Final

Happy Birthday, You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Minhyuk-sshi, your phone is ringing."

Minhyuk looked up as Jonghoon tapped his shoulder. He mumbled a 'thank you' before reaching for his phone on the sofa. A smile captured on his face as he saw the display name of the caller.

'Incoming call : Byulie'

As he reached for his phone, he excused himself to Jonghoon who happened to sit beside him and went outside the room.

"Oy," he called as he picked up her call.

"Oy?" he could hear her chuckle from the other line. Without realizing it, the smile on his face was getting wider. "Where are you?" 

"At filming site."

"Eh? What filmiㅡ oh. Webdrama?"

He chuckled lightly as he listened to her little confusion. She remembers ㅡ he thought. "Yeah. Are you at Etoos already?"

"Yap! Just arrived at the venue. We will have our check sound in 30 minutes or more," she said rather excitedly.

Minhyuk leaned his back on the wall and let out a sigh. The last time he met her was about 2 weeks ago. That was the time when both of them were free from their schedules and decided to have a 'brother-sister hangout' at night. He couldn't deny that he missed her, a lot. "Whatcha doing?"

Moonbyul exhaled a big sigh. "I'm reading my script for my broadcast on Friday. I don't know whether I will do it well or nah. Ah, I'm trembling what to do," her voice was brittle as she blurted out the last sentence.

He frowned. "Hey, Byul-ah. Remember your first broadcast? You did it really well in spite of the fact that it's your first time as a DJ. You will do well this time too. Believe me, you will."

A quite long silence engulfed the both of them before Moonbyul broke it. "I really talk to the right person. Thank you. You really are the best." 

Minhyuk could imagine her wide grin as she scrunched up her nose cutely while showing her Indian dimples. Not to mention, his favorite sight.

"Eum, oppa."

"Yeah?" he tilted his head, noticed the uncertainty in her voice.

"I... have something for you, tomorrow."

"Hm? Tomorrow? So sudden... what occasion?" 

"Oppaㅡ don't tell me you forget what day tomorrow is."

"Tomorrow is Wednesday so whaㅡ" he paused as something hit him. Oh, my birthdayㅡ he thought. He cleared his throat as he felt his heart beated rapidly. "Oh. Are you going to give me present, eh?"

"Eum~ just wait and see," she chuckled.

"Don't tell me you will give Hamo clothes again, huh?"

"Eh? Why should I~ You're the soon birthday boy here. Plus I already gave her one month ago," he could hear her laugh from the other line. The laugh that he missed the most.

"I got it, I will wait," he smiled.

"Oh yeah, I'm coming wait for me unnieㅡ oppa, I gotta go."

"Okay. Good luck for your performance, Byul."

"You too. Good luck for your shooting. Don't flirt with Sohye too much, she's still a kid."

"Oh? It was your 6 harems, and now Sohye? Byul-ahㅡ are you jealous, perhaps?" he asked rather jokingly. He chuckled as he noticed the stuttered voice from her.

"Eum... N-no! W-why would I, huh? I'll hang up!" 

Minhyuk frowned as Moonbyul hung up the call. Is she.. reallyㅡ he shook his head as he chuckled to himself. What a nonsense.

"Minhyuk-sshi, mind to take a picture with me?" Park Hana called him while showing his signed album.

"Oh, yeah sure sunbaenim," he said as he walked to her with a wide smile captured in his face.

"You look so happy right now. Something good happened?" she tilted her head a bit, took a glance to her junior who smiling widely right then. Soon after her question got into him, the smile on his face was faltered. Do I.. look that happy? ㅡ he thought to himself. He couldn't deny it that the moment he listened to her voice, somehow it made him feel at peace, like all the burden that he had on his shoulder was lifted up.

"Yeah... I think it did."

 

"Get ready, girls! We will be on stage in less than an hour," Hyerim manager shouted from the outside of the room. Moonbyul was taking a last look in front of the mirror when one message from kakaotalk popped out on her phone. She reached for her phone before a smile appeared on her face.

From :: Minhyuk oppa

So... this is what you mean hours ago, eh? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yU6oCI51GY
[TEASER] 문별 - 구차해 Performance

Moonbyul chuckled as she read his chat. He really did find out ㅡ she thought. She remembered the first time she made him listen to the song before its first release on her concert, he told her that he wanted to see a video clip for this song. She was doubted at first, but then the reaction from her fans regarding the song was great and they started to ask for the video so he encouraged her to make one. In the end, with the help from the staffs, she decided to produce the video, from the concept to the video filming. Because he was the first person encouraging her, she decided to release it on his birthday.

With a wide smile crept on her face, she typed her reply to Minhyuk.

To :: Minhyuk oppa

Ehe, I don't know~ Just wait and see :p

"Ohoho look at your face, unnie~" Wheein popped out from Moonbyul's back, wrapping her arm around the latter's neck.

"What theㅡ oh gosh Jung Wheein you scared me!" Moonbyul almost dropped her phone as she clutched onto her chest.

"Ready to surprise the soon-to-be birthday boy, eh?" The younger girl unnie while wrapping her another arm to her shoulder. The older one just gave her a short glance and shrugged.

"I don't know. Just wait and see~" The older girl gave a pat on her sister's crown before walking past her to the outside of the room, of course with her wide grin plastered on her face.

 

It was 9 PM when BTOB walked out the stage to their waiting room. Minhyuk was wiping the sweat on his forehead when he felt a buzz coming from his phone. As he read the notification, he ran as fast as he could to their room and sat on the sofa at the corner of the room.

New video from MAMAMOO - [Special] 문별 - 구차해 Performance

When he was prepared, he clicked the link directed to the video and waited patiently. Yeah, the moment he found out about the teaser a day ago, he couldn't help subscribing to her group's channel so that he wouldn't be left out. 

"Damn it, Moon Byulyiㅡ" he cursed as she saw Moonbyul in big shirt, black tie, and ponytail, swaying her body against the male dancer. The moment he played the video, he really couldn't take his eyes off her. She looked so stunning with both black suit and white shirt, and the smog on the background made her more breathtaking. Nation's girl crush, indeed. And I fell for her, damn it ㅡ he thought.

"Hyung, let's get back! All the boys are outside already," Ilhoon called him while walking past the door.

"Oh, I'm coming," Minhyuk shouted as he took a last glance to his phone. Fortunately the video reached its end when Ilhoon called him. Soon, he put his phone into his pocket, grabbed his black pouch and walked out to their van.

Moon Byulyi, you really drive me crazy.

 

"Are you going to stay late here?" Sungjae asked as he took off his rabbit bandana.

"Yeah, I have things need to be done tonight. Are you going home?" Minhyuk took a glance to his brother.

"Hm~ I'm going to meet my Sami soon!" Sungjae laughed before reaching the door knob. "Hyung, don't stay too late. I'm going first."

"Oh, thanks for coming, Jae-ya," Minhyuk smiled as he saw his brother closing the door. Minhyuk heaved a sigh when he was alone in the room. "So here we are, spending the last hour of birthday alone," he mumbled to himself.

He leaned his back onto the chair as something hit him. Ah, I haven't given any respond about the video to her ㅡ he thought. The moment he left Jamsil for event hours ago, he was being distracted with his broadcast preparation on Vlive and he just finished it 15 minutes ago. He couldn't call her nor send her a simple message. "Should I call h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter