[FULL STORY]

[Golden Child Bae Seungmin x Son Youngtaek] [Prince Seungmin and Princess Taek] [Arranged Marriage]

“Everything takes time like every song needs a rhyme..I know someday my sunshine you are gonna learn to love me like how much I love you..” sadly uttered by Princess Taek while keeping the picture of her future prince with tears in her eyes.

It has been 1 week since she went to Korea in order to meet her future prince and family. Even the time she was born her future wedding is already sealed. Her Mom Gabby is a Korean and she had a childhood friend named Leene or should she also call her now Mom Leene. They were friends for a long time and made a promise to arrange their kids into a wedding when the right time comes and the right time is 1 month from now. Her family went to Korea all the way from Japan for this wedding. But Princess Taek is all fine with this situation. She had already known his future husband named Prince Seungmin a long time ago from the pictures sent to them by Prince Seungmin’s Mom. Even from those pictures she already loved Prince Seungmin and is ready to marry him. He became his sunshine throughout all the hardships and she was awaiting for this right time to meet him. Her Mom also sent her pictures to them but she still did not expected what had happened last week on their arrival..

1 week ago…

“Mom ! Please stop this nonsense. Why would you even set me up on a arrange marriage even before I was born?” shouted Prince Seungmin from the top of his lungs to his Mom.

“Her Mom is my good friend Seungmin and I know her family is good also. Her daughter is beautiful as you can see from the pictures they sent us. She is educated also. Why won’t you marry her? Do you have a girlfriend?” explained and asked Leene to his son.

“No I don’t have a girlfriend.. but that is not the point right now.. I thought all this arranged marriage you were saying since I was a kid was a joke.. Mom do you know what you are doing?  I know she is beautiful.. Fine.. but I don’t know her attitude.. Marriage is not a joke Mom..” Seungmin complained as he was mad and annoyed to his Mom.

“Don’t worry about that my son me and Gabby already thought about the whole situation..We would..” Leene was saying something to Seungmin but she was interrupted by the doorbell sound.. “Ooh.. I think it is Gabby and Princess Taek already.. Behave Seungmin.. We will discuss what I was saying a while ago with them..” warned Leene to his son Seungmin.

“Yeah right Mom but still your idea is absurd..” Seungmin said this though still annoyed he stayed behave after all he still has his manners.

At the door there entered two ladies.. Her Mom hugged a lady with short straight hair with bangs and wears a glasses it must be her Mom’s friend Gabby but he didn’t focused on that.. The other lady got his attention.. He recognized her from those pictures sent to them.. She was Princess Taek but seeing her in person feels different.. She was tall and fair skinned.. with a straight blond shiny hair with bangs.. Beautiful is an understatement.. She was indeed gorgeous.. but the last thing he would do was to voice it out.. He still thinks this whole arranged marriage idea by their Moms is absurd.. I hope Princess Taek thinks the same way as him..

“Hey son...Hello Seungmin to the world.. World to Seungmin..” Leene called to Seungmin.

“Yes Mom.” Seungmin replied startled as he got drowned in his thoughts that he didn’t noticed his Mom getting his attention.

“I said I would like you to meet Gabby My Friend and her daughter Princess Taek.” Her Mom said.

“Hello Seungmin.. It was finally nice to meet you..You are so handsome son..” Her Mom’s friend said to him..

“Hello.. Nice to meet you too.”Seungmin answered politely.

“Hello Prince Seungmin.. It is finally nice to meet you.. It has been like forever My Prince.” Princess Taek smilingly said to him extending her hand for a shake.

Seungmin was alarmed with Princess Taek’s statement but still replied with all his might. “Nice to meet you too Princess Taek but I think you are mistaken..I do not approve of this arranged wedding idea of our Moms.” Seungmin said and grabbed Princess Taek’s hand politely for a first time meeting shake. He suddenly felt a current on their handshake. Maybe it was just the result of the friction made by their skins but why does it feels like he wants to undo what he uttered a while ago? No he can’t.. He thinks this whole idea is still absurd.. He firmly said to his mind.. more of he firmly hypnotized his mind to think this idea is absurd..

At the present time..

Whenever Princess Taek thought of what happened last week on their arrival she can’t help but cry.. She waited all her life to meet her Prince but the fact that he doesn’t want her to be his Princess breaks her heart.. But though her heart was breaking she is still happy because of what her Mom and Prince Seungmin’s Mom did…

Flashback on the dinner the night of their arrival..

Princess Taek was shocked and hurt of what Prince Seungmin said a while ago but he can’t be mad at him.. She still loves his sunshine.. She was interrupted by her thoughts when someone knocked on her door.. She opened it and it was her Mom..

“Sweetie Taek.. I know you were shocked and hurt a while ago by what Seungmin said but I talked to Leene and she said that all this time Seungmin thought this whole arranged marriage was a joke that is why he said it.. but don’t worry Me and Leene will fix this..You will know what I am talking about on dinner.. For now make yourself beautiful and leave Seungmin in awe with your beauty.. I know how much you love your sunshine..” Princess Taek Mom said with a teasing smile.

“Mom..stop teasing me..” Princess Taek said with bright pink blushing cheeks. “Thank you Mom for doing this and thinking of my happiness..” then Princess Taek hugs her Mom before it leaves her room.

After her Mom leaves her room..She thought to herself that she will be strong and she is determined to fight for her love..

Meanwhile on their car, Leene is scolding Seungmin for what he said earlier.

“Why did you say that to Taek? We are not finished talking yet.. You haven’t heard the whole thing I like to tell you about this arranged marriage..Yet you rushed and told her you do not want this arrangement..” Leene scolded Seungmin

“Mom It is better to tell her early..So she and her Mom won’t waste their time here in Korea..” Seungmin rebutted his Mom.

“Taek wants this marriage Seungmin and this marriage is beneficial for us.. Not that this is just a childhood promise with my friend Gabby but this also for our company.. A company that you will handle in the future..” Leene explained to Seungmin.

“Mom ! Are you really willing to sacrifice my feelings here? And regarding the company didn’t I promise you that I will do my best to handle it..?” Seungmin said with a madly pleading voice.

“I know Son that you can handle the company well..I have no doubts about that but I want to secure your family life too..I am not getting any younger and I have choosen a best girl for you..Can you decide after dinner? Can you give the idea a chance after the dinner? Can you behave yourself for tonight?” Leene pleaded her Son Seungmin.

Seungmin seeing his Mom’s pleading face decided to back down for tonight. “Okay Mom just for tonight I will listen to you but no matter what will be my decision after the dinner..I would like you to respect it please.” Seungmin said to his Mom.

“Okay Son..I will respect your decision after..Thank you..” Leene hugged his Son Seungmin.

Little did Seungmin knew something was up to her Mom’s sleeves..

Leene and Prince Seungmin arrived to the hotel’s dining area. A few minutes later Gabby and Princess Taek also arrived. Seungmin was lowkey eyeing Princess Taek and his eyes and heart was in awe.. Princess Taek though indeed is gorgeous looks more gorgeous tonight.. She was wearing a pink tube sparkling top and a black bubbly skirt with her blond hair all curled up.. Prince Seungmin thought how could someone gorgeous out gorgeous herself? His thoughts were interrupted when her Mom started to greet them..

“Hello Gabby and Hello Princess Taek..You look so gorgeous tonight. How about we sit down now and discuss what is needed to be discussed while taking a lovely dinner” Leene said smiling to them and gesturing for them to sit down.

They started to eat silently when Leene broke the silence later on.

“So regarding the arranged marriage.. It will be one month from today..And as me and Gabby talked.. We would leave you kids in one house..to get to know each other..While me and Gabby Go to Japan to attend about our businesses..” Leene suddenly announced in between the dinner.

Both Prince Seungmin and Princess Taek is shocked…Though Princess Taek like they idea to get to know Prince Seungmin and make him love her but them? Together? Alone in one house?

“But Mom..are you insane? I won’t agree on this another absurd ide--” Seungmin was about to finish his sentence when he suddenly lost his consciousness.

“What h-happe--“ Princess Taek was about to ask because of shock that Prince Seungmin lost his consciousness but she lost her consciousness too.

“Are you sure of this plan Leene?” Gabby asked her friend.

“Yes Gab..I think this will work..” Leene said but it was not a statement it was a wish that she hopes this plan will work.

In the morning of next day…

Prince Seungmin was in a dream..The sweetest dream he had for the longest time..He dreamed that he was on a garden hugging a teddy bear and it smells like lavender..Inhales..He could sleep in this smell forever while cuddling a fluffy teddy bear that suddenly became a face of a blond lady as he opened his eyes..then he realized it was Princess Taek besides him..He was cuddling with Princess Taek..She was fast asleep and looks so gorgeous like an angel dreaming…He was observing her face closely..She has the most fairest skin, long eyeslashes and a pink kiss--..And then he remembered what happened last night that he ended up pushing Princess Taek away from him making her wake up…

“Aaaah..” Princess Taek’s sound as she yawns and stretches.. “Goodmorning..” then she greeted Prince Seungmin with a smile..

Seungmin was almost affected by Princess Taek but he stood his ground.. “Go-good—Aaaah what is good in the morning when our Moms set us up like this?” Seungmin said loudly with a mental breakdown…

“I think this okay for us to get to know each other since will be husband and wife in 1 month..” Princess Taek said.

“What? If I know you are behind this set up also..” Seungmin said madly to Taek..

“What too? You are accusing me right now? I passed out after you passed out...If you are really against this set up then make a way to get out of here..” Taek also bursted out.. What is so wrong with her that Prince Seungmin hates? If he doesn’t want to be with her then he can go..

Back to the present time…

And that’s what happened..She was crying because it has been 1 week that they are stucked with each other without any means of communication but only with immediate necessities like food, water, clothes, books and music with them as entertainment.. She could almost finish all the books on that house but Seungmin still doesn’t give a care about her… They only do casual talks when they eat like “if the food is okay” because they take turns on who to prepare the meals other than that it is a miracle if the talk for more than a minute or be on the same place of the house for more than 30 minutes… She always stays on the library while Seungmin stays on the pool area near the garden…

Later that evening, it was Seungmin’s turn to cook their dinner.. He cooked fried rice for that night.. They were silently eating on the dining table when suddenly Taek feels that she couldn’t breath… Inhales… Exhales…She is doing it repeatedly gasping for air...She was losing her consciousness and is gonna collapse soon…

“S-seung—m-min help me.. I-I c-cant b-breath..” Taek said while still gasping for air

Seungmin stood up as he heard what Taek said and noticed that she is sweating and grasping for air asked “Hey hey Taek are you okay? What is happening to you?” panicking Seungmin asked Taek while holding her in his arms.

“I-I c-can’t b-brea-..” this is all Taek could utter and she finally lost her consciousness.

Panicking and scared Seungmin doesn’t know what happened or what to do.. He decided the most immediate way to save Taek’s life is to give her additional air supply.. Without second thoughts he leaned down and did a CPR to Taek who is now unconscious...

Taek was dreaming that she was in a garden full of lavender flowers and rainbow butterflies are flying everywhere..The air is cool and refreshing.. but suddenly she was gasping for air and she doesn’t know what is happening to her but on the verge of collapsing she saw a white horse coming to his way.. It was her Prince Seungmin ready to save her and then she totally lost her consciousness…

The next morning…

Taek woke up feeling light headed. She was about to touch her forehead when she felt someone was holding her hand. It was Seungmin. Then she remembered what happened last night. They were eating their dinner when she was suddenly out of breath and collapsed… but she feels happy it happened..Sounds crazy but being held by Seungmin’s hand right now made her forgot that she almost died last night that she can’t help but to grin. She felt the urge to touch Seungmin’s strawberry pink hair. She was about to do so but she felt Seungmin moved.

“Taek!.. You are awake now..Are you okay? What happened to you last night? Why did you suddenly collapsed?” Seungmin was fastly asking Taek questions while touching her neck and forehead to feel her temperature.

“I’m okay now..I don’t know what happened too..but may I ask did you perhaps put a shrimp on the fried rice last night..” Taek asked confusedly but calmly because she can see the worried look of Seungmin on his face…

“I-I did.. Are you allergic to shrimp?”Seungmin worriedly asked.

Taek just nodded and replied “Yes but it is okay now.. I am okay.. I am alive..”

“I am sorry.. I am so stubborn about ignoring you because of this whole set up that I almost killed you..I am an idiot.. Sorry..” Seungmin apologetically said to Taek.

“It is okay Seungmin..Nothing to worry about..” Taek assured Seungmin.

Smile suddenly surfaced on Seungmin’s face as a reply to Taek’s assurance statement. Taek noticed this and tears started to form on her eyes but to be able to hide it she teasingly pointed it out to Seungmin.

“Ommo ! Prince Seungmin just smiled for the first time to me. I am so happy.” Taek teasingly said while grinning like a kid to Seungmin though deep inside she wanted to cry already.

Seungmin was alarmed because of that grin of Princess Taek. It seems to wake up some feelings inside of him and defensively he just replied. “Shut up Taek. Just lie down and rest already while I cook you some food. Is there anything you are allergic too aside from shrimp? I need to be careful now or I might accidentally put you too the line of death again..” Seungmin said to Taek though he sounded sarcastic but he was sincere. He doesn’t want to compromise Taek’s life again just because he was stubborn of the set up continuing to silently treat her.

“No no Seungmin.. I am only allergic to Shrimp.” Taek replied to Seungmin.

“Okay just wait for me.. I am just gonna whip up a meal for you to eat and make you replenish your energy..” Seungmin said and was about to leave but Taek was able to grab a hold of his wrist. Seungmin was surprised of the act yet was able to maintain his composure turned towards  Taek. “Yes Taek? Is there anything else you need?” He added.

Taek just turned her head from side to side gesturing ‘No’ but just simple said “Thank you Seungmin..” Taek was thinking of stating the things she was thankful for. She wanted to thank him for saving her life, for smiling at her, for making her a meal and many others but all she could just say for all of that is. “For everything. Thank you Seungmin.” She added and let go of Seungmin’s hand and watched him exit to her room.

After Seungmin exited to her room she just started to cry. A lot of emotion poured down into her. She was happy because Prince Seungmin showed a little care for him. She was sad because she thought Prince Seungmin deserves better. Prince Seungmin should not be forced anymore to this arranged marriage. She was sad because she decided not to push on this marriage anymore and to let him go. She will leave him later late at night. Even if she doesn’t know where they are she has money and she can just ask any person to tell her towards the right direction going to Seoul back to their hotel and back to her Mom to tell her everything she has decided.

After Seungmin fed Taek she let her rest for a while. He went to his usual spot the poolside near the garden…He thought it has been already 1 week that they have been together in that house. Just the two of them. Although he was silent towards Taek all this time but he keeps on observing her. She is a quiet lady. She loves to read books all day and sit by the big window of the library. She is a good cook too. When they take turns in preparing for the meal, he is always looking forward to Taek’s cooking. He loves her carbonara. She is talented too. He always love to hear Taek’s soft voice whenever she sing along to the music. And lastly but not the least the one he observed from the pictures and from the day they first met that she was gorgeous. Seungmin can’t help but smile from all his observations of Taek. He kept on thinking of a decision regarding this set up before it is too late. He knows that it still isn’t love. An admiration maybe but he likes to call it a seed of love planted by Taek to his heart that is beginning to sprout. He finally decided. He will pursue of this arranged marriage and to know Taek closely and deeply on the remaining weeks before their wedding and for the rest of their lives after the wedding. Seungmin was on this thoughts when the gate doorbell suddenly rang. He went to the gate to look who it was. It was a delivery guy.

“Hello Sir.. Good Afternoon.. A package for Prince Seungmin and Princess Taek..” The delivery guy informed.

“I am Prince Seungmin. Thank you.” Seungmin replied and then the delivery guy left.

Seungmin opened the package and found out it was a cellphone and a note from his Mom.

‘Hello Son.. I am sorry if I set you up like this.. I thought you might be so mad to me right now that is why decided to send you this phone..You can call a driver to take you home…’ This is what the note contains.

Seungmin smiled and thought her Mom was really something, the cellphone was on timing and it was a blessing in disguise. He started dialing something on the phone…

Later that night…

Princess Taek was all prepared to leave… She was still sad and wanted to cry but she thought this was all for the best… As she was heading towards the main door she turned her head towards Seungmin’s room.. She hopes all the best for him…

“Goodbye Seungmin… I hope you get all the things you deserve… I am letting you go now.. I love you..” Taek whispered and this time she could not hold back the tears anymore…

When she exited the main door… Taek was shocked because music started to play… and lights suddenly sparkled on the garden… She continued to walk towards the garden but stood frozen on her place afterwards when she saw a pink haired handsome man on a tuxedo with a bouquet of lavender flowers and his hand walking towards her direction and this time her tears flowed even more from her eyes… It was Seungmin… She doesn’t know what is happening right now and what to feel right now… She doesn’t even know why she was crying…but she still continued to cry…

“Hey hey Taek…Are you okay? Why are you crying?..” Seungmin asked Taek with a worrying voice.

“I-I d-don’t k-know..” Taek replied. “W-what is happening Seun-gmin? W-why are y-you doing this?” Taek asked back still sobbing.

Then Seungmin suddenly kneeled one of his knee and got a small box out from his pocket and said, “Taek I know this all started out as an arranged marriage but you planted a seed of love on my heart from the day I first saw you in person… I was just denying it all this time but I can’t deny this feelings right now because that seed is starting to grow now..I can feel its roots sticking deeply to my heart making sure that love doesn’t die out and just continue to grow…” then Seungmin opened the small box and continued, “I know we maybe just Prince and Princess because of our first name but I want to make you my queen from this moment on until the rest of our lives and I wanted to take that place of being a king in your life…and by this, I mean would you accept the ring and be my queen for eternity?” Seungmin ended his statement and is now looking up to Taek waiting for her answer.

Taek was still frozen and speechless. She couldn’t believe what is happening right now. Her long time dreamed prince wanting now to become his king. Is she dreaming? She bit her lip to test if she was dreaming.

“Ouch!” Taek shouted.

 Seungmin was in panicked because of this. “What happened Taek? Are you okay?” Seungmin asked with a worried look.

“I am fine Seungmin…I just bit my lip to test if I was in a dream..and I found out that I am not..” Taek answered Seungmin while grinning.

“You silly…You made me worried…Let me see…” then Seungmin touched Taek’s chin and examined her lips closely. It has a wound and is slightly bleeding. Seungmin then realized their situation then just caught up by the moment he leaned in closely and gave Taek’s pink kissable lips a kiss.

That kiss made Taek froze but she regained her senses. She cannot just froze forever, not in front of the man that he loves the most.

“Why did you? That was my first kiss. You sly gentleman…” then she pushed Seungmin but deep inside her heart was erratic and her cheeks is hot and pink colored at the moment she is guessing.

But Seungmin caught Taek’s arm and held it then said, “No that was not out first kiss…last night when you were gasping for air I kissed you too..” Seungmin explained.

Taek then said, “Then if that is the case, I can’t refuse to your offer anymore of becoming your queen and you taking the position of being a king in my life..” Taek was grinning as Seungmin was placing the ring on her hand. She is the happiest lady right now. Now that her sunshine and Prince Seungmin finally learned to care and is starting to love her. All things really takes time to grow and one example of that is her love story with Prince Seungmin. They continued to sway to the music as they were hugging each other under the moonlight.

 

THE END J