Runway

The Devil Wears Prada

Trigger warning: Mentions of Alcohol, Pills or Drugs, Smoking addiction and hint! of abuse

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun had always remembered his first day as if it was yesterday.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The smell of his favourite fresh bacon and eggs of his long time partner and fiance had gently lure him out of his deep slumber, that is..until.. a big fat mocking 8 o'clock had greeted him like a choir of christmas carols at someone's funeral. "!" The small pretty puppy-like male had stumbled across the room with tiny little grunts and grumbles, before dashing with all his might out of their shared flat. Ignoring his lover's shout of "Your breakfast babe!!! aish this little.. good luck baekbaby!!!".

 

"You're 3 minutes late" The Diva had hissed poisonously. "i..i'm sor..sorry. I had trouble through the security for building access" the petite male had stuttered as he fixed the overly huge block framed thrifted reading glasses on his otherwise tiny face. The Blonde male had snorted, eyes dripping with silent judgment as he scan the male up and down. "Its a no brainer with that style of yours, anyways its senior Key for you. Follow me steam egg.....and welcome to hell." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Whats wrong with a bit of vintage. Baekhyun had pouted at the thought. Following the sassy blonde silently, the heels of their shoes had created distinct screeches to the pristine white ceramic floor. Reaching the highest floor of the lavish building, baekhyun's jaw could only hang in awe, as everything, including the sassy diva's ramble turned to mute. This is it. Byun Baekhyun had finally made it. His long time teenage dream had come down to this... that is until a frantic wave of catlike polished nails had rudely interupted hi- "Did you got that egg? I hope that blank expression of yours isn't a confirmation of your stupidity. Director could be here in any minute and if you ever dare to forget what i clearly instructed you to do, i'm going down and i will definitly be taking you down with m-"

 

A sharp ring of telephone were cut immediately as the posh administration lady had answered it sweetly before smashing it down in terror. "The Devil is here!" the girl had hollered as the posh scene had suddenly turn into a frantic jungle of ballistic males and females. What the heck is this hullabaloo?! What on earth is going on. "Steam egg get out of the bloody way before I crack that shell of yours"

 

The scene had been imprinted ever since. How the beautiful yet haunting footsteps of the pair of pradas had echo through his being, how the jet black long givenchy coat had swished magically with every elegant step, a beautiful being blessed with unparalled features yet with such enigmatic charisma, he'll render any of his unfortunate prey weak. A gaze filled with confidence and dignity; almost no mercy perhaps. The old Baekhyun would have never thought that he will adore said man even more in the future.

 

 

"Steam egg are you listening?! You need to remember what I said. The director is summoning you. Baek-"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun!"

 

 

 

A tone laced with panic startled him. There he spot his ex senior and now vice-partner Key as the guilty of charge of his awaken daydream. "What's wrong hyung?" "Director is taking the pills again, and alfredo bought champagne and whiskey as a gift, please talk some sense into him." Key had sighed desperately. Baekhyun had entered the pristine office with a hammering heart. There he found the ever so beautiful devil clad in his crystal marred suit, slender fingers flipping through the mock up edition of Runway; long pipe of cigerrate hanging from his plump lips.

 

"ah baekhyun, how are my meeting schedules?"

"Director, please take the rest of the day off. Let key hyung and I handle the rest"

 

The little male pleaded with tenderness. Taemin chuckled gingerly as one of his brow had raised in amusement, his slender body strutting gently to face his petite secretary. "How dissapointing to see my lovely secretary of 6 years had seem to question my eligibility to run Runway" "Director please unde-" Pale hands had halted his plea once again. The older divine male's smile had drop into a cold facade, a glass of champagne clutched tightly in his grip.

Baekhyun was awarded with his backview as the devil seem to have lost himself in the grand scenery of buildings and streets. "You thought I wouldn't find out? You crossed out my meeting schedule? you almost cost me a big venture. Do you really hate working for me that much Byun Baekhyun?" Baekhyun had yelped in urgency "no director please understand me, I know how you never want to miss the children's play and I know how esctatic you have been to be able to attend -". Words fail him as the devil eyed him with a cold gaze, head bowing in self resentment, baekhyun lifted his head in shock as a soft palm caressed his hair in console. The devil had eyed him with care before muttering coldly "They're adults. Baekhyun I understand and appreciate your concern but what makes you think you can hide this important meeting from me? My private events does not concern you or will benefit runway" It sounded authorative almost menacing but baekhyun knew. He knew that the elder did not meant those implications, in fact, it was laced with fondness.

 

"Director..please allow me to persuade them to change the dates i'm sure they wi-"

 

"Baekhyun. This merge is crucial for Runway. Cancel my plan for the school play" The elder ordered stoically. "besides..the children would prefer me not being there". It was the tiniest whisper. So fragile and muted as if it was never meant to be heard. A piece of the so called devil's non-existent heart. To any other people's eyes it would've been viewed as hardcore professionalism. People would have clapped with awe as the beautiful director would proceed his way with perfect demanour of glamour and confidence. His walk poise and sure. Pucci coat now perching teasingly on his Saint Laurent silk cladded shoulders. No weary or regret will ever settle on his fierce complexion. Yet to baekhyun...it was a mask...a mask to a broken figure of an aching mother.

 

 

 

 

A tall handsome young male had breathed slowly, his lean body perching softly on his elite high school's entrance pillar. Kicking invisible stones and pebbles as he mutter softly to his phone. "Hey dad, I miss you, Do you think krystal and I can spend our breaks with you this time. We miss the decks and playing soccer with you..." A black porsche parked infront of him as a pretty petite male had exited excitedly, waving exaggeratingly; earning awed glances of other students waiting for their rides alike. "LUCASS! MY LITTLE PRINCE". The boy had smiled brightly, in carbon copy resemblance of his father. Chuckling lowly to his phone he continued "my ride is here, have to go. Call me please when you hear this message. Love you, bye".

Running towards the bouncy figure, Lucas lifted the older male in a tight hug. "Second mom you're here!" "Hey watch it young man. Respect your older hyung!" baekhyun scold him in a light banter. "Since when are you this tall. Oh my god i'm going to cry you're all grown up." "Stop being dramatic mom, you just saw me last week" "Hey stop calling me mom!" "well I think you deserve that title more than my own" The handsome teenager had stated seriously "Lucas...please.." Baekhyun sighed. "Lucas, you know how well your mother treasure you. Both you and your sister." "Well, where was he during the play then hyung? enlighten me" the younger had replied emptily, a fake smile gracing his handsome features.

 

"see? well it was nice seeing you second mother!"

 

"Wait! Lucas where are you heading?!"

 

"I'm walking home. you know how I hate fancy rides right second mom? since it's friday I guess i'll see you later?" the handsome young man had smiled genuinely with a cheery wave as he proceeded his walk in a light step, earning squeals and adoration from female pedestrians. Baekhyun could only stone in silence, exhaling dejectedly. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A heavenly smell of freshly made home cook food spread through the exquisite halls of the lush hotel like house. A beautiful figure is seen standing in deep thought, a fresh crystal glass of whiskey is his only company, until, strong manly arms had encircled itself on his slender waist.

"Well hello to you too dear wife"

 "Kang you're back?"

"lovely to see you again...wife"

The handsome male had smirked slowly as he dived to give his so called 'devil' of a wife a kiss. What his lips meet instead though... is the smooth stunning curve of a neck. "Dodging me again I see? have you forgotten our deal....Kang Taemin?" the man chuckled with a sadistic hiss; tightening his hold on the petite male. A loud bang of the entrance doors interrupted them, as Taemin free himself out of the man's hold.

"Lucas? is that you? How is your day honey? I've made your favourite dish, come have dinner." Taemin approach his son gingerly. "I'm not hungry" the young man grunted, not sparing his beautiful mother a single glance. "Well look at this rebel. An exact replica of his father. What a shame" Kang scoffed as he watch the scene uninterested. Clenching both of his fists, Lucas growled, marching to the older man with rage only to be stopped by his mother. "Lucas. back to your room now!" Taemin ordered, his whole being shake with the thought of upsetting his son. "This place is a joke. and so is this family. Is this what family is? I say we're just strangers forced to live in the same roof. So both of you should stay out my sister, and my life" the young man stated with venom, slamming the door of his room in fury.

Lucas panted in anger as he slide from the door to the cold carpeted floor of his bedroom. Droplets of tears forcing its way out of his rounded eyes, regret settle deep within him. Pulling his necklace out, Lucas mess his hair roughly, whispering ghostly "I'm sorry mom. forgive me." Kissing the necklace carved with his mother's name, Lucas could only curse at how life is treating him. His family.

 

 

 

 

 

"Leave my ing children alone Kang! you don't touch them or speak nonsense to them" Taemin hollered in the privacy of their room. "You've gotten feisty Taemin. You rile me up. Though I love you more for it. you shouldn't forget our deal. Cause I would..."

"hate..."

 

With every word the handsome yet cold man took a closer step.

 

"to"

 

"mark.."

 

"or hurt.."

 

"that beautiful flawless complexion of yours dear wife"

 

Long palms had caress his cheeks, causing a flinch from the so called fierce devil in response.
 

"Well I'm heading for my business trip. And when i'm back I expect a full week of loving, dear wife" the male breathed menacingly, placing a forceful kiss, before leaving taemin to daze in silence. 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun pressed his gasps with his desperate palm in shock as he hid at the cloak room located near his boss's bedroom, a mock up copy of runway clutched tightly in his other hold. He knew the director's marriage hasn't been a walk in the park or harmonious. But the little male had never expected the deep sharp thorns of the ties and relationships in the household. Baekhyun's heart throbbed painfully at the flashback scene repeated in his memory. How he have never seen the respectful figure of his elegant director in such a fragile and raw state. And... deal? What deal

Calming himself down, Baekhyun made his way out of his hiding. Approaching the bedroom baekhyun knock gently to be greeted with no response. "Baekhyun? is that you? I'm in the meeting room" He heard a distant familiar melodious voice. Reaching the space, Baekhyun is welcomed with the sight of his director in his charismatic glory.  His face faultless of any sign of madness or sadness of before. His posture ever so fair; dressed splendidly in a matching printed set of versace satins, a soft pastel cashmere chanel cardigan hugging his shoulders loosely. Placing the book gently, baekhyun could only wait patiently. "How's the shoot preparation for tomorrow? Have you alerted Karl that we're now using his newest collection?" "All prepared director. We manage to secure an agreement with Cartier as wel. They will be sponsoring a special collection of accesories for tomorrow's campaign. Key hyung and I have checked and allocated those to each look as well. Please enjoy your evening director and do not worry." Baekhyun smiled comfortingly. "You always surprise me Baekhyun" Taemin had smiled fondly and warmly. So warm it pained baekhyun's heart. The older male fiddle with his unlit ciggerate, his slender fingers tremble in tremor. His stomach drop in anxiety. "Please. Not infront of Baekhyun." he pleaded in his mind. Yet, a small fickle of light grace him, his loyal lovely assistant had lit his cigerrate carefully, allowing him to release entrancing swirls and puffs of smoke into the air; cherry lips curling in relief. Baekhyun smile with ease as he bow to take his leave.

 

"Baekhyun

 

 

 

 

 

The smaller halted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Thank you.."

 

 

 

 

 

 

A sound allerted a bright tall charming male with adorable ears with excitement. "Baek Honey? You're back?! I'm in the kitchen". Tiny arms hugged him tightly, causing the tall male to chuckle lovingly..that is until, he felt wetness on his back. Turning his overly lanky body to envelope his small fiance in an embrace, Chanyeol coo quietly. "Hey...what's wrong baby? Is it the devil?" with the mention of his director, the small male seem to bury himself to his lover even more, his sobbing turn into cute mumbles of "why..ish..lyfe..so..unf..aiirrhh...wa..i..pre..tty.. an ..gu..od people su..fferhhhklijoikm". Chanyeol could only laugh in amazement, as he rock them gently, "Hey..you did all you can do baby" With that the small shot up as he sniffs. "Thats it! I have to do what all I can do! Thank you babe! you make sense for once" Baekhyun jumped excitedly, kissing his lover/residential chef with joy, skipping his way to the showers. 

 

that's it! he'll somehow find out. He'll fix his beautiful saviour's family! whatever it takes! 

 

Shaking his head at his puppy like fiance, chanyeol jumped at the sound of his phone's hardcore rock ringtone. "aaaaahhhhhhh! Minho hyung! The heck! you almost gave me a heart attack!" The tall man scream-whined to his caller. He huffed as he heard the man's dying high pitched laughter "It's baekhyun isn't it?! I swear I love him. He changed your ringtone again didn't he. What is it this time?" "Linkin Park. Anyways speaking of my fiance. I swear his job will turn him mental one day" Minho's chuckles were covered with a high shriek "CHANYEOL! YOU UGLY YODA!". "Chanyeol please tell me you didn't put another fake cockroach prank" "I didn't" the younger fake innocence. "Hey Minho hyung, when are you coming back? please, It will mean so much to me If you can actually meet and know my fiance in person". The line paused for a moment. Sighing, Minho promised the younger male "I'll think about it". "You're the best hyung! All right I hope to hear from you soon. Please excuse me, I have to save my damsel in distress from the evil cockroach". The line went disconnected. 

 

 

 

 

Warm fingers had trace a seemingly impromptu family photo longingly. Flipping the frame down, Minho walk to his newest artwork located in his cabin house by the sea, a beautiful face reflected by the moonlight.  the canvas, minho's palm turn to fists. Another masterpiece, yet another knife pierced to his heart.

 

 

 

Title of Artwork: "Rival of the moon. L.T." Choi Minho, 2018

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/n: Hello lovelies! That was quite an intense writting process for me. I hope you enjoyed it. I honestly feel a deep attachment to Taemin's character in this story. Please forgive me if there is any spelling mistakes for english is not my first language. Thank you very much to those who had patiently wait and give this story a chance. Thank you ever so much to all my beautiful reader and subscribers. I will strive for improvement as I go. Please keep the comment section as beautiful and positive as you are! much love xx