Final

Chingus

"Alright class. New semester, new class, new classmates. Today, we have a new student. Please come in."

Right after, a girl with long brown waves cascaded to her back walked into the room taking everybodies' breathe away. She walked and stood in front of the teacher's table. She stared at the class with her large doe eyes. "Hi, I'm Kim Yong Sun but you can also call me Solar. Nice to meet all of you. Let's be friends!" She smiled widely to everybody. 

"YongSun, you can take a seat beside Wheein at the back there. Wheein raise up your hand." 

Wheein was sitting quietly at the back. Alone. She raised her hand quietly for solar to see. Solar nodded and walked towards her new table. 

"Hi! I am Solar. You are Wheein right? I am new here so I don't have much friends. Soo, let's be friends!" Solar reached out her hand to wheein. Wheein looked at the hand and shake it slightly. Deep inside, wheein felt overwhelmed. This is the first time someone offered to be her friend. 

After that day, the duo had their lunches together everyday, studying together, teasing each other. Wheein felt time past very quickly, before solar came into her life, 1 day feels like 1 year. Now that solar appeared, 1 day feels like 1 hour to her. If only, solar came into a life earlier. 

Wheein fell for solar, but she don't dare to confess to her. She is scared that if solar rejects her, they won't be friends anymore. Thus, she kept her feelings to herself. She feels happy when solar is happy. When solar is sad, she wants to protect her from whoever hurts her. She just hopes that solar is happy. That is what she cares about most. Wheein tries to confess. "Solar, I... I..." Solar looked at wheein with question marks on her head. "Wheein-ah whats the matter? Are you okay?" Wheein just nod her head and brush the thought of confessing to solar away. 

She thinks that it's better to keep the feelings to herself.

------Graduation Day-------

Graduation day came really quickly for them. They all passed with flying colour, wheein and solar were one of those top students. It's wheein and solar's class turn to take their class photo. Formal picture and a picture of them throwing their graduation hat. 

"On the count of 3, throw your hats up. 1, 2, 3!"

Everybody threw their hats up, wheein threw her first and looked at solar. She wants to take a picture of that moment. To her, solar looked really beautiful at that moment. Solar was laughing and looking at the hats thrown up. 

End of photo taking. Solar wanted to take a picture with her best friend, wheein. After they took a picture, wheein decided that it was the time to confess. 

"Solar, I..." 

"wheein-ah, wait a moment... Eric!! Here!!!"

"Wheein-ah, I want to introduce to you. This is Eric, he is my ..." At that moment, to wheein, it feels like time was slowing down for her. "boyfriend. We just started dating last week and I felt that I should tell you." 

Wheein smile awkwardly and said hi to eric and introduced herself. 

If only... 

If only wheein confessed to solar that time, maybe she still have that chance. 

"I think I am destined to be her friend and only her friend." wheein mumbled to herself as she see solar and eric walk out of the school. 

 

 

 

Thank you for reading this story!! Hope that you enjoy it and please leave a comment below so that I know how to improve for my next story. Thank you!!!