Forever

Chanyeol's Angel

 

 

Forever

 


 

 

"Chanyeol! Watch out!" A girl scream and a honk was so loud at that time along with a screech of tyre. 

 

 


Chanyeol's POV

 

Just gazing at midnight blue canvass above stole every thought from my mind, the usual carousel of worries simply forgotten. There was the heavenly stars above and a crescent moon to smile down, what else was there to know about. The moonlight fill my bedroom and the moonbeams washed everything in their silver glow. It is soothing and healing. How I wish the time could stop for me to enjoy this moment.

 

"The night sky is so mesmerizing. I really want to capture this moment." I talk to myself while staring at the beauty of the night sky.

 

I stand up straight and do a long stretch, my body ached but I feel fully restored. Walking to the table beside my bed, I pull out one of the drawer and reveal my Nikon D800 camera. I take the camera with care and briefly sit on the bed while wipe the lens with the piece of clothes provided.

This is the thing that I treasure the most. It capture all of my happy moment that I lived forgetting. Just look at those pictures could bring happiness and somehow serene in my heart. How I wish to be this happy just like how I smile in that picture.

One day, perhaps.

Dragging back my feet to the window frame, I hold the camera near my eyes and try to find a better image to capture. With one click, I already capture those picturesque view. I smile to myself while holding the camera. The picture is perfect. I take a several photo since I got carried away with my passion. 

 

"I think I should stop right now." Once again, talking to myself become such a habit when I'm alone. I hold the camera in my grip while my eyes still on the starry sky. There was a chill in the air when I saw something fly across the dark sky. What was that. The moment I saw something fly, a white light flash on my eyes and my head feel dizzy from the sudden light.

 

I shook off whatever feeling I have right now. Maybe I should go into my bedroom and asleep. Tomorrow is another hard day for me. Just thinking about it make me grow tired. The night also become more darker and soundless. Its the perfect time to doze off and go to our own dreamland.

Far away from reality.

 

Image result for white quotes pinterest

 

As I'm about to close my eyes, the sound from kitchen I guess wake me up. I frown while look around me. Did I forget to lock the back door. I rouse from the bed and my feet touch the soft carpet that lay perfectly on the floor. Since I'm leaving alone, I should find out the sudden sound at the kitchen. I can't let it go. What if there's a robber or a killer. I'm gonna be a dead meat by now.

Slowly, I take a step to the kitchen. As I'm about to leave my room, I take a steel bat that I used to play when I'm in baseball team a year ago. Just in case something happen down there. 

 

"Okay, let see." I make my way to the kitchen carefully. Step by step. I decide not to switch on the light. It might attract whatever it is that make a sound just now.

 

I look around before enter the kitchen zone. There's nothing suspicious here. Perhaps, I was imagining things. I walk to the back door and make sure that it was locked. After ensure the safety of my house, I drag my feet to the bedroom. As I'm about to pass the kitchen window, something white could be seen at my backyard. 

I take a few step back and stand right in front of the window. What was that. I put my hand on the window, puzzled with a view in front of me.

There's a girl with whites lay on the backyard. I never see her before. Her face is unfamiliar to me. I rub my eyes for several times when I look at her. I'm not imagining thing right? Is it really a human.

 

"Who are you?" I whisper to myself as I put aside my bat, let it lean on the dining table. I don't sense any danger around her. 

 

I open the back door and become a little panic. Is she hurt herself. I try to calm down by breathing slowly. Maybe I should check on her first. If she really in need, I will call an ambulance. I want to go near her but my feet won't allow me to do so. What am I worried about. She looks harmless yet I can't reach her.

My mind and body won't corporate this time.

I gulp my saliva as I close my eyes for a minute while reminding myself that she might needs my help. The moment I open back my eyes, I almost scream in shock. 

There she is. Sitting on my backyard while look at me warily. She shower by a shower of starlight. I've never seen such an entrancing expression.

Her hair was midnight black and it flowed over her shoulder. She had saccharine sweet lips. They were blossom soft. Her skin is glossy and her eyelash is velvety She had a dainty nose. It was a pleasure to see her flowing, moon shadow black hair. Her enticing, constellation blue eyes gazed at me.

She does looks scared.

I shook everything that was on my mind just now. How can a person look so perfect.

 

"Who are you?" I try to approach her but stop when she looks flustered.

"Don't be afraid. I'm not going to hurt you. Are you lost?" I raise both of my hand up. Try to make her feel safe.

 

Noticing my sudden action, she quickly stand up, ready to flee away. She looks at me. Her sparkling eyes is irresistibly charming, glowing bright under the star yet fierce hidden in it. It as if she gives me a warning not to go near her.

I don't know what to do in this trapped situation.

Slowly, she takes a few steps towards the exit way of my backyard. The moment her feet touch the exit way, I try to chase after her but she disappear right in front of me. The last look she gave me was cold. Her cold eyes that stare right into my eyes.

 

"Does she just disappear?" I ask myself. Not knowing the right answer of this question.

 

Who are you, girl? Those eyes. You try to scared me but why I saw a different meaning behind those eyes. The look in her eyes was so lonesome. The way she stares at me has a lot of meaning and I can't even figure it out. There is just something that keep bothering me when our eyes met. Am I dreaming right now? If yes, I would be glad. But if no, what just happen just now. That girl...

 

"Are you even exist?" I step outside as my shoes land on the damp grass and look around to search for any hints of that girl. For a minute, I try to remember her face and mesmerize by her beauty. I look at the dark sky and my eyes widen when there is shooting star fly across the wide sky and left it trace behind. Its weird that my heart is at ease when I saw those shooting star. 

From now on, I'm calling you my angel.

Chanyeol's angel.

 

End of  Chanyeol's POV

 

 

 

"Yah, Byeol-ah! What are you trying to do? Didn't I told you last time to not wandering around alone?" The guy with a red hair stands in front of me as he let out a long sigh of dissappointment. It make me feel super guilty.

"I'm sorry. I just want to take some fresh air but..." But those backyard are pulling my heart to him like a gravity. I can't escape even if I want to. My heart just don't want to listen to me anymore. I hang my head low as I don't know how should I explain to him.

"But what this time? You'd been attacked by a dragon or your wings broken. Which lies is it are you trying to imply on your fault this time? Are you happy when a human finds out about us? How can you make an eyes contact with him." He seems a bit frustrated when I cut off my own words and the troubles I created just now. 

 

Lie. I do lies. No. I keep lying. Everything that comes out from my mouth is a lie. A beautiful lie. Whenever I sneak out from our palace or involved in troubles and get caught, I will told a lie. Never once do I tell the truth. I lied to everyone and at first, when they still didn't figure it out, I just like how their reaction. I like when they smiles at my lies. I love when they feel calm at my lies. I hope everything that I've been going through all this time is just a lie. However, this time, I do tell the truth. Its true that I feel some kind of gravity pulling me down when I passed that blue house.

 

"Nothing. I guess I saw a wizard down there that's why I kind of stuck at the human backyard." A light chuckle escape from my mouth as I try to liven up the tension mood around us. "I need to go now. Bye." I quickly leave the room and shut the door behind me, leaving him alone. 

 

Baekhyun just shook his head at Byeol's behavior. He knows that the girl always cause a troubles yet he didn't want her to end up like him. He knows exactly why the girl went to Chanyeol's backyard. He can feel it since he'd been through the same process as Byeol before he died. He even visited the girl's he loved when he wasn't a part of that dimension anymore. Its hurt him when the girl learned about his death. He doesn't want Byeol to feel the same way as he was. She still young and don't understand a lot of things that happen to her right now.

 

"I hope you won't fall far down and hurt yourself." Baekhyun leaves the room with a mixed feeling.

 

 

After make sure that I run far enough from Baekhyun, I restlessly lean behind the wall. My mind is full with him. The human guy. I never meet him before but why do my heart beat faster when I saw his eyes. I feel like an old recorded trying to play in my mind but failed whenever he stares at me. What is it? What are my mind trying to tell me? He is a stranger but something deep in my heart tell me that he is familiar for me. Who is he? Why can't I remember anything about him. There is something between us or is it just a silly coincidence?

 

"Who is he?" I mess up my hair as I slid down and fall onto the cold ground. I can't tell anyone about him. I need to figure it out by myself.

 

Or perhaps, it will be the best if I do not find out about him. I need to stay out from the trouble for a while so that I could gain back Baekhyun's trust.

