end.

poetry and cappucinos

There you were, 

Looking as pretty as ever, 

Your presence makes my heart flutter like no other, 

Somehow these rhymes are kind of clever. 

 

Is it possible for someone to fall in love so quickly? Or am I just that oblivious of my own feelings? 

This café has become one of my favorite places to visit, not that there's a reason for that. Maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better by denying it. But yes, as a writer who's also an addict to coffee, this café has definitely become my second home. A place where I come to let out my thoughts, and build more thoughts. 

It's funny, people say I'm the most extrovert person out there but why can't I bring myself to do that thing extroverts do? You know, like, talk to people. Maybe it's because I'm just- too fond of her.  

Coffee, Café, Barista, Sinb. 

That's her name, Sinb. Or at least that's what's written on her name tag.  

 

I think about you a lot, 

It's scary because I've never had these thoughts, 

But I like having you on my mind, 

I think that's just because I like you that much. 

 

The first time I entered this café I was greeted with the bitter-sweet smell of coffee, of course- it's a café. But I was also greeted by a low voice that unenthusiastically welcomed me. 

That voice belonged to no other than the barista in charge, Eunbi. 

Do all baristas look that good in an apron and cap? Why don't I look that good in a cap? 

Also, why do I love to embarrass myself? The minute I laid my eyes on her I almost tripped because of how stunning she is, even in that ugly green apron, even in that cap that fitted her so well. 

The most outrageous thing about all of that was she didn't even flinch at the sight of me! It was frustrating, it's still frustrating. But that's okay, if I were her I wouldn't want to talk to me either. 

So I only ordered a simple macchiato because I didn't want to waste any more of her time, even though she works there and that's literally her job so it wouldn't be a problem if I made her wait. 

 

I wonder if you'd ever feel the same way, 

I wonder if I crowd your mind like you crowd mine,  

I wonder if I make your heart flutter like no other, 

I can only wonder,  

now can I? 

 

I come here often, and it seems that she works here full time because she's always here when I pay this place a visit. It's a nice feeling to know that she'll always be here. 

There's a spot that I always sit at, it's the perfect view. If I ever look up from this notebook that I'm writing on, all I see is her. There has been a couple of occasions where I look up, and our eyes connect. Suddenly time stops and it's only us. 

But is it creepy if everything that I've ever written in this book is about her? I hope not. 

Because I come here often, and that's because of her. 

 

Is there a need for complex words? 

This type of poetry is kind off lame isn't it? 

But because of you I'm writing these words, 

Even though they're not as complex as they should be. 

 

Sometimes I get tired of macchiato so I order an iced latte. The first time I did that she wrote my name and placed a heart beside it, did that mean anything? Because it meant everything to me.  

The more I come here, the more I fall for her. Is it possible to fall in love so quickly? Is it possible to fall in love with the same person over and over again?  

I've never believed any of my friends that say that they've experienced love at first sight, but look at me now, experiencing it myself. It's crazy because I have never even had a short conversation with her.  

But she once said to me, "Thank you and have a nice day" after I pay for my drink. But that was only once, I smiled and nodded. Do you think that she recognizes me already because I come here too often? 

 

Clever rhymes and pretty writings, 

Do you feel it too? 

This tight feeling inside my chest, 

Always longing for you, 

Abnormality is a thing, 

Is my heart normal? 

For feeling this way towards you? 

 

-- 

 

Autumn leaves and night fall, 

Comforting but saddening too, 

My mind isn't working, 

Because all I can think about is you. 

 

I've lost count to the amount of time I've came here. I wish I hadn't lost count though. 

Because today she greeted me with a smile, it was so sudden. I barely remember it but I remember it so vividly, does that make sense? Her smile is so beautiful.  

It took me a minute to process that sight of her and for the second time, I embarrassed myself by stuttering while saying my order of an iced latte. But I managed to return that smile! And I hope she notices it too.  

 

When the world finally falls in place, 

And when my mind starts working again, 

I hope we can be together, 

With you finally for falling for me, 

And with me still head over heels for you. 

 

Today I ordered another iced latte, but she stopped me and said. "You know, the cappuccino here is good too."  

So I ordered the cappuccino. 

And she wasn't wrong, it was delicious. Suddenly cappuccino's are my favorite type of coffee, I wonder if there's a reason to that. 

She drew another heart beside my name this time too. Maybe she does that to every customer she gets but who knows, I'll just bathe myself in hope. 

 

I know and I'll continue to know, 

That the world is against me, 

That the world is against the idea of us, 

You are that world, 

You might be against me too. 

 

Today I ordered another cappuccino. Her smile was so wide that one could mistake it as a toothpaste commercial. But her smile is still so beautiful, just like how I remembered it last time.  

"It's really good, right?" She asked me as she keys in my order. "I've never liked cappuccinos but they do it really good here" I replied, stating the truth. I like macchiatos and lattes compared to the latter. 

"What else do you like?" She questioned, context not clear. Suddenly my heart rate increased higher and my eyes quiver elsewhere avoiding her eyes.  

I manned up (kind off) and answered, "Are you on the menu?". Her eyes widen in confusion. 

"Because I like you"  

 

Questions are meant to be answered, 

But it seems like I don’t have any more questions, 

Because all of them have been answered, 

And the answer is you. 

 

-- 

"Yennie, what are you writing? Can I read it? Please?" Eunbi asked as Yerin quickly tried to hide her book away from the younger girl. "You never let me read your writings!" the younger girl continued to whine and pout like a 5-year-old.  

Once Yerin saw this pout, though, all her insecurities that she had about her writings  disappear and is now placed by the giddy feeling that Eunbi never fails to make her feel. 

A small smile formed on Yerin's lips before she responded. "I'm not writing anything, I just found this book that I wrote in when I visited the café"  

"I still want to read it because you wrote in it! Besides, I've always wondered what you were writing in there" Eunbi protested once again, trying to her best not to snatch away the book rudely from Yerin's hand. 

"Okay," Yerin sighed before continuing, "I'll let you read it," Eunbi's face lighten up so quickly that Yerin froze because of that smile of hers. It never changes, it's still so beautiful, Yerin thought. 

She took a deep breathe again, "Only if you agree to not laugh or make fun of me"  

Eunbi face scrunched up the same speed like before, confused to as why Yerin would think that she'd make fun of her in the first place when Yerin is literally one of the best writers she knows. (Or maybe that's because Eunbi doesn't even read often, but yes, one of the best)  

"Why would I laugh? It's not like you're a bad writer" Yerin only sat there mum for a few seconds before answering Eunbi. 

"They're about you, I wrote about you. And I at it."  

Eunbi really had no idea. But she was more interested in the fact that Yerin is so insecure about her writing because Yerin never lets her read any of it. 

So Eunbi grabbed the book out of Yerin's hands and turned to the first page. 

"I'll be the judge of that" 

 

There you were, 

Looking as pretty as ever, 

Your presence makes my heart flutter like no other, 

Somehow these rhymes are kind of clever. 

 

I think about you a lot, 

It's scary because I rarely have these thoughts, 

But I like having you on my mind, 

I think that's just because I like you that much. 

 

I wonder if you'd ever feel the same way, 

I wonder if I crowd your mind like you crowd mine, 

I wonder if I make your heart flutter like no other, 

I can only wonder, 

Now can I? 

 

Is there a need for complex words? 

This type of poetry is kind off lame isn't it? 

But because of you I'm writing these words, 

Even though they're not as complex as they should be. 

 

Cleaver rhymes and pretty writings, 

Do you feel it too? 

This tight feeling inside my chest, 

Always longing for you, 

Abnormality is a thing, 

Is my heart normal? 

For feeling this way towards you? 

 

After reading everything on that page, Eunbi just stared at the page for a solid minute for meeting her eyes with Yerin's. She didn't know how to react, especially since Yerin said this is about her. 

She reverted her gaze back to the book and flipped to the next page. 

 

Autumn leaves and night fall, 

Comforting but saddening too, 

My mind isn't working, 

Because all I can think about is you 

 

When the world finally falls in place, 

And when my mind starts working again, 

I hope we can be together, 

With you finally for falling for me, 

And with me still head over heels for you. 

 

I know and I'll continue to know, 

That the world is against me, 

That the world is against the idea of us, 

You are that world, 

You might be against me too. 

 

Questions are meant to be answered, 

But it seems like I don’t have any more questions, 

Because all of them have been answered, 

And the answer is you. 

 

Eunbi suddenly got up and scouted for something. She came back with a pen in hand and flipped to the last page of the book.  

She started writing, Yerin smiled at the sight before her as Eunbi had her tongue stuck out while doing so. 

It took Eunbi around 5 minutes to finish whatever she was writing and in between those minutes she kept looking up from the book to look at Yerin with eyebrows furrowed, but still biting her tongue out very cutely. After she finished, she smiled sheepishly and handed the book back to Yerin for her to read. 

 

To: My dear Yennie. 

 

HYennie, 

I like your smile, 

I like you eyes, 

I like your boopy little nose, 

I like a lot of things, 

But I LOVE YOU the most. 

 

FROM, TTin 

 

..