twenty-five

forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When she woke up, Yoongi was gone. The natural light that came through the window without curtains was so strong that she had to take a couple of minutes to get used to so much clarity. She figured it would be after seven in the morning, because when she normally woke up, there was not so much light.

 

She slowly reincorporated herself with that strange sensation of disorientation when you woke up in an unknown place. Suga had covered her with all the sheets and blankets. She thought it was heart warm, but after thinking about it for a while, maybe he had just uncovered himself by throwing the sheets to the side.

The second option seemed more correct, more typical of Suga. She stretched her arms looking around the room. Two of the walls were papered, and in one of them the paper fell into pieces.

She noticed that, behind the wall paper, there were handwritten words in different languages, with a black pen. There were also scribbles and dashes, like those made by the prisoners in the movies on the walls of their cells when they counted the days they were imprisoned.

She wondered if Suga was the person who had written all that. In the room there was no more furniture than the bed-if it was considered furniture, of course, because it was nothing more than a mattress on the floor, a simple dresser with some drawers, an old lamp that was perhaps broken and ... Nothing more. He didn’t even have a nightstand.

Without getting out of bed completely, she approached the stack of books that Yoongi used as a bedside table. It had an orange glass ashtray, clean, with no traces of tobacco, but with several lighters nearby. She quickly assumed that Yoongi smoked.

She was curious to know what books he had. Surely he had not read any, or maybe yes. They always said that appearances deceive. She traced the backs of the books with the tips of her fingers, reading the title and the authors. Shakespeare, Goethe or Mary Shelley. All were classics of literature. Did Yoongi really read all that?

She decided to take out Frankenstein's book because it was the third one starting at the top of the mountain of books. She took it out carefully, and as soon as she opened it, a tiny plastic bag with a tight seal and a white content fell on her lap. She immediately left it inside the book, without inspecting its contents because she had an idea of ​​what it was, she left Frankenstein in his place and left the room as if nothing had happened, although she couldn’t stop thinking about that small plastic bag.

It looked like . She wasn’t very expert in drugs, maybe it was just some mediocre medicine crushed and stored in a sachet, or maybe it was flour, who knows. A person like Yoongi, in the background, didn’t look like the type who gets high. At least she hoped he didn’t.

She walked barefoot through the carpet of the room until she reached the corridor, where the parquet floor began. When SHE reached the improvised living room, with the television on the floor, she ran into Jimin and Namjoon. They turned to see her, confused.

 

- What are you doing in my house? - Namjoon asked, pointing to her.

 

- She's with Yoon ... I mean, Suga. - Jimin said quickly, laughing with that silly giggle he used to have. - You don’t see his sweater? That sweater is from Suga.

- Your house? - She asked with narrowed eyes.

- Yes my House. I mean, my house and Suga's too.

- Ah, then you live together ... - She looked to the sides looking for the young man with her eyes. Hopping he was around, but there was no sign of him.

- Where is Suga?

- He's gone out there. - Jimin answered quickly, he approached her. He was wearing his boots, which surprised her, because Yoongi told her as soon as she entered to take off her shoes.

- He said he was going to take you to the institute, but he has disappeared.

- As usual. - Namjoon pointed out.

- So...?

- You can stay here meanwhile. - Jimin released, shrugging, looking like if he was waiting for Namjoon’s approbation.

 

***********

She ended up watching Jimin play a soccer game with Namjoon, sitting between them. The truth is that she was surprised by Namjoon's ability to talk to her and pay attention to the television at the same time. As much as Jimin tried to join the conversation, he always ended up losing in the game. Talking to them she found out that Yoongi slept less than he seemed, that he tried to drink a cup of coffee mixed with an energy drink that could have killed him perfectly or that he ate away from the rest because he hated making noise when chewing. Jimin also told her that Taehyung owed money to Suga, but, fed up with waiting, Yoongi forgave her brother and lost a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter