final

For God's Sake, Irene
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the time like this, it was natural for Irene to find herself wrapped in a blanket with a cup of hot chocolate in her hands while she was just sitting on her couch watching whatever on her television. She glanced outside her apartment and sipped her hot chocolate as she saw that rain was pouring hard outside. She snorted when the movie she was watching showing a couple who were cuddling on their bed, sharing each other’s warmth. It made her want to pour a little vodka into her hot chocolate; so she did—like half a cup.

Irene dragged herself lazily from the couch with blanket was still wrapped around her petite body, she just thought it was probably just the pizza she ordered. She did not open her door fully as she was just slipped her hands through the gap.

 

“Keep the change.” She said.

 

Irene felt that the money was still on her hand, so she huffed and thought that the pizza guy was probably just messing with her, so she opened the door.

 

.

 

A very charming girl was standing there with a confused look and a smile on her face as she looked at Irene in that exact state—hot mess state. She dropped her blanket, revealing her cute bunny onesie and wiped the chocolate stain on her lips with the back of her hands. She probably looked so disgusting right now because Irene had to be honest that she had not taken a shower in two days. And her hair was tied up.

 

“Hi,” the charming stranger said.

 

“H-Hi…” Irene replied.

 

“Um…I’m Seulgi Kang. I just moved out to the unit next to you.” Her smile was surely blinding.
 

“I-I’m gay—I meant I’m Bae Joohyun—I meant Irene—Joohyun! Um…”

 

Seulgi chuckled, and Irene wanted the devil to take her to the underworld immediately, she was literally waiting.

 

“I can call you Joohyun, can’t I?” Seulgi asked.

 

Irene nodded. She did not usually let a stranger called her by her birth name, but she just made an exception.

 

“Alright, then.” Seulgi said, still with the very charming smile. “I’ll see you sometimes?”

 

“Y-Yes.” Irene nodded. And as soon as Seulgi entered her unit, she slammed the door and bang her forehead against it. She was sure that her face was as red as a tomato. Irene sighed and walked away from the door as she slipped on the blanket she dropped.

 

“Stupid blanket!” She said, and took the blanket to wrap it again around her body.

 

---

 

Irene was stumbling upon her own high heels as she was running to catch the bus. She slept very late last night and when she woke up, she realised that she was very late to work. And she was sure that her boss would slice her into half if she did not deliver her coffee right on time.
Irene was working at a media company called LUX. It was a popular media conglomerate in Midhurst City. And Irene, just so happened to be the personal assistant of the founder of the company, Ava Kang. A very mean lady—well, she was not mean, but she was super strict that the employees were afraid of her.

She burst in from the elevator into the CEO’s office as fast as she could with a hot Americano in her hand.

 

“Mrs. Kang, I’m so so—“

 

“Ah, there you are.” Ava gave her the look. But, that was not why she froze. It was because the very same charming girl from last night was standing in front of her; and she looked hotter than Irene remembered.

 

“You’re fired.” Ava said.

 

Irene came back to reality as soon as she heard that.

 

“Mrs. Kang, I’m so sorry! I accidentally broke my alarm and—“

 

Ava shushed her and said, “I haven’t finished.”

 

Irene kept shut.

 

“You’re fired from your position as my personal assistant, and now you’re…” She eyed Seulgi with a smile. “My daughter’s personal assistant.”

 

“D-Daughter?!” Irene shouted, and she regreted it right after as she closed with her hand.

 

“Yes, is there any problem?” Ava lifted one of her eyebrows.

 

“No…? No! No! Not at all, Mrs. Kang! It’s just because...you look very young and—well it doesn’t mean that you look old now that you have a daughter, I just meant to say that you look too young to be a mother—that also sounded wrong, didn’t it? Mrs. Kang, I’m so—“

 

“Irene.” Ava cut her off. She massaged her temple, “just…Take my daughter around the city, show her around…Please.”

 

“N-Now?” Irene stuttered.

 

“Yes! Now!” Ava said.

 

“Okay! Got it! Um…Your coffee, Mrs. Kang. I’m sorry I was late and thank you so much for letting me stay and-“

 

“Irene Bae!”

 

“Okay! City tour! Got it!” Irene pulled Seulgi’s wrist and sprinted out of Ava’s office.

 

---

 

“Joohyun, where are we going?”

 

Irene stopped when she heard Seulgi’s voice. She completely forgot that she was dragging Seulgi—who did that, really?

She turned around and bowed to Seulgi a lot of times as she was really sorry for aimlessly dragging Seulgi.

 

Seulgi chuckled.

 

“Hey, it’s okay.” Seulgi held her shoulders, and Irene felt like she was going to pass out. “I like it here so far, so many objects that I can take a picture of.”

 

Irene eyed the camera that was dangling on Seulgi’s shoulder.

 

“Y-You’re our new photographer?”

 

“Yeah.” Seulgi answered, she shot the camera at Irene’s direction and snapped a picture. It obviously caught Irene off guard.

 

“Mom said that I can work at her company as soon as I graduated and I actually did, two years ago. But, someone else already got the position so I worked as freelance when I was in London.”

 

Irene did not actually hear whatever Seulgi was talking about, she was too focused on the girl’s lips. The way it moved, Irene just wanted to kiss it.

 

“Let’s go.” Seulgi brought Irene to reality. “Take me somewhere else.” She smiled.

 

Irene took Seulgi to a monument of the heroes that had fought their way in the past, it was made of glass. And Irene actually thought that was the most beautiful part of the city. She noticed that Seulgi had snapped a few pictures, she kept looking at the pictures back and forth with a frown on her face before taking another.

 

“Irene, can you do me a favour?” Seulgi suddenly said.

 

“Anything!”

 

Her answer actually kind of surprised Seulgi as the girl jumped a bit.

 

“S-Sorry.”

 

“It’s okay.” Seulgi laughed. “Can you please stand in front of the monument?”

 

“There?” Irene pointed at the glass monument. And Seulgi replied her with a nod. So, she did. She just stood there, awkwardly.

 

Seulgi laughed so hard.

 

“Don’t be shy, Irene. Come on, pose for me!” Seulgi said.

 

Irene lifted up her hands and made peace sign with awkward grin on her face. Seulgi thought that it was very adorable, so, she snapped the picture.

 

“You’re cute, Irene.” Seulgi said as soon as Irene was standing next to her.

 

Irene felt like flying—or dying.

 

---

 

 

“Well, that was a fun day.” Seulgi said. They were both reached their apartment as it was already night time.

 

“Yeah…” Irene said, lowering her head because she felt shy that Seulgi was now staring at her.

 

“I’d like to get to know you more, Joohyun.” Seulgi said before entering her unit.

 

Irene couldn’t help but jumped happily back into her unit.

 

---

 

Irene ran to reach her door as she knew she was going to be late again, and as soon as she opened her door she screamed when she saw Seulgi was standing in front of her.

 

“Good morning.” S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter