❤ "I love you more and that's final." ❤

The Competition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A relationship is really beautiful when both sides are trying.

And the only competition to have in the relationship is simply who can love the other person more. Fiercely. Sincerely. All or nothing kind of love.

"Jin, help me cut this. I can't do it."

Jin strides into the kitchen as requested by his sugar boyfriend.

"Cut what?"

"This rock."

Jin peeks. "A potato, Joon." He says as he snakes his arms around Namjoon, one hand grabs the knife while another places over Namjoon's hand that is holding the potato. Namjoon suppresses a smile as his boyfriend is helping him cook. Jin seems to sense the laughter, he looks at his boyfriend and lets go.

"You ing ert were pretending!"

Namjoon bursts into a wild laughter. "How am I the ert when you were groping me?"

"Groping?" Jin's lips form into an O shape. "I was trying to guide you."

"Ha ha, yeah, sure."

"Kim Namjoon! >.<"

"What a ert." Namjoon teases one last time before he hurries to see his boiling soup. "ert,"

Jin blushes helplessly as he picks up the potato peel and throws it at his boyfriend. Namjoon dodges effortlessly and starts giggling to himself.

-

"Joon, let's go to this charity concert."

"I can't, I'm busy."

"Busy doing what?"

"Nothing." Namjoon rolls to the other side of the bed. "I love doing nothing. I can do it all day."

"But this is a charity concert," Jin tugs the blanket. "Charity concert. I wanna go. Go with me~"

"What is it for this year?"

"The charity concert? Orphans."

"For or against?"

"For, Namjoon. Wholeheartedly for orphans!"

"Alright." Namjoon playfully kicks Jin's leg off the bed. "Alright. Gimme 15 minutes to shower."

"5 minutes. If you take longer, I'm finding a new boyfriend."

Namjoon dashes to the bathroom once Jin finishes.

The concert is full of people attending. Namjoon doesn't fancy crowded places that much, but he bites down his tongue so he won't ruin Jin's mood. Jin waddles through the crowd with a grin. They are holding hands to make sure they stay together and won't get separated, but occasionally Jin is still turning around to make sure he's holding the right person's hand. There were a few instants, one specifically which Jin had held onto the wrong hand and ended up with Namjoon walking along without a word because he wanted to see just how long it'd take his boyfriend to notice he'd been dragging along a middle-aged man. The answer was an hour and 12 minutes and a whole other 5 minutes of apologizing to the man.

-

Namjoon has a photoshoot with a few other models—some have been in the industry longer than Namjoon while the others are equally new. Namjoon is ecstatic when Jin is finally able to come with him to the shoot. He’s always wanted to bring his boyfriend along just so he could see how Namjoon works and also enjoy the high of having people treating you like a royalty. For about an hour or so.

"Wow, uh," Jin hums as he looks Namjoon up and down. "You should consider not taking such offer anymore. You know, for the sake of world peace and total annihilation prevention."

"Just say I'm hot and go." Namjoon can't help but smile as he spots the slight pink on his boyfriend's cheeks.

"That, too." Jin nods. "Very hot, in fact."

Jin retreats to a corner after that and has been inseparable from the snack table since, and without a doubt, he’s guarding it like a watchdog. Few of the more experienced models approach and take their snack without much care, some even stop to say hi. Whereas the new ones—like the fresh out of graduate school ones—are too pissy to even get near there.

Namjoon’s fellow models notice him not dropping everything and running to his boyfriend so they question their relationship. This isn't the first time, nor will it be the last.

"We're not fighting." Namjoon says again. "I'm not having second thoughts."

"Then, why won't you call him over? Or go to him."

"Does it have to be like that?"

"Dude, that's your boyfriend walking with another person. You gotta assert your ownership or else someone might take them away. I have my girlfriend properly trained so she won't just talk with any guys."

"Uhhh.. What?" Properly trained.Namjoon rolls his eyes. "More like being overly controlled. In a real relationship with two mature people, there's trust. You can talk to whoever you please. You just don't take things any farther than plain old friends. People who think otherwise are incredibly insecure. We can love and also give the person we love some space at the same time."

"Space? What the hell you're talking about?"

Namjoon doesn't bother explaining himself anymore. Seeing how these people’s relationships never last more than a month, it should say it all. Him and Jin have been together for almost 2 years and still counting.

-

A day before Valentine's Day, Jin has History final. He huffs sadly as he waits for the professor to arrive. Namjoon has been sneakingly making weird gestures outside the window and Jin assumes his boyfriend is trying cheerleading.

Namjoon doesn't take History, so he has the pleasure to sit and laugh about early Final outside the classroom. Jin pulls out his phone and presses number 1.

Namjoon's phone rings and he stops his cheerleading to answer.

"Hi? I can see you. Can you see me? I'm outside the window to your left."

"Yes, baby, I am looking right at you. I can see you quite well. In fact, everybody can see you." Jin side-glances the person sitting next to him. "This girl is wondering if you are having a seizure."

Namjoon laughs. "I'm still a rookie."

"Go hang with your friends or something. You can stop dancing now, I get the message."

"Awww," Namjoon coos. "I'm glad my message is delivered loud and clear."

"Loud and clear." Jin nods.

"Then I'm going to the canteen. You'll call me once you finish?"

"Who else do I have beside you?"

"Kyaahh that is so cheesy!~"

"Okay bye,"

"Bye, love."

-

Jin unwraps the plastic wrapper and his heart swells at the sight of chocolates in various shapes and sizes.

"Whoa… chocolates~" Namjoon peeks over Jin's shoulder. "Can I try one?"

Jin hands him the box. Namjoon takes one and tosses it in his mouth. He makes a happy sound as he chews.

"What's that box on your lap?"Jin asks.

"Aw, this? Chocolates."

"Can I try one?"

Namjoon hands his boyfriend the box. Jin opens it and finds white chocolates all in the heart shape. He bites one and the sweetness explodes in his mouth.

"Hmmm! Good chocolate~"

"I know right." Namjoon agrees. He flips Jin's chocolate box over and reads the text on the lid.

 

Happy Valentine's Day <3

With love and kisses and hugs and probably more love,

Kim Namjoon

 

Jin closes Namjoon's chocolate box and smiles at the text he has written on the lid.

 

Happy Valentine's day to my only valentine <3

Sincerely yours,

Kim Seokjin

 

Both Jin and Namjoon turn to each other at the same time, and for a while, they just stare into one another's eyes. After a moment, they start smiling. And then kissing. And Namjoon sighs happily into the kiss as Jin's hand plays with his hair. Jin smiles against Namjoon's lips after he pulls away.

"Thanks for the chocolates, Kim Namjoon."

"Thanks for calling me your only valentine, Kim Seokjin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter