final; car-park

Car-park

3rd POV

 

His palms sweating bullets.

His heart galloping like a horse on its final spurt around the race track.

His mind filling with; her sweet voice, her charming smile, but more importantly her warm and oh-so consuming embrace, he undoubtedly loves the way her arms would circle his neck or snake around his waist.

 

He misses her very much.

 

It was a minute away from midnight. He made sure to go home to greet his family as soon as he was in the car; driving straight from the military base camp, and only then did he go to his company, greeting his beloved seniors, co-workers and CEO. A part of him believed that he was saving her visit as ‘saving the best for last’, but another part of him thought that ‘really, he’s simply afraid to see her’, to be specific he’s terrified at the thought that she really had moved on, which wouldn’t be far-fetched or wrong of her to do so and even if it did come down to it he knows, he’s absolutely positive that if that was the case he would bravely put on a smile, hand her the bouquet and tell her “I’m happy for you and I hope he makes you happy”. He prayed he didn’t have to do it, though.

 

Pulling up in her apartment’s parking-lot brought about some interesting memories, ones that he wasn’t quite sure whether he felt bitter or sweet about it.

He remembers their first date, it was his first time coming to pick her up from her apartment, he was disorientated to say the least. They, of course, did not want the general public to know, they simply were just enjoying each other’s company without the watchful eyes or watery words of the mouth of others, they weren’t Emperor Lee Seung Gi or Nation’s Girl Group SNSD’s Yoona, but rather they were two simple individuals who saw and found qualities in one another that they liked. He remembers how he pleasantly surprised her with a kiss as he drops her off from their date; she had told him ‘goodnight’ and wished him ‘sweet dreams’ with a faint blush upon her pretty face and just as she turned to open the door to leave, he stops her only to then lean over and well kiss her. He really likes her blushing, he found her even more charming then she already was when she does, which in turn proves  to be motivation because he oftenly enough  does take  her by surprise with sudden romantic gestures. He wonders if it was because he’s a romantic at heart or maybe just maybe he’s fallen in-love with her without him fully comprehending his feelings for her. It was silly really because every fibre in him screamed for the latter.

 

He got the flower store owner to help him out, thanks to his celebrity status, by getting her to send a text to yoona at exactly midnight to come down from her apartment to pick up a flower package as due to security problems they couldn’t deliver it to her door-step. Said it was from SM but due to some mishaps her delivery was delayed hence why they are only just getting it to her. He thought he was quite brilliant for coming up with that excuse, but then again the success of this brilliant work of his would all come down to her when he sees her. He could either look really sweet or super stupid; the latter was consuming his mind as the seconds passes.

 

He unblinkingly stares at the glass door, standing next to a pillar almost directly opposite the entrance with a bouquet of blue iris in one hand. From the corner of his eyes he sees a passing shadow and he swears his heart almost stopped beating right there and then.

 

It’s her.

 

It’s really her. Her face turned the opposite direction of him but he knows it’s her and it was as if his body had a mind of its own because he automatically walks closer to her. His left hand clenching the bouquet ever-so tightly with each step he took and his breath getting just as shallow.

 

“Miss Yoona-ssi…” he says.

 

It wasn’t as if he yelled out to her and he definitely didn’t whisper her name either, however because there was no one around and the place was quite exclusive, his voice echoed through the empty car-park.

 

He sees her stiffening almost immediately and his heart fell just a bit. Maybe he’s a bit optimistic because he still held hope.

 

After seconds later, though it felt like hours, she turns to him.

 

In that moment, that very instant of what he can only describe as the embodiment of what those romantic movies and best-selling novels were made of. It was as if all his worries just melted away as soon as their eyes met, or like when you suddenly remember something that you couldn’t pin-point for so long but now it’s right there in front of your very eyes. It was that overwhelming surge of what seems to be every emotion which makes it extremely hard to decipher which one you really are feeling, then the rush slows down and you are left with only one clear feeling; happy. Just simply happy.

 

He straightens his stance and solutes her.

 

Water gathers in her doe-like eyes and she bolted towards him and thanks to his quick reflexes due to combat training he catches her in his embrace. She cries softly into his chest, arms wrapped securely around him with her small hands clenching the back of his uniform for dear-life. He smiles, because he is also holding onto her as if his life depends on it.

“I miss you so much”

“Don’t cry, love”

“I’m here, I promise”

These were some of the things he said as he calms her down with kisses on the crown of her head.

 

She is finally reduced to a whimper before lifting her buried face from his chest and looks up at him. He swears he has never seen anyone more beautiful than her; with flush cheeks, puffy red eyes and barely any make-up on.

 

“I didn’t think I’d see you today.” She whispers.

Eyes never straying from one another.

 

“Well technically you are right, it is ‘tomorrow’ right now.” He says playfully causing her to fight back a spilling smile.

 

“I’m sorry I made you wait. I prolonged this because I was terrified at the thought that maybe you’ve moved-on.” He bares his heart to her. Now finding her nose absolutely captivating.

 

“Stupid boy…” she mumbles; taking his face between her hands and bringing down his forehead into contact with hers. Their eyes closed.

 

“I haven’t moved-on.”

 

“I didn’t move on, because there wasn’t anything to move on from.” She says, with finger tips lingering on his jawlines, their lips inches away from meeting.

 

“Our relationship was just simply parked for the night.” She smirks.

 

“Thank god...” with that their lips greeted one another for the first time after two long years.