The Arrival of the King

The Warrior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7 - The Arrival of the King

 

 

Silla Kingdom. A kingdom once ruled by a King well known for his glory yet died tragically. A tragedy that unfortunately befell his beloved daughter, the princess.

However, no one knew that the princess was still alive. Nor did they know that she was trying to return to the life she once had.

There she laid, hopeless, her face nestled on the ground and her eyes closed. It wasn't until she felt the nudge of an unknown source that she began to stir and open her eyes.

When she gazed up with blurred vision, she was greeted with dark eyes and the strong outline of what appeared to be a horse. It leaned down to nudge at her again, almost as if beckoning her to stay awake.

Reaching to touch it, she struggled to lift herself off the ground. Each of her bones ached, feeling brittle and unstable as if ready to break at any given second. Her head pulsed with a sharp pain, causing her to wince and rub at her throbbing temple.

Rising to her feet, she moved almost unconsciously. She climbed atop the steed and grasped at its thick mane, trying her best not to slip off. Please take me somewhere.

Her eyes fell closed again, and the wind blew gently against her skin as the horse galloped off toward an unknown destination.

 

 

Staring at the young man before him, Baekhyun sighed.

"How is he?" the gentle voice of his wife startled him, and he scowled softly, shaking his head.

"He hasn't spoken at all since the incident."

Taeyeon glanced over, only to find Sehun staring out the window, a hollow look in his eyes.

"What about his mother?"

"She's missing," Baekhyun replied with a soft sigh. "Chanyeol told him she couldn't be found within the castle walls. It seems she hasn't returned to his house either. It's devastated him." Baekhyun gazed at his wife, thanking God he still had her. He couldn't imagine if the same situation had happened to him. "Chanyeol said it's not safe for him to be in the village. The King and his troops will surely kill him. He thought that our place would be the safest for now."

"And yet Sehun still hasn't said a word."

Baekhyun nodded.

Those dark eyes had grown dull and empty. Sehun could no longer see his loved ones. Their voices were a fading memory, their love a lost warmth. If there was one thing that could do, it was to find his mother no matter what.

However, he had to accept that his princess was gone and would not come back. He could feel the ring resting on his palm, the metal subtly warm from his grasp while he felt nothing but unpleasantly cold. Every time he looked at the silver band, his mood would only descend further. A constant reminder of everything that had happened.

He could never forget what they had done nor would he ever forgive them.

Never.

 

 

A woman made her way to the castle gates, forcing her way toward the guarded doors before being abruptly halted.

"Step away, ma'am," a solemn guard warned her.

"Please, you must let me in. I must see him!" she cried, panting from the struggle of trying to get in.

"You must be granted permission from the King to enter," the guard specified as the group stood their ground. "Otherwise, we cannot allow you access."

"That is why I must speak with him," she cried, trying to break free from the guard's restraint. "Please," she paused, her voice growing firm with determination. "Just tell your king my name."

 

 

A young girl with silk raven hair sat at her throne, a crown atop her head. Indeed, this was Princess Tzuyu of Goguryeo Kingdom. Gazing toward her father, the young girl looked upon her King before one of the soldiers abruptly entered the room.

"What has happened?" the King of Goguryeo was wise, and it showed to his kingdom. He was someone who had power and control for many years.

"A woman insists on entering the castle, Your Majesty," the soldier replied.

"And you couldn't even handle that?" the King's eyebrow rose with the question.

"We could, Your Majesty, and we were prepared to send her off. However, she is firm that we tell you—“

"Tell me what?" the King's voice rose with impatience.

"Her name, Your Majesty," the guard paused at the King's questioning expression. "She has announced herself as Ye Ryung."

The King became silent, all impatience forgotten and expression suddenly frozen.

The name brought back many memories. Memories the King had chosen to forget long ago. His daughter noticed the falter in her father's expression with a grimace.

"Who is she, father?"

"Tzuyu…" The King was speechless, shaken by the sudden arrival at their gates. After a brief pause, the King acknowledged the soldier again. "Let her in," he demanded.

"Yes, Your Majesty." The soldier bowed and departed to follow his King's command.

Not long after that, a woman entered the hall, accompanied by two guards.

"Ye Ryung." The kingdom's ruler stood at her presence, a look only described as disbelief painted across his face.

"Please." Ye Ryung trembled. These were not the circumstances she had ever wanted to reunite under. "Please, you are a King. I know—“" She collapsed to her knees. "I know you'll be able to do it."

Though the scene before them had captured the room's attention, it was nothing compared to the surprise on everyone's face as the King began to descend from his throne, stepping down to the shaken woman and bending down to speak with her.

"Please," she begged. "Find him."

"Find who?"

"Find him." She stared into his eyes. "Your son."

The room was filled with gasps and murmurs revolving around Ye Ryung's words. Tzuyu stared down at her father from her spot on her throne. Her expression was complete disbelief at what she had heard.

"My son?"

It was impossible. The King's eyes widened in shock.

Ye Ryung nodded and cried. "Your son, Sehun." Her eyes showed nothing but sincerity, not an ounce of distrust to be seen.

The King was stunned. The room became heavy with silence, the feeling of shock mutual amongst his people. The people of Goguryeo Kingdom had a prince. A kingdom known for being incredibly powerful, conquering many lands and holding their territory due to the fear other kingdoms had toward waging any sort of war against them. Sehun was the King’s son, and the true heir of this land should the King pass. Their veins were pumped with the same blood after all.

The long lost prince.

 

Elsewhere

 

 

"I'm leaving now," a young man shouted, stepping out of his home with an axe slung across his back.

"You'll be back before sundown, right?" his wife asked, appearing at the doorway. He grinned, turning to her. He ran his fingers through her beautiful brunette hair and tucked a stray strand behind her ear.

"Missing me already? I only took a step out of the house," he teased with an amused wink.

His wife giggled, pulling him closer. The two connected for a passionate kiss, and she ran delicate fingers through his ash brown hair. "Won't you miss me more?" she whispered, her lips lingering against his as a reminder of what awaited him upon his return.

"Will you two just get a room?"

The two turned at the young girl's voice. She gave them a look of mock distaste for the public affection.

"Kris and Joy are newlyweds, Yeri." Another girl came to her side, watching the couple in a dreamy daze.

"We live in a free country," Kris said simply with a shrug of his shoulders. Joy just giggled at their antics, staying in her husband's embrace. "You girls could get married if you had boyfriends," he added with a wicked smirk.

"Kris, you jerk." Yeri leapt toward Kris, shaking him by the neck.

"Hmm," the other girl, Seulgi, mumbled in thought. "We might live free, but I'm not sure Sangju is a country."

Sangju was known as a free land by its people. Though it was fair in size, the land belonged to the people as it had yet to be conquered by any kingdom or emperor. Though not widely populated, the land was lush and provided what its current population needed.

"Are you leaving already, Kris?" a woman asked, walking out of the neighboring restaurant. She smiled at the small group. Known across the town as the 'village flower', Mrs. Hana was the local restaurant owner and a kind figure in the community. "Girls, I think Wendy needs some assistance in the kitchen."

"Right away, Auntie Hana," Yeri and Seulgi exclaimed in unison. They bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter