It Takes Two

Hairspray
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Be glad that my mom is giving you a longer time to stay until you leave the show”, Tzuyu mocked Nayeon’s voice as she was walking home. “She wouldn’t be on the show if it weren’t for that old lady”, she muttered to herself. Tzuyu looks around, making sure no one was around and proceeds to walk towards the foreign communities. Seoul consisted of two parts, the Korean side, and the foreign side. Nobody knows that Tzuyu is actually a foreigner herself— a Taiwanese to be exact. Well nobody, except for two people… Her family lives on the side of the foreign communities where it’s mostly empty. Tzuyu takes another peek around her shoulder, making sure nobody saw her and walked up to the dainty house. 

 

“Tzuyu!”, Ms.Chou shouted in excitement as she opened the door for her daughter. 

 

“Mom, someone might hear you!”, Tzuyu scolded and the smile on Ms.Chou’s face was replaced with a frown. They both walk in and Tzuyu saw Jieqiong sitting on the couch, watching a re-run of ‘International Day’ on ‘The JYPNation Show’. Tzuyu scoffs and Jieqiong furrows her eyebrows at her older sister. 

 

“What’s wrong? Can’t handle some foreigners?”, Jieqiong spat out, her voice laced with venom. Tzuyu rolls her eyes, walking towards the TV, earning a few complaints from Jieqiong. Tzuyu spins the dial and the TV turns off, making the little girl stand up in frustration. “I hate you!”, she runs off to her room and Tzuyu yells back. 

 

“Don’t have a cow, Jieqiong!”, she snarks and Ms.Chou stands near the kitchen, crossing her arms. Her mother shows a disappointed look as Tzuyu remains emotionless and walks towards her room. She lays on her bed when she hears something being hit on the window. Tzuyu looks at the curtained window and shrugs her shoulder, but another sound was heard. Tzuyu raises her eyebrows and slowly opened the window to see her annoying neighbour. 

 

“Ni hao Tzuyu”, Jackson says with a smile through his opened window. Although where Tzuyu lived was empty, she still had the same neighbour since childhood. 

 

Tzuyu opens her window. “I don’t know what you’re saying Jackson”, she lied, having the same emotionless face. Jackson’s smile is replaced with anger. 

 

“Why you gotta chop me like that?”, Jackson says in an offended tone. “When are you going to cut the act that you’re not a Korean?”, he asked and Tzuyu squints her eyes at the boy. 

 

“Goodbye, Jackson”, Tzuyu says, not bothering to answer Jackson’s question. She slams the window down and quickly closes the curtains. 

 

—— 

 

“Oh look. We missed the bus to go home. What a bummer”, Sana sarcastically says. All she wanted to do was to walk through town again. Momo shakes her head at the girl and grabs Sana’s hand, who looked ready to walk.

 

“Oh no, you don’t!”, Momo yells in Japanese, earning disgusted looks from the other students outside the school. “Koreans…”, Momo mumbled to herself. 

 

“Come on Momo! We’ll have a blast!”, Sana begs on her knees, making everyone stare at the two. Momo notices this and screams out. 

 

“FLAKE OFF, WILL YA? DON’T YOU KOREANS HAVE TO GO GEL YOUR HAIR OR PUT ON MORE LIPSTICK?”, everyone’s eyes widened and they quickly flee’ed the scene. Sana was still on the ground, begging to go walk through the Korean side of town. Momo sighs, “Fine, let’s go have a ‘blast’.” 

 

Sana squeals, “Thank you so much!”. She tightly hugs Momo as she drags her towards the town. They link arms as they approach the stores, Sana walks towards a certain store where the two saw ‘The JYPNation Show’ previewing on all of the TVs that were on display. 

 

“I still don’t get your interest in Koreans. They treat you like dirt, yet you wanna do the chicken dance with them”, Momo looks over to Sana, who wasn’t even listening as she was too immersed in watching ‘The JYPNation Show’ on TV. Jungkook was singing a song, ‘It Takes Two’ as the other dancers surrounded him, slow dancing in pairs. Sana focused her attention on Tzuyu, who wasn’t even dancing and stood behind Jungkook, who was barely paying attention to the girl. 

 

“Why isn’t Tzuyu dancing with someone!?”, Sana complained and Momo shrugs her shoulders. Then, Momo smiles to herself as she wiggled her eyebrows at the latter. 

 

“I think it’s because you’ve already called dibs on her, remember?”, the girl teased and Sana hits her shoulder. Behind the TVs, the owner of the store approaches the window. 

 

“Hey! You filthy girls! I’m calling the police!”, Momo heard the man yell through the window. Momo tugs Sana’s arm, telling her it’s time to go. 

 

“Wait a minute, the song is ending”, Sana says, her eyes glued on the TV— specifically on Tzuyu. 

 

“Skip class tomorrow and audition for ‘The JYPNation Show’, Jungkook spoke in his mic and Sana shrieked, making Momo cover

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter