Surprise Novel

Want to try my thing?

A/N: Okay, so you might expect the characters here will be just like how they acted in School 2013. I think it’s quite, or big, of a difference from how they were in the series. My apologies if this isn’t the way you wanted it.

 

“What the…”

I felt something cold hit my forearm just as I was reaching down to tie my shoelace and looked up only to see the dark clouds hanging above my head. I scrunch my face remembering what the weather forecast said earlier; it would be a bright and sunny day.

“How sarcastic,” I jogged up to the small bungalow in front of me and thanked all odds for the close distance between me and the house. I regret thanking them when I stepped on my untied shoelace and landed face-first on the puddle. Am I called lucky or not? I didn’t break my face, that’s good, but now I’m soaking wet from the puddle that I swear wasn’t there before. “Curse the weather reporter.” I know the meteorologists are the ones I’m supposed to blame, or maybe myself, but it’s the reporter’s fault for reporting the wrong news.

I stood up with a groan and continued my way to the house. I entered and removed my shoes I’m wearing which will surely smell if I don’t let it dry on time, but I guess that won’t happen since it looks like the sun will be showing its bright light and give its hug tomorrow. And now I’m thinking like a little girl.

“I’m home!” I spoke out loud for my friend to know my presence but instead of hearing a decent reply, I heard a commotion coming from the bedroom. I, being the protective and cool “big brother” I am, run to the room not minding the drip of water I’m spreading across the house.

“What? Wha—,” a pillow went straight to my face and saw a thrashing Nam Soon on the bed. Maybe I exaggerated a bit. After a few seconds of standing and watching my thrashing friend, I’ve come to realize that he was just very, very into the book he’s holding and if I’m not mistaken, that book isn’t a manga or manhwa! I didn’t see a glimpse of drawing in the pages and I swear that kid doesn’t ever read a book that doesn’t have a drawing. But what surprised me the most wasn’t the stupid big grin on his face, but the cover picture of the book.

“What the hell are you reading?” I strode towards him while extending my hand to take a good look at the book. He momentarily stopped thrashing, and I swear his lap has already turned red from the slapping he did. He’s just like a girl. Who guy, in his right state of mind, does that? Oh right, my friend does. He giggled at me and he looked like a person who just took illegal drugs.

“This? It’s a book, Heung Soo,” he raised the book at me showing me the obvious.

“I know. But why’s there two guys on the cover page?" I shifted on my other foot and pointed my index finger at him quite hesitantly, "Don’t tell me you’ve changed your sides!”

“It’s a BL novel, Heung Soo,” he shrugged and ignored the last thing I said, or rather asked. He then proceeded in reading the book like how I was dripping wet wasn’t important at all. “And please get out of my room. You’re making the floor wet plus I don’t want to bother taking care of your soon-to-be corpse body when you get sick.”

“BL? What’s that?” I ignored what he said and went to the wardrobe to get my clothes. I looked over to see him giving me a smug look and a long shrug.

“Boys’ love,” I think I just felt a crow fly pass just above my head.

“B…Boys’ love?!” I dropped the clothes I was holding and my mouth also fell at the same time. He said it like it was the most normal thing in the world! I furrowed my brows at him, “Why the hell are you reading that?”

“It’s my thing,” he looked at me with a blank face and I saw a flash of pain in his eyes but was quickly covered with a playful glare. “You’ve got any problem?” He smirked at me and I’d prefer that than a sulking Nam Soon.

“N-no.” I turned and was making my way out of the room when he I heard him utter rather huskily.

 “By the way, you look hot when you’re wet.”