final

You Deserve Me (Back)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yifan isn’t sure why he’s still staying in the overcrowded cafeteria when he could be anywhere. Well, one reason is his best friend Luhan is taking forever to finish his trash called cafeteria food, or he’s busy staring at his ex-boyfriend Park Chanyeol three tables away from theirs. The guy has his back facing him and Yifan thinks he has his nose on his favorite Harry Potter book series like what he always does and basically gossiping with his diva of a best friend Byun Baekhyun and his freshman boyfriend Oh Sehun.

 

He sighs and thinks of what did he do wrong to make Chanyeol break up with him? He admits he was a playboy and changes boyfriends and girlfriends in two weeks max but with Chanyeol, he changed. They were dating for three months and that marked Yifan’s longest relationship yet but when Chanyeol broke up with him for an unknown reason, he was utterly broken.

 

He runs his fingers on his hair and lets out a loud sigh when he feels a tap on his shoulder. He looks at Luhan and frowns. “What?”

 

“I don’t know if you noticed or just busy staring at your ex-boyfriend, but I’m done with lunch and I’m ready to go home.” Luhan shrugs and fixes his backpack.

 

Yifan zips his backpack close. “Don’t you want to go somewhere else?”

 

“Nope,” Luhan shakes his head. “I have a Skype date with my Minnie and I need no disturbance!”

 

The younger of the two rolls his eyes and clucks his tongue. “Hm. You wanted to show him your new collection of plugs, you mean?”

 

That instantly made Luhan gasp loudy and flush red making him grab his head for a headlock. “Wu Yifan! You should know how to respect your elders!” He splutters in Chinese.

 

“H-Holy. Stop it Luhan!” He tries to remove the deer’s arm as he coughs for his dear life.

 

Luhan releases Yifan from his hold and sticks his tongue at the younger.

 

“God. I wonder how Minseok deals with you, immature .”

 

“Ohoho. Well, at least this immature has a boyfriend. Right?”

 

The deer obviously pulls a nerve that makes Yifan grab his collar. “Alright, that’s it—”

 

“YIFAAAN!!!”

 

Both males freeze at the sound of loud feminine voice booming all around the cafeteria. Yifan lets go of Luhan’s collar looks up to the figure skipping to their table, Bae Joohyun, the junior cheerleader.

 

She takes a seat beside Yifan and flips her hair. “Hi, Yifan oppa!” Seeing Luhan at the other side makes her roll her eyes. “Hi, Barbie.”

 

Luhan gasps. “Barbie?! Listen, woman! You’re just jealous I look more feminine than you, dry hair!”

 

 

-

 

 

“Yeol, stop distracting yourself with that book. That’s not going to help you cope with the breakup.” Baekhyun soothes Chanyeol’s shoulder as he sighs. His best friend has been quiet for weeks because of the breakup Chanyeol and Yifan had. “Isn’t this what you wanted? A break from Yifan?”

 

Chanyeol looks up from his book and pouts. “Baek, please don’t mention his name.”

 

“Then I want you to keep that book and talk to us. We’re worried about you,” Receiving no reply from Chanyeol, he sighs and lays his head on Sehun’s shoulder. “What should we do, Sehunnie?”

 

Baekhyun’s boyfriend lands a kiss on his head. “Give him time, Baek. Okay? Give him his favorite bubble tea.”

 

“Bubble tea? Really, Sehun? You’re no help at this, but you’re so adorable.” Baekhyun chuckles and kisses him on the lips. They hear a groan across the table which made them cut the kiss, cheeks flushed.

 

Chanyeol closes the book with force and glares at the couple. “Can you be gross somewhere else? I need to finish this book, thank you very much.”

 

“Oh please, Mr. Sissypants. Can you just forget this Yifan dude and find someone else? Sehun knows a lot hottie freshmen students and young kids love better than seniors!” Baekhyun wraps his arms around Sehun’s middle. He giggles at the kisses on his jaw and neck. Chanyeol rolls his eyes at this.

 

“Yeah, right. All you’ve dated in school are freshmen kids, Baekhyun. Is Sehun the last freshman kid you dated?” Chanyeol smirks as he dodges the lettuce thrown at him by his fuming best friend.

 

“Excuse you! Sehun is just my third boyfriend and he’ll be the last I’ll make sure of it!” He eyes Sehun from head to toe before looking at Chanyeol. “Besides, he fills me better than anyone.”

 

Sehun chokes on his drink and looks at his tiny boyfriend, flabbergasted. “Baek?!” Chanyeol grimaced at the mental image of what Baekhyun said. The latter snickers and grabs his pen. “You guys, so prudish. Especially you!” He points at Chanyeol. “You’ve known me for years and you haven’t gotten used to me being like this. I’m hurt.” He pouts and points at his boyfriend. “Anyways, we’ve broken up multiple times because our personalities don’t match at all but guess what keeps us going?” He leans on the table to whisper on Chanyeol’s ear. “Lots of makeup !”

 

Baekhyun snorts at Chanyeol’s red ear tips and widened eyes. “I seriously thought hanging with me for years would turn you into another me, but guess not. Pft.”

 

“Baekhyun, it’s official. You are no help in this friendsh—” Chanyeol’s words were cut when a shrill voice echoes on the cafeteria. He looks to where the voice is and finds Bae Joohyun sitting beside Yifan. His Yifan. Or. Used to Yifan.

 

“Hi, Yifan oppa!”

 

The voice makes Chanyeol clench his fist and his blood boil. Bae Joohyun is the reason why they broke up. The girl was their school’s gem when it comes to cheerleading, no girl can surpass her beauty, her white skin, pink lips, and long straight hair. Chanyeol had none of those, he only has his awkwardness and tall height. Joohyun has been bugging Yifan ever since he and Chanyeol got together, everywhere they go, she’s there. Chanyeol thinks since Yifan is a playboy, he goes to perfection like Joohyun, not to disappointments like him.

 

He sees Joohyun and Luhan having their banter with each other and a helpless Yifan in the middle. The two were obviously bickering about who is prettier than who. Chanyeol looks at Yifan and his heart breaks when Yifan is looking at Joohyun. Chanyeol knows that look. It’s the same look he gives me when we’re still together.

 

Chanyeol frowns and returns to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter