

“Stop apologizing Kookie, and go to sleep,” Jimin muttered, running his fingers through Jungkook’s hair, trying to put the younger to sleep.

“Goodnight, Jiminnie hyung,” Jungkook yawned, dragging his body even closer to Jimin’s and breathing in the older man’s scent, the fresh smell of the Busan sea lingering in the air.

“Goodnight, Jungkookie,” Jimin replied, hugging the younger’s body closer to his own.

A few minutes later, when Jungkook was sure that Jimin had fallen asleep, he whispered, “I love you, Jimin hyung” and placed a small, soft kiss on the older boy’s neck, and finally let slumber drag him into his dreams. What he didn’t know, however, was that Jimin was still awake, and his heart had nearly stopped when he heard the five words being whispered so softly against his ear. Unknowingly his grip on the younger’s body tightened and he felt his breath hitch as a few more moments later, he replied , “I love you too Jungkook-ah. I love you so much,” and placed a long and lingering kiss against the boy’s forehead.

The two boys would soon wake up tangled in each other’s arms, bodies unable to be freed from the other’s grasp, as from that day on, everything would be different.


Thank you for reading! <3