 

 


 

 

"Doctor, there was a slight of heart beat but it was almost fainted." A nurse inform the doctor as she set her eyes at a lying girl in the bed.

 

 


 

 

After coming home late from library, Chanyeol went straight to his room and watch the night starry sky. Its kind of his routine to enjoy the night scenery after going through a long day at the college. Somehow, its feel like a reward for himself. He does feel like run away from the reality when he feels his soul fly freely across the wide dark sky. Tonight, the sky had been swept clean of clouds and the stars were blazing in the moonless night. Sighing to himself, he puts his hand on the window frame and humming to a random song to keep him company. Its been a week the last time he saw the girl.

 

"Maybe I just imagining things that day. First, I keep seeing the white light in my mind. Second, I saw a girl in whites." He caress both of his temple while close his eyes. The picture of the girl comes into his mind the moment he close his eyes.

 

He shook his head, tries to forget about the girl. Chanyeol, himself doesn't even sure whether the girl is real or not. He takes a deep breathe before leaving the window side and make his way to the bed. His head is spinning and his body is exhausted from today event. Perhaps, all that he needs right now is a long sleep. Indeed sleeping is the best answer ever. As soon as he puts his head on the pillow, he hears a faint murmur of voices downstairs. He frowns as he sit straight to hear the noise more clearly. Placing back his leg on the soft carpet, he stands up and make his way to the door room. 

This feel like deja vu. He already been in this situation a week ago and that was the day he met the girl at his backyard. Maybe, just maybe, the girl comes back. With the thought of the girl, he rush downstairs and make his way to the kitchen.

As expected, there she is, looking confused. 

 

"Have you lost your way again?" Chanyeol smiles when he saw a familiar girl at the backyard of his house. 

 

The girl panic as she looks around her. This time, she makes the same mistakes again.

 

Flashback

I make a promise with Baekhyun not to go to the human's house anymore since Baekhyun keep doubting me. After make a pinky promises with him, I decide to walk around and spend my time at the earth or to be exact at human world. At first, Baekhyun won't let me leave but I keep pleading to him, saying that I'm not going even an inch to the human's house or that was what I believe I won't.

 

"Okay, if you do as you promised." Baekhyun finally let me go as he sighs for several times. He really thinks that I'm going to break my promise after gives me a permission to do so.

"I will. I won't let you down." I grin ear to ear as I finally got my free times. All this times, I'd been punished and been told not to leave the palace. It was very tedious to stay here and doing anything.

"Okay, you may go now. Remember, do not create any troubles or this is your last time to go to earth." As soon as Baekhyun said you may go now, I run away leaving him behind. I don't even listen to the rest of the words. I need to go as soon as possible before he changes back his mind and not letting me go.

 

 

 

"I don't want you to be hurt." Baekhyun said when he saw Byeol run away from him. He knows everything about her and those guy. I'm sorry, Byeol.

"Is it a good things if she meet the guy? Perhaps, she could...." Baekhyun gasps as something hit his mind. Perhaps, something that hold her into this world. She need to break those ties.

 

 

 

A single golden leaf pirouetted down as invisible spiral of breeze, spinning through the air as it let itself be carried down. It shook slightly, as if it could have been whisked away any second by the grip of an icy wind, but it kept floating dwn the twirling course. It blew past my face and landed lightly on the ground, the shiny, vibrant color standing out against the ambers and bronzes beneath it. It was so delicate, I want to reach down and pick it up and hold it close to my heart, smoothing out any creases, but something told me that it belong there.

 

"I leave you here." I said my last goodbyes to the single golden leaf and make my way to the alley that used to be a park a long ago. Its weird because my leg keep bring me here without I realized. It as if my body remember this alley but not my mind. I don't feel familiar with this path and suddenly my heartache.

 

I shrug as I continue my pace and leave the place. "Whatever. Its not important though." I take a left side as soon as I meet the junction and humming a random song that come into my mind. The moment I take a left side, I feel an energy that me into it. I close my eyes and scream but my voices can't be heard. I can't control my body yet I try to move my leg and hand. Nothing happen. 

 

After a few minutes of struggle, I finally could open my eyes and I feel a grassy things on my hand and my leg. "Where am I?" I look around, still sit on the grass since I can't stand properly after what just happen at me. When everything becomes clear, I almost scream when a familiar backyard come into my sight. 

End of flashback

 

 

I look at the familiar guy who just stand there staring at me. Why do its hurt so much when I saw his eyes. My heart hurt.

 

"Who are you?" I ask. Why do I feel this way.

"I'm Chanyeol." Chanyeol? I've heard his name before but where. Suddenly a tear flow on my cheek. I'm surprise at myself as I slowly raise my hand up and wipes the tears that fall down on my cheek. A tears? My head feel dizzy as I hold both of my temple. It hurt. I let out a shriek while hang my head low.

"Are you okay?" Chanyeol seems panic as he tries to approach me but I stop him to do so. The closer he gets the stronger the pain I get. No matter how much he talked, I can't hear him. I shook my head vigorously as everything seems to crumble in my mind. Perhaps, my memories.

 

I remember. I finally remember. Chanyeol. I used to following him around whenever our class comes to end at the college. I like him, so much that I keep following him. 

Like the wind, like the dust, I can't catch him. I remember the day I want to confess to him was the day he almost being hit by a car and without thinking much, I jump in to save him. Because of that, I've been hit by the car. Even when I fall and hurt myself, I will keep running towards him. Chanyeol didn't has any idea who am I. So, am I dead right now?

 

 

Chanyeol POV

It was painful to see her like this. All I could do was embrace her and let the torrent of her tears to soak through my shirt. I could feel she clench her fists, not knowing whether to be sad or to give up hope all together. I could hear her silently screaming, suffocating with each breath she took holding onto her pride. I run my fingers through her hair, time and time again, in an attempt to calm the silent war within her mind.

She looks at me, her eyes widen as she hold my arm. Why? What's wrong?

 

"I'm alive? I'm still alive, right?" Every words that comes out from her lips is full with question mark. I nod. Yes, she is alive right. Why does her question sounds so weird.

"Then, how can I meet with Baekhyun?" She talks as if she is asking herself and if I'm not misheard just now, I heard Baekhyun's name. Baekhyun?

"You know Baekhyun? He is my friend but he died a year ago in a crash plane . How did you know him?" Things become more complicated then it is.

"Died? But..then...where am I?" I can't answer to those question. Its so hard to the point that my lips seal together.

 

The question seems to be nearly answer as like a dust, she almost disappear in front of Chanyeol. Then the moment of her disappearance, Byeol tells her last lies. 

I never loved you. I don't want you. I want you to leave me, forever. The lies that set her free.

She is so terrified of what's going to happen at her next and Chanyeol is so confused at her disappearance and the mention of his best friend, Byun Baekhyun. And with that, she vanish from Chanyeol's sight, leaving him all alone.

 

"Please wake up, Park Chanyeol. This is just a nightmare." And everything turn dark.

End of Chanyeol POV

Image result for white quotes pinterest

Its been a month after I get discharge from the hospital and wake up from my long, deep sleep. I've been in coma for a long times after been hit by a car. I remember now. The alley that I used to go where I've involve in car accident. I remember the moment I laid down on the road with a pool of blood, I saw a golden leaf fall in my hand. I remember hearing Chanyeol's voice before he black out from the trauma.

I remember everything now. Perhaps, I'm on the stage where I'm dying but still alive. A little hope that fight to survives. I guess I've been giving a second chance to live my life earnestly. A tears roll down when I remember about Baekhyun. All this time, he help me a lot and wherever you are Baekhyun, I hope you broke the ties that make you stuck in that world.

 

"Are you okay? Why are you crying?" Chanyeol approach me as he holds a mineral water. Because I used to be your angel and you seems to forget all about it.The second chance that been giving for me, I will use it and living my life more properly. Chanyeol also recover from his trauma and a slight of depression. He suffered an amnesia and lost his memory because of the incident. But now, he makes a quick recover by receive a treatment from the hospital.

"Just you know, recall about something but I'm okay now. Let's go or we'll be late to class." We run to class while laughing since Chanyeol keeps making some jokes. I guess its better for Chanyeol as he is right now.

"You know what, I dream of an angel that day. Its seems real the way I touch her and she looks a lot like you" Chanyeol said as he looks at me. It was me.

"Really? Then I must be lucky to be your angel." I smile as the memories hit me and Chanyeol nods. We laugh again and make our way to the college.

 

 

A golden leaf fall down from the tree and fly into a rhythm of the wind.