Someone

YoonYul One shot(s)

 

Someone

They Come and Go













“Aish. Of all places where he could give my punishment why did dad send me here?” Yoona muttered to herself.

She was cleaning the tables in an orphanage while blaming his father for what she’s doing.

Who would ask a 13 year old to do ‘community service’ to an orphanage?

But truth to be told, it was her fault that she ended up doing a month of service to the orphanage; if she didn’t ruin that kid’s birthday party, she wouldn’t be in the place that she didn’t really like to be in. No, she doesn’t hate the place, she just didn’t like kind of atmosphere in places like the orphanage.

Her family is one of the sponsors of the orphanage. Their family have been giving donations to this orphanage since she was born. It is something she didn’t fully understand and she has no plan of doing so at the moment.

“Yoona, dear, please help Hyoyeon, upstairs, in setting up the room.” The head of the orphanage, as she assumes, Mrs. Lee asked her as she rinse the rag she used in cleaning the table.

Yoona could only manage a nod. As much as she hates what she’s doing, she has no choice, she has to do what they ask her to or else her ‘community service’ would be extended. And she wouldn’t want that to happen.

After hanging the rag, she washed her hands and proceeded upstairs, to the room where the girl named Hyoyeon would be. She knocked on the door and went inside to find the said girl having a hard time turning the mattress.

“Hyoyeon-ssi, need help with that?” She tried to sound as polite as possible.

“Oh, Yoona-ssi. Yes, I would really appreciate if you help me with this mattress.” The other girl said in response.

Yoona closed the door and took few steps to the bed.

“Please drop the formalities.” She said as she successfully assisted the older girl in turning the mattress.

“Okay. Can I ask you a question?”

“Well, since you’re already asking one, another wouldn’t hurt.”

“I’ll let that one pass. So anyways, how did you end up helping out in this orphanage?”

“I made a really stupid mistake.”

Hyoyeon raised an eyebrow.“You like it here?”

“To tell you frankly, no I don’t like it here.”

“You sure about that?”

“Positive.”

“You won’t change your mind?”

“Nope.”

“Really?"

"Yes. Can we now finish this?" Yoona said as she help the older girl in put the bedcovers.

"What kind of kid do you think will come?"

"There's a new kid coming?"

"Well obviously, we're setting up a new bed." Yoona could only manage a nod.

After setting up the new bed, the two girls proceeded to Mrs. Lee's office.

"Mrs. Lee, we're done setting up her bed." Hyoyeon said.

"Very well then. Hyoyeon go back to your chores." Hyoyeon nodded in response then proceeded to the door, Yoona following the older girl out but only to be called back by Mrs. Lee.

"Ms. Im, can I talk to you for a few minutes?"

"Sure Mrs. Lee."

"Have a sit." She gestured the chair in front of her table. Yoona complied and sat on the chair the woman was pointing at. "So I guess you heard that there will be a new kid coming." Yoona nodded."I want you to aid the new girl. Tell her how things happen here."

"Okay Mrs. Lee. But why me?"

"The other children are busy with their own chores and activities so I count on you with this matter. Consider this as your main goal on helping out here" Mrs. Lee explained. "Here are some things about her." She handed Yoona a piece of paper with information about the new girl.



Name: Kwon Yuri

Date of birth: 05 Dec

Age: 13 years old

Birthplace: unknown

Parents: unknown


"She's quite the anti-social kid. Anything about her past is unknown and also a very sensitive subject."

"When will she arrive here?"

"In a few hours."





*



Life's full of secrets and surprises. You'll never know when, how or why things would happen. Everything is unpredictable. Things happen when you least expect them. Life is uncertainty.


*





Yoona sighed for the nth time as she try to calm herself. This Kwon Yuri girl is really getting on her nerves. First her hand, this new girl slapped her right hand when she tried to help the other girl unpack and boy she didn't know the girl can hit really hard. Her hand was still aching and it looked like it would turn into a bruise. And now she's in Hyoyeon and the new girl's shared room waiting for Hyoyeon who was getting a band-aid from the medicine cabinet; she had a small wound on her forehead (which she got when she hit a tree due to an "accident" with Yuri) and a cut on her finger (which she got when she leaned on the tree for support when she stood up from her fall).

"Are you sure you're fine?" Hyoyeon asked as she walked to her bed where the young Im sat.

"I'm fine with these wounds but being with her is not. She's pissing me off." Yoona answered as the older girl tend to the cut on her finger.

"Hey, give just give her..time? She seems troubled, or confused of some sort. Or maybe she's new to these kind of things." The older said as she placed a band-aid on her forehead.

"New? Everything here seems foreign to her. She doesn't even know how to clean up the table."

"Says the spoiled princess."

"Whatever." Yoona stood up and walked towards the door. "And by the way, thank you for these." She pointed on the band-aids on her head and finger. "I would love to stay and chat but I have punishments yet to finish."




*




Yoona was finished helping the older people, in setting up the table. Children in the orphanage came to the room not long after. As the children settle themselves, she noticed a certain person is missing. Kwon Yuri. She decided to look for the girl though she pisses her off. She went to the girl's room; no Yuri. She checked the bathroom, still no Yuri. She sighed and decided to walk around the garden behind the orphanage before going home.

To her surprise, the girl she bothered to look for was sitting down, leaning her back on a tree, asleep.
“Aish this girl.” She walked closer and tapped the girl’s shoulder. “Hey! WAKE UP!!” She shook the tanned girl.

Yuri shot her eyes open. After realizing that it was Yoona who woke her up, she decided to ignore the other girl and closed her eyes. Suddenly, she felt pain on her leg. Yoona kicked her.

“Stand up. Dinner’s ready.” Yoona said as she walked to the house.




*




“Young Miss, dinner’s served.” The butler said.

“I’ll be there in a sec.”

Yoona rushed to her vanity mirror to fix her hair; hoping that her long hair could cover the plaster on her forehead. She removed the band-aid on her finger and threw it in the trash then proceeded downstairs.
She settled on her designated seat on their dining table (the seat across her mother).

“So Yoona, how was the orphanage?” Her dad asked her.

“It’s boring.” Yoona replied as she cut the steak.

“Well good.” Her mother commented. “What kind of things they asked you to do?”

“Cleaning stuff.” And watching over that new girl.

“Finally, you can learn some responsibility.” Her dad smiled. “By the way, your mom and I would be going overseas for your cousin’s birthday.”

“What? When?”

“Few days from now. And no you can’t come. You need to finish what we asked you to do.”

“But that’s unfair.”

“Do you think what you did to Mr. Shim’s daughter’s birthday fair?”

“Honestly no, but that’s not the same.”

Mrs. Im watched as her youngest daughter argue with her husband. It’s a scene not foreign to her eyes and ears since it’s like a routine every time Yoona decided to do something inappropriate.

“You two stop it. Yoona, the decision is final. You won’t be coming with us. Besides it would only be for a few days. We’ll just send your greetings to your cousin.” Mrs. Im stated.

“Fine.” Yoona stood up.

“Where are you going young lady?” Her dad questioned.

“I’m going to bed.” She replied nonchalantly. Mr. Im wants to reprimand her daughter but decides to dismiss it.

"You think it's a great idea, to leave our daughter here?" Mrs. Im asked her husband as soon as her daughter was out of sight.

"Well if you wanted to fix those divorce papers that bad I don't see the reason to stop you." Mr. Im said, anger slightly heard from his voice.





*




Yoona slammed her door shut. She knew it wasn't her cousin's birthday; it was her parents getting divorced. They thought she didn't know anything about it; her mom cheating with some guy she saw once in a restaurant and her dad drinking the pain away every time her mom doesn't come home.

She pity her dad. How could her mom cheat on her dad? Don't they love each other?

She had to get away from this problem. Thinking of a solution so that she would be in her father's custody, she grabbed her phone and started dialing a familiar number. After a couple of rings, the person picked up.

"Hello?"

"Oppa, it's Yoona."

"Oh Yoona, need something?"

"Oppa, can I stay with you?"

"Here in Australia? Why? What happened?"

"They're getting di-divorced." A tear slide down her face. "I don't want to go with mom. Please oppa."

"What? Why? How?"

"I don't know but please oppa, help me." More tears flowed down her face.

"Okay, okay. I'll talk to them then fix the necessary papers as soon as possible. Is that okay with you?"

"It's fine oppa. Thank you." She wiped her tears.

"No problem. Anything for my baby sister. Now go to sleep."

"Okay oppa." She hung up.




*




"Why did you do that? Do how much trouble you could get into when her parent find out about what you did earlier?!" Hyoyeon scolded her roommate.

Silence.

"Why won't you speak?"

Silence.

"Argh. Fine. Don't speak but you should apologize to her." Hyoyeon laid down and pulled up her blanket.
Am I really that bad? Yuri asked herself. She was just protecting herself from what others may do to her. She was afraid that people may hurt her the way they did.




*




Yoona was wiping the glass dry when somebody tapped her shoulder. Looking at her right, she was surprised to see the Hyoyeon standing there.

“What can I do for you Hyoyeon?”

“Mrs. Lee asked me to tell you that you should try to drag my lazy roommate out of our room or even just make her talk.”

“What? She caused me injuries and now you expect me to be, like, nice to her?!”

“Orders are orders Ms. Im and besides it’s not like you have something else to do.” Hyoyeon turned away and walked out of Yoona’s sight.

Yoona hated the fact that one, she was called ‘Ms. Im’ and two, she has to ‘endure’ being with Yuri. “Argh. Fine.” She complained to no one in particular.




*




*knock knock*

Yuri looked away from the window to check who entered her room. Seeing that it was Yoona, she turned her attention back to window to watch the children playing at the backyard.

“Hi..uhm..Mrs. Lee asked me to accompany you here so..yeah..”

“…”

“oh-kay. Right. I’ll just sit here and you pretend that I’m not here.”

“…”

Silence engulfed the whole room as Yoona observed the girl by the window.

She really is anti-social.




*




“Yoona! Why is your brother telling me that you’re gonna live with him?! Why didn’t you tell me?! You think you could just make decisions like that?!” Her father barged into her room.

“You don’t care! It’s my life! I can live with whom I want to live with!!!” She shouted.

“Young miss! Don’t you dare raise your voice on me! I am your father!”

“Father?” Yoona scoffed. “That’s just a name, you’re not a real father because a real father, my father wouldn’t do anything to hurt his daughter! He wouldn’t do things, make decisions without even thinking if his daughter would be happy with it!”

“What?”

“I’m not dumb, Dad.” Tears started to form on Yoona’s eyes. “ I know what’s happening. I know that Mom’s cheating on you. I know that your marriage is falling apart. I know that you are going overseas to finish those divorce papers and not because of a birthday party. And I know that when you got divorced with Mom, I would go to her because minors should be in the custody of their mothers.”
She was crying profusely though it feels weird that she was relieved of some sort; being finally able to voice out things she have kept inside for months.

Mr. Im went to hug her daughter trying to calm her down with soft whispers of comfort.

“I don’t want to live with her Dad. I want to stay with you and oppa.” She mumbled as she tighten the hug.

“Sshh…hush my dear. I’m sorry Daddy couldn’t prevent this from happening. I’m sorry. But Daddy will make sure that you’ll stay with me and your oppa. That I promise you.”




*




Yoona has been sitting on the same chair, facing the same direction for two days now. The girl she was suppose to be looking after or guiding, or whatever people would call it, was still staring out the window, into nothingness. Children weren’t playing outside since it was drizzling.

Yoona sighed for the nth time. She can’t figure out what’s with the other girl? The other wouldn’t talk or move from her spot. The only time she left her bed was during meals but right after the meal, she would head straight back into her shared room and stare outside the window. But what intrigues Yoona the most is how can Yuri, this girl, remain silent all of the time. Not a word was heard from Yuri since she set foot on the orphanage.

Every girl their age would do nothing but gossip and talk with people all day but Yuri was different. This girl, Kwon Yuri, never did once open .
What’s with this kid…hmmm.. I wonder




*


Past is past. There’s nothing one could do to change the past. What was done, was done. No one could change it. Whatever happened during the past stays at the past. No matter how sad or heartbreaking one’s experiences were, they’re only left with two things to do; move on and continue life.


*




After a week of observing, Yoona finally knew why Yuri was acting like that. She called for her brother’s opinion about why Yuri was acting like that.

After analyzing possibilities she came up with the conclusion: something happened to Yuri that caused her to be like that. Whatever it is, it intrigues her and she wants to find out what that certain happening is, thus she’s trying to befriend Yuri.




*




It was just another day in the orphanage and Yoona was getting frustrated with the way Yuri acts towards her. She only has two weeks left to make Yuri her friend of at least talk to her.
She slumped on Hyoyeon’s bed (which is a meter away from where Yuri sat) and took out a book titled ‘City of Bones.’ She assumed that it was her mother’s way of bribing her. She opened the book but then closed it with a sigh after a few minutes.

“I like that.” A whisper came from the girl sitting cross her.

It was the very first time she heard the girl talk.

“Do you want to read?”

A small and shy nod.

“Here.” She handed the book to the tanned girl.

Upon receiving the book, Yuri smiled then proceeded to read the book.




*




Yoona lied on her bed thinking about what happened earlier that day. She can’t help but smile. Yuri has finally showed her a reaction.

Three words and a nod.

To others, it may be not that much of a big deal but for someone like Yuri, Yoona felt that slowly, Yuri’s opening up.

*knock knock*

“Yoona?” Her dad peeked.

“I’m awake dad, come in.” Mr. Im stepped in his daughter’s room and approached the young girl on the bed.

“Why are you still awake?”

“Thinking.”

“About?”

“Random things.”

“The girl you’re assigned to look after?”

A nod. There was no point about lying to her father since everything she does in the orphanage was reported to the man.

“What about her?”

“She intrigues me, yesterday she was totally ignoring me and then earlier this day she talked to me. Well she said a few words.” She frowned.

“I think it’s a good sign. Keep doing what you did awhile ago, well not exactly what you did earlier, and you’ll earn her trust soon enough.”

“Okay dad.” Yoona smiled.

“Sleep now.” Mr. Im kissed his daughter’s forehead and walked towards the door. “Oh by the way, your brother’s fixing the necessary papers you need when move in with him.”

“You’ll be there right?”

“Of course. Goodnight.”




*




“What did you do to our daughter?!” Mrs. Im shouted at her husband as soon as he stepped into their bedroom.

“What are you talking about?”

“Don’t act so innocent! I know that you’re going to take my daughter away from me!” Mrs. Im shouted.

“I’m not taking her away from you!”

“Then why is she gonna leave for Australia?!”

“She chose to live there!” Mr. Im practically shouted at his wife. “Oh wait, why do I even bother telling you all these since you won’t be listening!”

“I have the right to know since I’m her mot—“

“You lost the right to be her mother ever since you started to sleep with that guy!” Mr. Im cut her off. “Ask yourself, do you even deserve to be called their mother after having an affair with that b*****d? Do you deserve to be called their mother after all those months that you neglected them? Abandoned them? Have you ever thought about what your children would feel when they found out about what you’re doing when you’re out having ‘business trips’ especially Yoona? She’s still young. She needs a mother especially during this time of her life; and what did you do? You’re having the time of your life with that—“

Slap.

“Don’t you ever dare tell me that I didn’t do my job as their mother!”

“There, you said it. JOB. You see being a mother is a job. A job you could quit when you get tired and stressed. So let me ask you again, do you deserve being called their mother?”




*




“Hey.” Yuri turned to the other girl sitting across her, holding a plastic bag. “Want some?”

Yuri peeked at the bag, only to find chocolates. She took a piece and ate it.

“Thanks.” Yuri whispered.

Yoona smiled when she heard the older girl speak for the second time. “No problem.”




*




Yoona saw Yuri looking at her through the corner of her eyes. She was playing this game on her phone where you would guide a green character through the path with certain tiles to step on, avoid weird monsters and holes which seems like a torn paper that would you character in.

“Wanna play?” Yoona asked. Yuri contemplated if she should play the game or not. She wanted to play it but she’s too shy to borrow Yoona’s phone.

Seeing no reaction from the other girl, Yoona handed her phone to Yuri. “Here, play.”
Yuri looked at Yoona for permission. The younger girl smiled so she took the phone shyly.




*




“Kyaaaaaaaaaahh~” Yuri squealed as the green character was hit by a weird monster that took most of the upper part of the phone’s screen.

“Hahahahahaha. You failed level two.” Yoona teased the older girl beside her. After a day of playing the game together, they got comfortable with each other. Comfortable enough for Yuri to let Yoona sit beside her on her bed.

“Like you could do better in level two.” Yuri retorted. They called the part of the game where those weird monsters and holes appear level two though there was really no level two in the game. It was just a continuous game.

Yoona stuck her tongue out as her reply. “My turn.” She took her phone from Yuri’s hands.

After a few minutes of jumping on the right tiles, avoiding monsters and holes, Yoona met game over.

“Aaaww… you got by the black hole.” Yuri commented.

“Hehehehehehehe.”

“What so funny?”

“Look.” Yoona shoved the screen on Yuri’s face. “Beat that!”

Yuri’s eyes widened. “56, 412! You’re kidding me right?!”

“Hehehehehe.”

*knock knock*

“Dinner time.” Hyoyeon said through the door.

“aaawww…it’s time to go.” Yoona stood up. “Here.” She handed her phone to Yuri.

“huh?” Yuri looked at her puzzled.

“I’ll leave it here so you won’t be bored and besides you still have to beat my high score.”

“Oh okay.”

“Bye.” Yoona waved.

“Bye.” Yuri waved back.




*




“Come on. Let’s go outside.” Yoona said as she struggled to pull the older girl out of the room.

“NO!” Yuri tightened her grip on her bed.

“Come on. It’ll be fun. Trust me.”

Yuri froze as she heard the words ‘Trust me.’

Trust me.

Trust me.

“Yul? Yul? Are you there?” Yoona snapped her fingers in front of the other girl.

“What did you call me?”

“Yul. Why you don’t—“

“No, it’s fine. I like it.” Yuri smiled.

“Okay. Are you okay?”

“Yeah.” Yuri muttered.

Yoona noticed the tone of Yuri’s voice. Something tells her that the older was not fine.

“Don’t worry, I won’t let you get hurt outside. I’ll protect you no matter what.” Yoona took Yuri’s hands assuring the girl that her words were sincere. Yoona pulled the older girl outside.

It was cloudy that day but no signs of possible rainfall. While other kids were playing tag and hide-and-seek, two girls were under the shade of a tree, busy chatting, spending the rest of the day under the cool weather.

“Hey Yul, I’ll just go to the bathroom.” Yoona stood up.

“Okay. Be back soon.”

Yuri was sitting alone, under the shade of the tree. Minutes have passed and Yoona still hasn’t come back. She busied herself by watching other children play. Everything was fine until a group of boys ruined it when they approached her.

“Aww..Looks like the rich kid’s gone.” A boy said.

“You’re on your own now.” Another said.

Yuri looked down. Yoona-yah, where are you? Help me.

“Hey! Look at us when we talk to you!” The tallest boy shouted.

Yuri still kept her head down which made the boy really mad. He raised his hand ready to hit Yuri but his hand never met the girl. Yuri looked up to see Yoona glaring at the other boys as they help the tallest get up on his feet.

“Don’t you dare touch Yuri if you don’t want to end up in the hospital.”

The boys cowered in fear and ran away.

“Are you okay?”

“..” Yoona notice a single drop of tear.

“Yul?”

“…” Another drop.

“Did they do something to you? Yah! Answer me!!!” Yoona shook the older girl.

“No. Don’t. I’m fine.” She said as she wiped her tears. “I just thought you won’t come back.”

Yoona sighed. “What made you think I won’t come back? Mrs. Lee just talked with me about something. And besides I won’t leave you, well without a proper good-bye.”

“Can you promise to stay with me forever?” She held out her pinky.

Yoona found it funny that at their age she would still make a pinky promise.

“Okay. I promise that I, Im Yoona would stay with Kwon Yuri till the day she kicks me away.” Yoona hooked
their pinkies. “Come on. Get up. I think it’s going to rain.” Yoona held her hand out for Yuri to take with the latter girl took willingly.




*


New beginnings. When one is lost, another appears. When you lost a friend, you’ll gain another; when you lost a loved one, you’ll love another. Every tragic moment leads to something much better. Every downfall gives way to success. One might feel lost, weak, vulnerable or even suicidal but one must never give up. New beginnings. Life has a lot to offer, just grab the right one and live it up.


*




Yoona never thought that goodbyes would be this hard. Even if she hates her mother, she still can’t say goodbye. A part of her, a small part of her, hopes that her mom would change her mind and reconcile with her father but life is too cruel for that to happen.

She came to the airport with her parents only to send them off. She knew this would happen. She expected this, but how come it’s hard to let them go knowing that only one would come back for her. She held her mother tight, cherishing the last time she would hug the woman who took care of her and love her.

“I’m sorry Mom.” She whispered.

“I’m sorry too dear.” Her mother whispered back.

“All passengers of Flight 920 please proceed to Gate 15.”

“That’s us.” Mrs. Im broke the hug.

“See you in Australia in a week, Yoona.” Mr. Im waved goodbye to her daughter and his trusted butler. “Mr. Song please take care of her.” Mr. Song bowed in acknowledgement and respect.
Yoona watched as her parents walk away from her and disappear on her sight.

“Ms. Yoona, let’s go. We have to go.”

Yoona turned around and walked towards the car park.

“Butler Song, bring me to the orphanage.”

“But Miss Yoona..”

“Please. I promise it won’t take long.”




*




“Yuri!” Yuri turned to see her roommate panting.

“What is it unnie?”

“A woman.”

“Huh?”

“A woman wants to see you.”

"A-a woman?"

"Yes! Go to Mrs. Lee's office now!"

"Okay. Thanks." Yuri walked to the first floor where Mrs. Lee's office is located.

*knock knock*

She entered the office quietly. “Mrs. Lee?”

“Yuri?” A foreign but very familiar voice called her.

“Auntie?” Yuri can’t believe her eyes. She was now standing in Mrs. Lee’s office, facing her ‘long lost’
relative’.

“Yuri!” Her Aunt ran up to her and embraced her. “Where have you been? We’ve been looking all over Seoul for you.” Her aunt said, sobbing.

Yuri didn’t respond but hug her favorite Aunt tight. “I missed you Auntie.”“I miss you too Yuri-yah.” Yuri’s aunt pulled away from the hug and turned to the head of the orphanage.

“Mrs. Lee, thank you for taking care of Yuri.” She bowed.

“No need to bow Mrs. Kwon.”

“But seriously, thank you.”




*




“Miss Yoona, we’re here.” Butler Song called out.

“Thanks Mr. Song. You could just wait here.” Yoona went out of the car and jogged to the orphanage.

“Oh, Miss Im.” Mrs. Lee said but she was ignored by the running girl.

Yoona reached the door to Yuri and Hyoyeon’s room in less than a minute. She stopped to take a deep breath then twisted the doorknob carefully and quietly since a lot of children are already asleep at that time.

“Yuri? What are you doing?” Yoona asked as soon as she saw Yuri packing.

“Packing.”

“I can see that. Well why?”

Yuri took a deep breath. “I’m leaving this place.”

“When?”

“First thing in the morning.”

“And you won’t say goodbye?”

“I will. Tomorrow. But since you’re here, might as well say it now.”

“I guess we’re really parting ways now.”

“Huh?” Yuri looked at her confused.

Yoona bit her lip. “I’m leaving Korea. For good.”

“What?! Why?” Yuri was surprised.

“I have no family here.” Yoona tried her best to hold back her tears. “My parents are getting divorced.”

Yuri pitied Yoona. She didn’t do anything to deserve what was happening to her. Yuri opened her arms for a hug which the Yoona immediately accepted. She let her tears fall. Yuri, on the other hand, just let her best friend cry her heart out, patting the girl’s back. Nothing hurts more than a broken family.

“I guess we’re like on the same boat now.” Yuri said, trying to make the atmosphere a bit lighter.

Yoona looked at Yuri, confusion written all over her face.

“You’re wondering why did I end up here right?” Yoona nodded.

“Well a year ago, in Japan, just like you, my parents were divorced. I always thought things were absolutely fine since they sent me to a school which required students to stay in. One night, around 7 in the evening, I was walking to my dormitory when these guys blocked my way. The attacked me, blindfolded me then stuffed a towel in my mouth to prevent me from shouting and dragged me a vehicle. I don’t know what happened next, I probably passed out. Then next thing I knew, I was in a dark room, my hands and feet were tied to a chair. A big guy entered the room, he pulled my hair to look at him. He told me that I’m useless because my parents won’t be giving ransom money to them. He untied me from the chair and dragged me outside. There, outside the room I saw my roommate, my best friend sitting by the couch. I called to her; asking her to help me. She seems to not care because she just laughed at me. ‘You’re very gullible. I can’t believe you fall for the lies I told you. You really thought we’re best friends right? I pity you. You have no one. Nobody wants you. Even you’re parents don’t want you.’ Those were her exact words. I tried to tackle her but even before I reach her, something hit me on the back of my head. I woke up on the streets, then a news talking about my parents’ divorce on television in an appliance store caught my attention. That was the time I realized that I’m in Korea. Then I spent months on the streets until Mrs. Lee’s workers found me. And that’s how I ended up here.”

Tears were flowing down profusely.

“Thank you.” Yoona said as she wiped Yuri’s tears.

“For what?”

“For letting me be a part of your life.”

“Well I have no choice, you’re like forcing yourself on me.” Yuri joked.

“Hey!” Yoona slapped her arm.

“I’m just kidding.” Yuri hugged her again. “I’m gonna miss you.”

“Me too.”

“Could you two keep it down. I’m trying to sleep here.” Hyoyeon said, her back facing the duo.

Yoona and Yuri just laughed at Hyoyeon.

*knock knock*

“Miss Im, it’s getting late.” Mr. Song interrupted.

“Okay I’ll be there.” Yoona searched her pockets for something she could give to Yuri.

She found an old coin. Hmmm.. better than nothing.

“Here have this.” She placed the coin on Yuri’s palm.

“What’s this?”

“Something you’ll remember me off.” Yoona turned her heels and walked towards the door.

“Yoona..”

“Yeah?”

“Don’t forget about me.”

“Don’t worry, I won’t! Bye.” Yoona went to Yuri for the final hug.

“Bye.” Yuri said weakly as she watched the younger girl disappear from the door.

Yet another person has walked away from Yuri’s life. But unlike the others that she chose to forget, this particular girl will be forever in her heart and mind. She’ll cherish the few memories they have shared, from the day she came and inflicted injuries to Yoona till this day that they part ways. Ironically, she’s happy. Happy that someone, though in a short period of time, has made her life meaningful and fun. Happy that someone made a difference in her life. Someone that slowly became the person she’ll never forget till she dies.

She looked at the coin in her hands and smiled.

“Goodbye Yoona. Thank you for everything. Best Friends forever.”




END

 

 

 

 

Sorry if this is a crappy story...

sorry for plot holes..

thank you for reading