1 of 1

Soulmate

[disclaimer: I got so inspired with one of 2min's video on YT. I forgot the link, I dreamt of tha video thrice last week. So I made this]

 

>>>>

“Daddy, what is soulmate?”

 

My ten year old son Munjee asked me one scorching summer afternoon as I was watching a basketball match on our television.

He was holding a bowl of popcorn sitting down beside me.

It was rare for me to stay at home during weekdays because of my work (been way too busy looking after our hotel and my own travel agency), but thank goodness for out of the office meetings I was able to go home as early as I can and spend the rest of the day with my boy whom I rarely spend time with coz you know, when I wake up and prepare for work he was still asleep and when I arrive home late night he was asleep so as my wife who was patiently waiting for me on the sofa.

I smiled upon hearing his question. I rubbed his silky hair and started telling him what I think about a soulmate.

 

“A soulmate huh?”

 

I started, Munjee nodded as he was starting to consume half of the bowl. I twitched my lips and look at my wife while I was trying to tell my son on how I foresee a soulmate.

 

“A soulmate is someone like your best friend or more than that. Someone who knows you better than anyone else or more than you know yourself. Someone who can make you a better person. Well, your soulmate won’t really make you a better person. Your soulmate will do nothing but to bring out the best in you.”

 

I paused and looked at Munjee. His face was crunched, lips pouting cutely indicating he was a bit confused on what I was saying. I laugh a little. I thought my words was way too simple but I forgot that I was speaking to a little guy.

 

I scratched my head and just continued bombarding him words that I know, he will not comprehend well. But he asked me, right?

 

“You know you already met your soulmate when someone accepts you for what and who you are. And that person will surely stay no matter how hard it is to stay with you.”

 

Munjee scratch his head looking at me intently. I pinched his chubby cheeks and continued;

 

“A soulmate will be with you through thick and thin, until all your hair turns to gray, someone who would still  laugh on your corny jokes that you've mention million times, someone who'll hold your trembling hand until you reached your dawn, someone who will be with you until your last breath.”

“Have you seen your soulmate, daddy?”

 

He asked. I smiled widely and nodded. Then comes his other question,

 

“Who was your soulmate daddy?”

 

I rubbed his hair again and sweetly told him;

 

“Your mom. She was my soulmate.”

“Oh! Sweet! How’d you know mommy was your soulmate?”

“She knows me more than I know myself.”

 

I sweetly said winking at my beautiful wife who’s busy baking cookies for Munjee’s snacks.

 

“I don’t get you daddy.”

“In due time, you’d know.”

 

I said standing up; walking near my wife and hugged her from behind and sweetly kissed her neck saying;

 

“You look so good while baking.”

“Ow come on, Minho. You always tell me that! And please quit being too lovey dovey with me when Munjee is around.”

 

Taemin said rolling her eyes but hugging my muscular arms. We were sharing a sweet hug when Munjee asked his mother who her soulmate was.

We both looked at our curious son who was expectantly looking at us holding the bowl of popcorn.

Taemin smiled and simply said it was me.

 

“How’d you know it was daddy?”

 

He sat on the table; put his chin on his left hand and looked at me and Taemin; me too was curious.

You know, I was not the one she loved first. We started off as just civil classmates, never the closest one. We talked about lessons and all but we were never close. It just so happened naturally. When things gets rough for Taemin, I was there waiting on the corner listening to her hurts, wiping the tears and eventually falling madly in love with her. It took me two years to get all the courage I could get to admit my feelings. She says she likes me too.

Five years on the making before we decide to get married. With all honestly, our relationship is like a friendship with just intimate moments. In our five years relationship, we only exchange I love you’s for at least 10 times.

But it doesn’t matter. We both bring out the best in each other.

 

“He never left even if I gave him a million of reason to go.”

 

Munjee looked at me as if asking what the meaning of his mother’s words is. I don’t even know too. Taemin smiled widely and ruffled our son’s hair.

 

“I wasn’t vocal on how I feel for him, I often make your daddy wait but he never let me feel I was alone, so here we are.”

 

“You let your soulmate wait, mommy?”

 

Taemin and I smiled and sweetly told him;

 

“It takes time to know if you already meet your soulmate.”

 

“Is it someone you’d love and spend your life with forever?”

 

He asked no one. I pinch his cheeks and told him;

 

“No, sometimes your soulmate will be just a friend. You’d be lucky enough to be loved by your soulmate.”

 

Munjee smiled the smile I always wanted to see. He closely looked at his mother and sweetly said;

“I wish I could find a soulmate like mommy. Someone who’ll hug me even I’m sweaty!”

 

Taemin kissed our son’s cheeks and said making me smile and thank God that I was spending my whole life loving my soulmate;

 

“You have to aim of having a soulmate like your daddy. Someone who’d love you and stay with you despite all the odds”

 

She paused; kiss my cheeks and said;

 

“You know I love you right?”

 

“I know. And I love you too, my soulmate.”

 

I said after kissing her lips lightly. I’m just so lucky that I met and ended up with my soulmate.<<<<

 

120117 – 2:30pm

Hope you like a little blabber of my mind. :)
This is unedited. Worked with it in between work :)
thank you for reading!
drop your thoughts eh?
hugs

 

-jhay^^