Revenge!

You can call me monster

"Jihyo! No!!!!" Kai shot straight up in bed, his muscular body soaked in cold sweat. It had been a nightmare- again. Kai gazed upon the photo of his late wife, Park Jihyo, and ran his fingers across the smooth glass of the photo frame. Unable to control his emotions, Kai hugged the photo frame to his chest and wept. It's been 10 years since Jihyo's death at the hands of Al Qaeda terrorists and the memory had been haunting Kai every since. Putting the photo frame down, Kai got up and walked to the bathroom. (Inside Kai's bathroom). Kai rested his head and arms against the wall as warm water showered down upon his broad shoulders and scar- ridden body- reminders of his 10 years of frontline service in the US Marines and later, Navy SEAL. As more water rained down upon Kai, the memories from 10 years ago flooded his mind like a tsunami... 

(September 11, 2001, New York City).

Kai is just your typical middle class American staying in a bustling neighbourhood in New York City. An engineer by profession, Kai had married his High School sweetheart, Park Jihyo, 5 months ago and moved into an apartment here. The happy couple are expecting a baby girl as Jihyo was 4 months pregnant. Staying next door is Jihyo's cousin, Im Nayeon, Nayeon's husband Jackson Wang, and their daughter Wang Ha Eun. The 2 families are very closely knit indeed. 

"Uncle Kai, hurry up!" Whined 5 year old Ha Eun. Kai smiled and pinched the little girl's cheek- he is very fond of his little niece. "Don't rush your Uncle, Ha Eun ah!" Scolded her mom, Nayeon as she walked into the living room with the girl's aunt, Jihyo, who was wearing a Starbucks uniform. As it was his day off today, Kai volunteered to drive his wife to work at the World Trade Centre and also drop his niece and cousin in law off at the pre-school. 

(World Trade Centre, 8.35 am)

"Are you sure you don't wanna quit your job as a barrista and let me take care of you and our future baby?" Asked Kai as he lovingly stoked his wife's belly. Jihyo smiled, " Don't worry baby! I enjoy my job very much and the manager is very understanding, giving me plenty of breaks. Baby Jiwon and I will be fine!" "If you say so!" Relented Kai. His cheerful wife gave him a quick peck on the cheek and walked briskly towards the ground level cafe, turning round to wave 1 last time before entering it. Putting the car in gear, Kai pulled out of the parking lot and drove towards the main road.

"Mom, why is that plane flying so closely to Aunt Jihyo's building?" Asked a curious Ha Eun as she peeked out of the car's rear window. "Really? Let me see... Oh my God! That plane is gonna crash into..." Nayeon screamed but before she could complete her sentence, there was a deafening "boom!".  Fearing for the worst, Kai pulled the hand brake and jumped out of the car, praying. "My goodness! Jihyo ah!" He screamed, sprinting towards the burning tower a few hundred metres away. Over at the cafe, it was total chaos. Debris from the plane's impact had sealed shut the cafe's only entrance, trapping the staff and customers in there like rats. Some men tried smashing the glass windows with chairs but only barely manage to scratch it. Fearfully, Jihyo crouched behind the counter and hugged her knees close to herself, praying desperately. Without warning, a series of explosions rocked the building- explosives that had been pre planted at the base of the building. "Jihyo! Noooooo!" Bellowed Kai. He tried to rush into the burning cafe but was held back by 2 police officers. At a loss, he dropped to his knees and wept. 

(Oakwood Cemetery, New York City)

Kai placed a bunch of roses as the funeral home staff lowered the coffin into the grave. "Rest in peace my beloved wife and daughter." He announced. "I  swear to God that I will hunt down the one responsible and make him pay!" 

(May 2011, Kai's bathroom)

Kai turned off the shower faucet. "And today, it's payback time!" Drying himself quickly, he opened his closet and stared at his uniform for a moment- the uniform of the elite US Navy SEAL. A week after Jihyo's funeral, Kai quitted his engineering job and enlisted with the US Marine Corps. After 2 years of courageous frontline duty in Afghanistan, Kai was posted to the SEAL training school. The training was hellish, but Kai perservered, pushed on by his burning desire for vengence, eventually graduating as the top of his cohort and being posted to the Special Ops Unit- Seal Team Six. Zipping up his jacket, Kai walked down the stairs towards his bike. Kai sat on his Harley Davidson Fatboy and the ignition. He revved the powerful engine a few times, shattering the peace at his apartment block before riding off towards a top secret military base.  

(Seal Team Six base, Location: Classified). 

"Lieutenant Kai, we have been expecting you!" Greeted his Commanding Officer, Colonel Gong Yoo as he walked into the meeting room and took a seat. "I'll have you know that today's mission is special! We'll be taking out the Top Dog himself- Osama bin Laden!" Osama! Hearing that name made Kai bristle with fury. That devil! That beast! That son of a... 

"Lieutenant," briefed Intel Officer Kim Dahyun and Kai turned his attention towards the projector screen. "According to intelligence report from Afghanistan, Osama will have a secret meeting with his top officers at this warehouse here at approximately 0100hrs, the co ordinates of which is shown here." "We believe that a crafty fox have several escape routes and Osama is no exception." Continued Gong Yoo, taking a drag of his cigar. " To avoid alerting him, we are sending 1 single sniper, yourself Lieutenant, to assassinate Osama. Following which, you shall activate this beacon and your teammates shall storm the warehouse and wipe out the rest of the scrumbags. Once our boys are safely out of the area, an airstrike shall be called to blast the whole place to hell. Any questions?" "No Sir!" Kai responded. "Very good." Gong Yoo handed Kai the beacon and walked towards the door. "And Lieutenant," he paused and turned around. "Make that lowlife pay with his blood!" 

(Seal Team Six armoury)

"Gentlemen! Check your weapons and equiptment! Make sure they are in perfect condition!"  Ordered Squad Leader, Captain Suho. A racket rose in the air as weapons were inspected and ammunitions loaded. "Kai my brother!" Grinned chief Armourer Sgt. Seungri as he handed Kai a MK11 sniper rifle. " Your baby's all ready for action!" "Long time no see, partner!" Kai said as he peered though the scope of the deadly weapon which had taken many terrorist lives. "Hey! Why does Kai get the best gun?" Grumbled squadmate Sehun as he slung the sling of his MP5 submachine gun over his neck. "That's because he's the best marksman among us and he is our desinated sniper, stupid!" Explained Baekhyun as he loaded the rounds into his Benelli M4 Super 90 Shotgun, not even bothering to look up. "Yeah! Be glad you have us covering your while Kai had to do his mission alone!" Agreed Chanyeol as he loaded the magazine for his M4 Carbine. "Alright gentlemen! Let's not waste time and get ready to board the chopper!" Announced Suho as he slid his deadly sidearm, a Desert Eagle, into his holster and grabbed his M4. 

Onboard the Chinook, the atmosphere was tense as the pilot, Chen, flew the military helicopter towards Afghanistan. Closing his eyes, Kai leaned back in his seat and took a nap.

"Alright, we're here! Let's move out! Come on! Double time!" Shouted Suho as the Chinook's door slid open. Scrambling out, the SEALs boarded a Armoured Personnel Carrier(APV)  driven by Marine, Luhan. A bumpy journey into town follows and the APV soon parked a few blocks away from the warehouse. "This is it Kai, be careful and best of luck!" Encouraged Suho. "Don't worry Captain!" Assured Kai, "I'm a SEAL and this is what we do!"  "Oohrah!" Cheered the rest of his teammates. Walking a short distance, Kai soon found himself a street away from the warehouse. Taking cover behind the remants of a blown up house, Kai peered into his scope and lined up an Al Qaeda terrorist in his crosshairs. Bang! A shot left Kai's noise suppressed muzzle and the bearded man dropped dead. Panicking, his partner turned to run off but could barely take a few steps before he too fell to the sniper's weapon. The coast clear, Kai carefully entered the warehouse. Using darkness as his ally, Kai stealthily silenced several enemy fighters with his gun. Eventually reaching an air vent and climbed in. After some crawling, Kai reached an opening above a room. Through the dim light he could spot his primary target- Osama! Kai raised his rifle and took aim. "You have only one chance, take him out with One Shot! " he told himself. Unfortunately, a tactical knife came loose from the velcro holster of his vest and fell through the vent's opening, hitting the ground noisily. His position compromised, the terrorists pointed their AK 47s at the vent and fired wildly. Not taking cover fast enough, a bullet hit Kai in the shoulder. Gritting his teeth hard to bear the extreme pain, Kai pulled the safety pin off a flash grenade and tossed it towards the enemy before he ducked further into the vent and shielded his eyes.  A loud bang and a blinding flash of white light enveloped the room, blinding the cursing terrorists. Before they could reorient themselves, Kai quickly took aim and pulled the trigger. Bang! The bullet impacted the centre of Osama's forehead and exited from the back of his skull. Without even a chance to utter a word, the Al Qaeda's leader's body went limp and he fell to the ground, dead. Falling onto his back, Kai activated the beacon before passing out from the pain. 

(US Military Hospital, New York)

"Uncle Kai is waking up!" Announced Ha Eun excitedly as her parents rushed towards Kai's bedside. "Attention!" Gong Yoo's familiar voice rang out in the ward. "Salute!" Kai looked around and saw his teammates and Commanding Officer saluting him. He also spotted... "Mr. President, Sir!" Greeted Kai when he spotted President Obama saluting him too. "Son, our Nation owes you a great debt!" Declared the President as an aide handed Kai the day's newspaper. On the front page was a report on Osama's death and the possible defeat of Al Qaeda. "How did I get here? I thought I was a goner!" Commented Kai confusedly. Sehun was only too glad to fill him in.

(Afghanistan, 20 hours ago)

"Here's the signal from Kai, let's move in!" Ordered Suho as the SEALs stormed the warehouse. Rapid gunfire could be heard as the SEALs courageously battled the terrorists. Chanyeol even fired off a few rounds from his M4 Carbine's attached grenade launcher, sending several terrorists to their doom. Within minutes, the enemy was wasted. "Easy does it, brother!" Muttered Baekhyun as he held on to Kai andlled down the air vent. With Sehun's help, he carried the unconcious Kai out into the waiting chinook.  "Hurry up guys, we got company!" Warned Chen as he spotted 2 pickup trucks with mounted machine guns speeding towards them. The last SEAL safely onboard, Chen pulled on the controls and got the chopper airborne. "Come back and fight like men, cowardly dogs!" Roared the Al Qaeda officer as his men fired the machine guns in the direction of the fleeing Chinook. The door of the chopper slid open and onboard weapons specialist, Do Kyung Soo (D.O.)  appeared with a tripod suported Minigun. "Die!" He yelled as he rained the enemy with bullets, killing their machine gunners and forcing the rest to take cover. As the chopper flew away from the battleground, Suho radioed in for an airstrike. 

(Onboard the Aircraft Carrier USS Enduring, off the coast of Oman).

"Freedom 1 and Freedom 2, an airstrike had been requested by Red Leader(code name for Suho)! Prepare for takeoff!" Ordered Captain Tiffany Hwang, Commanding Officer of the carrier. "Yes mam! "Obeyed Choi Seung hyun( code name: TOP), pilot of Freedom 1. "Let's rock and roll!" Enthused Kwon Jiyong (code name: G Dragon), pilot of Freedom 2, moving his F16 fighter jet into position at the rear of the catapult. Upon getting the green light, the F16s engines roared to life. With tremendous momentum from the launch of the catapults, the 2 jets lifted off about 100m away from the edge of the carrier and sped towards the battleground. 

(Inside the warehouse)

"Search every corner! We shall not rest until we find our leader's body!" Ordered the Al Qaeda officer. "Sir, do you hear that?" Questioned a terrorist as the sounds of F16 engines got louder and louder. Freedom 1 and Freedom 2 has the warehouse locked on by their targeting computer. "Let it rip!" Cheered G Dragon as both pilots unleased a couple of air to surface missles at it. Boom! The warehouse exploded into millions of pieces, killing everyone inside. "Yeeee haw!" Celebrated TOP as both planes soared through the air, making their way back to the carrier. 

"Lieutenant Kai," interrupted the President in the present day. " As a reward for your extreme courage, I am pleased to award you with the Medal of Honour!" Everyone applauded as the President carefully put the medal around Kai's neck. "Also, we would like to grant you your next posting, wherever it may be!" Kai took a look at his teammates and then at his family- his cousins in laws and his 15 year old niece. "Mr President," Kai spoke up. "If it's alright with you, I would like to retire from the military. I want to spend more time with my family. Also, I had completed my promise to my late wife, with the success of this mission!"  The President thought for a moment and said:" It would be a great loss to the Nation to lose such a great Warrior such as yourself but I had given you my word, and I shall honour your request! Do you have anything else to say, my son?" Kai looked at his teammates, smiled and uttered the Navy's motto. "Semper Fortis!" (Always Courageous).