End

Of Forgotten Scarves and Grocery Lists
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What’s the word for that infestation of tiny creatures over there?”

Kyungsoo’s gaze follows the direction Baekhyun’s well-manicured finger is pointing to and rolls his eyes. “Those are children.” He responds dryly, face void of humour. “That’s a school.” He then adds slowly.

When Baekhyun scrunches up his nose in distaste, Kyungsoo sighs so deeply that it must have echoed through the pits of hell. “I work there, Baekhyun. Those kids mean the world to me so I’d appreciate if you lay off with your snarky remarks. Where’s your ing Christmas spirit?”

Of course Baekhyun knows what a school is. He’s an idiot but not stupid enough to not know what kids are and he also knows that his boyfriend has been working there ever since he graduated from university three years ago when Kyungsoo realised that his degree in civil engineering was meaningless because his heart truly longed to care for snot-filled, loud, annoying, teary-eyed, barely two feet tall brats. In other words, an army of mini Baekhyuns during allergy season.

“Right. Firstly, people don’t use ‘ing’ and ‘Christmas spirit’ in the same sentence unless I’m ing the Christmas spirit into you.” He expertly avoids the punch his lover throws his way. “And, as much as I care about you and your passions, I’d prefer to keep a ten meter radius away from this place. I don’t know if you haven’t noticed but we’re actually breaking my code of conduct right now.” The older finishes, shuddering for effect. When Kyungsoo glares harder, Baekhyun shoots him a blinding, rectangular smile that has his sleepy eyes turning into crescents.

“I’d take your cup of coffee for being a but I don’t need diabetes. Just kiss me so I can leave.”

“Oh? You’re so demanding, Do Kyungsoo,” Baekhyun teases, eyes twinkling mischievously as he leans over the middle compartment.

“Don’t test me, Byun. Otherwise you’ll be wearing your cup of liquid sugar.” Kyungsoo growls but pushes himself forward enough to meet Baekhyun’s soft, puckered lips. His breath smells of caffeine and cinnamon and even though Kyungsoo greatly dislikes the flavour combination, he can’t deny that Baekhyun makes it bearable- likeable even.

“It’s cold today so wrap up well when you take the monsters out for break and lunch,” Baekhyun hums lightly, already checking his hair in the rearview mirror.

“You’re insufferable. How does kimchi soup for dinner sound?” the younger questions fixing his trench coat and scarf.

“Perfect. This weather demands it. Text me the ingredients you need and I’ll stop by the grocery on my way from work ‘kay?”

“You better not forget to check your messages until you get back home later again or this time I’m locki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter