For The Sake of All

Dinner Is Served!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

1 Hour Before Dinner

 

"I'm sorry I'm a little late, Taeng. It's just that I really don't wanna be here tonight." Hyoyeon whispered as she hugged the latter. 

"I'm sorry too, Hyo. You don't know how happy you've made us feel." Taeyeon smiled as she patted the girl's back. "Come on in, everyone's here."

 

After she's done with faking crying to Taeyeon, Hyoyeon went to the living room as Taeyeon headed to the kitchen to see whether her wife, Tiffany needed some help getting the food ready, even though Tiffany had already told her multiple times that she wanted to do everything herself, Taeyeon being a good wife she is, still went in from time to time to check in just in case. Meanwhile, Hyoyeon greeted and hugged everyone in the living room.

"Hey, Seo. Where's Yoong?" Hyo asked the younger girl as she took a seat next to her. 

"She got some business to handle in Busan" Seohyun replied softly.

"Lucky bastard." Hyo cursed as Seohyun smiled weakly, not liking the way Hyoyeon addressed her lover though it was perfectly understandable. They did some catch up before all of sudden Hyoyeon lashed out, loudly for everyone in the living room to hear but low enough to not reach the kitchen.

 

"I don't get it. Why the hell do I need to sit through this? It's not like I'm trying to get into her pants." Folding her arms together, Hyoyeon protested as she huffed her bang away from her face.

"Dude, that's Taeyeon's wife." Sooyoung scolded the older girl.

"Exactly why I don't wanna get into her pants." Hyo replied, rolling her eyes at the latter.

"Still a very disgusting thing to say." Yuri defended before shooting an apologetic look to her date next to her, Jessica. 

 

"Say Jessica, what kind of work do you do?" Sunny turned to Jessica, trying to change the subject as fast as she could.  

Startled by Sunny's sudden question, Jessica took some time to answer the latter's question. "Uhm... I'm a accountant at the... SMB." She replied softly.

"SM Bank?" Sooyoung asked, quirking her eyebrows.

"Yes."

"I heard they have a great health care benefits. Is it true?" Seohyun joined in questioning the girl.

"Well, yeah, it's pretty great. I mean I can get a dental check up for free anytime and anywhere. Well, It's not really free, but I can claim my money back, so it's sort the same thing." Jessica explained to her audiences which is made up of her date, a couple, a polite girl and a sort of weird girl.

"How did you two met?" Hyoyeon asked, motioning her finger back to back between Yuri and Jessica which earned a glare from the tall-tanned skin girl.

"Well..." Jessica paused, she looked at Yuri as if asking for a permission from the latter and when she saw Yuri nodded, she continued. "I got into an accident a few months ago, it was nothing heavy but I got a cut on my right knee. I went to the hospital to get fix up and--"

"She was your doctor? Aww... That's so sweet!" Sunny shrieked at the thought of Yuri mending Jessica's knee. Her excitement was joined by the youngest girl, Seohyun who was clapping her hands vigorously at the romantic tale causing both Yuri and Jessica to blush. But the same excitement didn't get through two other people who was looking at Yuri with disgust. 

"I could do that too if I was a DOCTOR." Hyoyeon scoffed under her breath, low but loud enough for Sooyoung to hear it which the latter nodded, agreeing. 

"That's honestly so sweet. Yul never told us anything other than how beautiful you are." Sunny joked which caused Yuri and Jessica to blush even harder. 

 

"What's so sweet?" A voice suddenly joined in, making everyone jumped and simultaneously turned their heads towards the direction of the voice. When they all realized who she was, they all cheered especially Seohyun. 

"I thought you're not coming back until tomorrow's morning." Seohyun howled as she kissed Yoong on the lips.

"I asked for early leave." Yoona chuckled as she hugged her girlfriends and took another kiss. 

"Oh, get a room!" Hyoyeon hissed at the lovebirds. 

"Sorry, Hyo. Haven't see her for 3 days." Yoong replied sheepishly, scratching her head as her girlfriend smiled apologetically. Yoona then went around greeting everybody in the room.

Confused Taeyeon came out to the living room after hearing a ruckus, coming from Yuri wrestling in with Yoona on the floor as Hyoyeon and Sooyoung cheered them on, while Sunny and Seohyun trying to convince Jessica that's everything is fine.

 

"Sorry, Taeng, the door was unlocked so I just walked in." Yoona said as she walked to hug the latter, brushing off the dust of her shoulder. Behind the tall girl was Yuri laying on the floor, out of breath. She was muttering something but it wasn't clear to Taeyeon's ear. All she could catch were "Blood" , "Murder" and "Dead". Meanwhile, Hyoyeon furiously handing Sooyoung some money who took it with with a smug plastered on her face while Sunny and Seohyun STILL trying to convince Jessica that's everything is fine.

"It's okay, Yoong" Taeyeon replied with a smile after they broke the hug. She was more concerned about who's going to clean the mess up. Yoona then turned around to look at Yuri who was struggling to stand up. 

"Give up, old man. I don't want to break your brittle bones" Yoona taunted the older girl which earned a grunt from the latter. 

"I was just giving you a chance to win."

"Well, you're very generous then since you haven't won a single time."

"Haven't won a single time THIS YEAR, THIS YEAR." Yuri protested as Yoona laughed. 

"I think it's safe to assume that this, whatever this is, will happen again in the future." Jessica turned to Sunny and Seohyun who exchanged a look before looking back at Jessica.

"Honestly... yes."

 

 

====

 

20 Minutes Before Dinner.

 

"Taeyeon, please. You gotta help us." A voice can be heard talking from somewhere around in the house, or the second floor bathroom to be exact. 

"I want to... but she work so hard for tonight. Last night, I heard her reading recipes for tonight's cooking. In. Her. ing. Sleep." 

"I know you love her Taeng, we all do, but to force us like this...Is--Is.. Madness." Sooyoung added as she waved her hands around, a bit exaggerating according to Taeyeon.

"Taeyeon, buddy, listen." Yuri paused. She placed both of her hands on Taeyeon's shoulder. "We've been best buddy since we're in college. I have always think of you as a sister. More than a sister perhaps. A soulmate."

"Cheesy... " Sooyoung snorted. 

"Shut up Soo, I'm tryna making a point here." Yuri shushed the taller girl. "Anyways, my point is... do you really want to see me, your beloved sister, to suffe--"

"Is this about Jessica?" Taeyeon interjected the tanned girl. 

"I really like her, okay?" She whined without missing a beat. 

"You should've thought about that when you're wrestling Yoong on the floor 30 minutes ago." Taeyeon scoffed. 

"Jessica is a really nice girl, she would understand if her date wants to go on a lil' rumble once in a while which is why I don't want whatever Tiffany is cooking chasing her away." Yuri replied with firm persistence.

"Yeah, Taeyeon. I agreed with whatever Yuri is saying, plus Sunny got a school trip with her students." Sooyoung added. 

"I thought the trip is on next week?" Taeyeon Inquired doubtfully, her eyebrows quirked.

"We don't want to take any chances with Tiffany's cooking" Soo explained as Yuri nodded vigorously.

"Taeyeon, please. For us." Yuri pleaded as she grabbed something from the jean's pocket and showed it to Taeyeon, 'the thing' that could save them all. 

Taeyeon sighed as she took the small packet from Yuri's hand, staring at it with a knot of guilt in her stomach.

"Taeyeon, you're doing a very noble job here." Sooyoung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter