Sweet cake

Fondant

 

 

 

Eunji is a secretary and she works for the most famous company in South Korea. As a secretary, she's really busy.

 

 

 

 

But her friends will never forget to bring her along for a break or even hang out after their shifts over even when she's super busy on that time.

 

 

Yeah and Eunji was annoyed but grateful at the same time.

 

 

 

 

"Hey I heard there's a new cafe near your house Eunji. You already go there buddy?"

 

 

 

 

 

Bomi, Eunji's friend and co-worker asked as Hayoung, also Eunji's friend and co-worker, nodded.

 

 

 

 

"I haven't and I never know there's a cafe there. The place is really small like who would open a cafe there"

 

 

 

 

Eunji was checking through the files that were given to her with Bomi making a list on a piece of paper and Hayoung was printing something.

 

 

 

 

"What's wrong with that Eunji unnie?"

 

 

 

 

"You can never make a huge profit if your shop is at the end of the city"

 

 

 

 

"You can if the shop is quite popular though. I see no problem with that"

 

 

 

 

Bomi said completely disagree with Eunji's statement.

 

 

 

"Let's go there later after we finish our work"

 

 

Hayoung suggested.

 

 

"Sure. It would be nice going to a new place. I'm sure the service would be excellent"

 

 

Bomi said as she snapped a picture of what she listed and send it to the people above her.

 

 

 

 

"But I still have a lot of work to do. You guys go on without me"

 

 

 

Eunji sadly showed all of the remaining documents which she haven't check.

 

 

 

 

"I'm sure Mr Nam won't be mad. You deserves a break though. You've been working really hard Jung ah"

 

 

 

Bomi trying to cheer up her same age friend.

 

 

 

Eunji had been working her off and she rarely had enough rest. Even when the company gave her a one week vacation she would reject the offer.

 

 

 

She said she loves working better than doing nothing and gain nothing in the end. 

 

 

 

"Come on unnie. I heard the cakes were baked by their own employees. It must be so delicious"

 

 

 

Hayoung tried to fish Eunji in, knowing how huge Eunji's love for cakes.

 

 

 

Eunji's eyes went big and round and sparkly. She thought for a while.

 

 

 

Other than working, Eunji loves cake too. Especially when the cake is prettily decorated with colors and amazingly delicious too.

 

 

 

"Yeah, I guess you're right"

 

 

 

"Awesome. I'll text Mr Nam then"

 

 

Bomi said and sent a text to Mr Nam.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------

 

 

Hayoung skipped happily, leaving the two older girls behind, totally exhausted.

 

 

 

"I told you to take the cab"

 

 

Eunji shook her head and Bomi scrunch her nose.

 

 

 

 

"Urm no. It's your problem cause you don't have a car"

 

 

 

"I prefer cab than driving myself. It's tiring"

 

 

 

Bomi snorted at Eunji's sentence.

 

 

 

"I never knew it's this far. Why did you live so far away Eunji ah?"

 

 

 

Bomi gulped her water, keeping herself hydrated.

 

 

 

"I like quiet and this place is peaceful also the nature is beautiful. Look around and learn to appreciate Yoon"

 

 

 

Eunji swirled around with her arms spread out.

 

 

Bomi noticed the flowers along the way, decorating the path with trees shading the sun.

 

 

Hayoung was also enjoying herself with the nature. She even took some pictures.

 

 

 

After minutes of walking, they finally arrived at their destination.

 

 

 

"Pink Stories Café. Well this is the place"

 

 

Bomi rechecked the address just to make sure eventhough the sign was huge enough.

 

 

 

 

Kring kring

 

 

 

The bell rang as the three walked in. And boy, you can imagine how pretty the cafe was.

 

 

 

They put flowers on the pink wall so it won't be empty and boring. The marble floor and the cute pink chairs and tables. One word to describe it, pinkish.

 

 

 

"Hello. May I show you to your seats?"

 

 

The waiter asked politely with a warm welcoming smile.

 

 

 

Bomi's heart went dugeun dugeun seeing the girl. The girl was shorter than her, long straight black hair, prefectly falling down her shoulders. Her cute nose and the pretty smile.

 

 

 

The three went to their seats and Bomi's eyes were still glued to the cute short girl.

 

 

 

"This idiot"

 

 

 

Hayoung helped Bomi to close which Bomi accidently bited her own tougue.

 

 

 

"Ouchh!"

 

 

Bomi yelped in pain and the two friend panicked, including the waiter.

 

 

 

"Are you alright?"

 

 

The girl asked. Bomi looked up and their eyes met.

 

 

"Y-yeah. I'm fine"

 

 

Bomi showed her toothy smile at the girl with Hayoung and Eunji shooking their heads.

 

 

 

"May I take your orders?"

 

 

 

"Can I have the menu? In which I mean Me n U"

 

 

 

Hayoung smacked Bomi's head and Eunji stomped her foot under the table which made Bomi hissed in pain.

 

 

 

The waiter chuckled and gave them the menu.

 

 

"I'll take the Pink Sandwich and a milk tea"

 

 

Hayoung smiled and the waiter jotted down her order.

 

 

 

"Is there any cake?"

 

 

 

"Oh yes we do serves cakes. The daughter of the owner of this cafe baked it herself. You can choose any type of cake you want at the cake section over there Miss"

 

 

The waiter explained and gave them another warm smile.

 

 

"Alright. Then I would just have cappucino"

 

 

The waiter nodded and turn to Bomi.

 

 

"How about you Miss?"

 

 

"Just call me Bomi. Also soon to be yours-ackk!"

 

 

Eunji stomped Bomi's foot once again and glare at her.

 

 

 

"I mean I want the french toast and also your phone number"

 

 

 

This time, Hayoung pushed Bomi off the chair and made her fell down.

 

 

 

"Oh my Bomi unnie, why can't you sit properly and behave yourself ehem"

 

 

 

Bomi glared at Hayoung but then she realizes the girl was still there. She instantly got to her feet and smile sheepishly.

 

 

 

"Here's your bill. Pay at the counter once you're done. Thank you"

 

 

 

The waiter politely excused herself after giving Bomi the bill.

 

 

 

In the bill, Bomi saw the girl wrote her phone number and Bomi celebrate her small victory.

 

 

 

"I'm gonna look at the cakes. Be right back"

 

 

Eunji made her way to the cake section. There, she saw various type of cakes from cartoons to pretty one.

 

 

 

She look over the counter but it was empty. Eunji saw a small notice saying to ring the bell and so she ring it.

 

 

 

"Coming!"

 

 

 

A small voice came from the back of the cafe. And a tall slender pretty looking girl came out with flour on her apron and face.

 

 

 

She wore the chef hat and her rolled up sleeves making her look hot.

 

 

 

Eunji was paralyzed for a second right there. How can a human covered with flour can be so attractive and gorgous?

 

 

 

"Can I help you?"

 

 

The girl politely asked and gave Eunji a genuine beautiful smile. Eunji's heart was shot by a love arrow.

 

 

Her smile is pretty too. Ah my heart~ what is this feeling?

 

 

 

Eunji remained silent, still staring at her.

 

 

 

"Miss? Are you okey?"

 

 

 

The girl called out and Eunji was snapped back to reality.

 

 

 

"Oh y-yes. I'm fine. Just a bit urm something haha yeah nothing"

 

 

 

Eunji nervously said trying to cover her shame and smile forming her killer eyesmiles.

 

 

 

The girl smile back and she looks shy. Eunji's face went tomato red looking at the now cute girl. From a goddess to a cute shy girl.

 

 

 

 

She's slowly killing me inside

 

 

 

"So what can I get you?

 

 

 

"The best one here well if it's fine with you I mean I don-"

 

 

The girl giggled and it was the cutest to Eunji.

 

 

 

"So far, I think the best one I've ever made is the 'Filov Cake' "

 

 

 

Eunji tilted her head a bit hearing the name of the cake.

 

 

"Filov? Is that an ingrediant?"

 

 

The girl shook her head slightly then moved to the cake displayer, taking a slice of the weird named cake.

 

 

 

"Filov stands for 'First Love'. I made up the name. My father said whoever eats the cake, the person will feel loved. Like it's the first time they felt love"

 

 

 

The girl gave Eunji the cake and Eunji took a bite.

 

 

 

The flavours were mixed well and it blends in perfectly. The texture was not too hard or too soft. It was just right to be chewed and the fondant melts in Eunji's mouth. 

 

 

 

Eunji was in cloud nine for a minute.

 

 

 

"I'm glad you like it"

 

 

 

The girl smile sweetly to Eunji and it melts Eunji's soft little heart.

 

 

"So do you want the Filov cake? We also take orders from the customers for cake reservation"

 

 

 

Eunji nodded and paid her cake. Eunji was about to leave but came back to the counter.

 

 

 

"Urm can I have your phone number? You know for the reservation I mean I'm not bad too I'm aish nevermind"

 

 

The girl giggled again and it was music to Eunji's ears.

 

 

"Sure. My name is Naeun by the way. Son Naeun" 

 

 

The pretty girl named Naeun gave Eunji her business card.

 

 

 

"Son Naeun. What a pretty name"

 

 

 

Eunji smiled and showing her eyesmiles.

 

 

 

"I like your eyesmiles and you're kinda cute"

 

 

 

Eunji's face turn crimson red after receiving such compliment from the girl.

 

 

 

She rubbed the back of her neck and lowered her head due to the extreme shyness.

 

 

 

"I haven't get your name though"

 

 

 

"O-oh. My name is Jung Eunji. Nice to meet you Son Naeun-sshi"

 

 

 

Eunji bowed as a respect and Naeun bowed back.

 

 

 

"I think I have to go now. My friends are waiting for me"

 

 

 

"Yeah you should. They were looking at us the whole time"

 

 

Naeun pointed to where Bomi and Hayoung were. Eunji turn to look at them and they quickly shifted their gazes to something else.

 

 

 

"Don't mind them. Well, see you later"

 

 

 

Eunji walked back to her table with a huge smile plastered on her face.

 

 

 

"Ooooo someone got herself a hot date"

 

 

Hayoung wriggled her eyebrows at Eunji.

 

 

"I got myself a date too. Chorong is just the cutest human on earth"

 

 

 

Bomi dreamily said, praising her Chorong.

 

 

"Chorong who?"

 

 

"The waiter earlier"

 

 

Hayoung told Eunji everything.

 

 

"You slick girl Bomi"

 

 

Bomi made a proud face and Eunji snorted.

 

 

 

"So unnie, that girl looks pretty. You like her?"

 

 

Eunji look at the said girl then look at the cake she bought.

 

 

 

"Do you know the phrase 'Looks doesn't matter' ?"

 

 

 

Hayoung and Bomi nodded and look at each other.

 

 

"I think I finally understand that phrase now"

 

 

Hayoung and Bomi got more confused.

 

 

 

"What do you mean by that Eunji?"

 

 

 

Bomi asked, looking at her weirdly.

 

 

 

"I fall in love with the cake she bakes. Her looks is just extra"

 

 

 

 

Eunji smiled while taking another spoonful of the cake.

 

 

 

 

Just like what Naeun said, Eunji felt love like the first time.