final

The Funny Guy

"GOOD MORNING~" Mir sang-shouted once he burst out of his room with so much energy and brightness.
    GO who was enjoying his coffee in the kitchen jumped in shock. "Argh! I got it in my nose!" GO complained, face scrunched up and his eyes glaring at Mir who came running to the kitchen.
    Mir laughed without restraint when he saw the black coffee now had dirtied GO's unshaven face. His obnoxious laugh only managed to woke Seungho up in bad mood.
    "Ya! Keep it low!" Seungho grumbled as he walked out of the room and into the kitchen like a zombie, not forgetting to knocked on the side of Mir's head begrudgingly.
    "Owwie~" Mir whined and rubbed the side of his head, messing his bed hair even more.
    "We need to get ready for schedule anyway." GO mumbled from the sink, already washing away the coffee. "I'll take a shower-" Before he could finish, he heard the bathroom door slammed shut and Mir was no longer in the kitchen, leaving him and Seungho whom practically sprawled on the kitchen counter, sleeping. "Aisy! That brat!"
    Mir didn't take long. 15 minutes later he was already out with his unkempt hair which simply just being blown dry without being styled. "You can go in now." Mir announced, climbing on the kitchen counter next to Seungho and took out a box of cereal, eating those directly.
    "Eat your breakfast properly." GO nagged, throwing his towel over his shoulder.
    Mir stuck out his tongue and just chewed loudly to annoy his hyung. And when GO stomped away with a loud sigh, Mir laughed cheekily, before his mischievous laugh slowly died down as his eyes trailed over to Seungho who was now snoring loudly now and another mischief glint light up his round eyes.
    Quietly, while his pink tongue poking out from the corner of his lips, Mir took two star-shaped cereal pieces and put it into Seungho's noses. He jumped off the counter and ran away before Seungho woke up and what he heard was Seungho hollering his name behind him,
    "BANG CHEOLYONG!"
    "I LOVE YOU TOO, HYUNG!" Mir shouted back, throwing himself into Joon and Thunder's shared bedroom which were only used when they had group schedule for consecutive days and jumped the other two of MBLAQ members who were still sleeping peacefully along the chaos that was pretty much every morning routine.
    He jumped onto Thunder first, flattening himself on the sleeping figure and tickled the figure under the blanket. Thunder squirmed and kicked Mir off until Mir rolled to Joon's side.
    "Yah! Wake up you two! We got interview in a half!" Mir tried to pull the blanket that fully covered both Joon and Thunder and he succeeded. But of course they were still trying to sleep. "Ohohoho." Mir tsk-ed and bowed down to Joon and started to pressed his lips on Joon's cheek and blew air, making weird noises.
    Joon swatted Mir and used his pajama sleeves to wipe the saliva Mir left on his face. "Yah! That's disgusting." 
    "That's your morning kiss. Now wake up!"
    Joon pulled up, all the while grumbling his complaint on how Mir always so energetic and it annoyed him.
    Mir chuckled and went down on Thunder this time, again, lying on  top of Thunder. "Wake up, hyung." He whispered and blew cold air into Thunder's ears, knowing how sensitive Thunder's ears were. But Thunder kept squeezing his eyes shut, unwilling to wake up after a long busy night filled with tiring performances. "I'll count to three. 1... 2... 3..." Seeing as Thunder still unresponsive, Mir became a bit more violent as this time his sharp teeth sunk into the lobe of Thunder's right ear and he tugged on it until Thunder woke up, screaming in pain and only then he let go. "HAH! Wake up already!" He laughed at how bright red Thunder's pulsating ear now. Almost as the same shade of Thunder's hot pink hair.
    "I hate you."
    "I love you too, Dongie hyung."
    Now that the last member of the group had woken up, they hustle-bustle through the dorm, getting ready for the start of their day before jogging out of the dorm.
    Mir was still very much energetic through the ride from the dorm to the studio where their interview will be conducted, or rather more energetic. 
    Of course it annoyed the other hyungs, especially when they were all so tired from the packed schedule which seemed to never end but not too later, Mir's brightness and energy had became contagious and in the end, all of them were having a ridiculous spontaneous rap battle in the van with some absurd topic such as, Mir's smelly feet, Joon's big head, Thunder's octopus voice, GO's hobo beard and Seungho's ahjushi belly.
    By the time Seungho finished his, surprisingly, quite rhythmic rap, the van were already skidded in front of the building.
    All the MBLAQ members filed out of the van. "Hyung, you shouldn't rap so seriously. You should make it funny." Mir complained.
    Seungho laughed, "I guess I am just that talented."
    Snorting, Mir mumbled, "I'm the main rapper here, I could have done better if I'm being serious."
    "Yea. Yea." Seungho ruffled Mir's red hair, fixing the wild hair a bit to be more presentable.
    All five members entered the studio and saw  the set with seven chairs, with two of them being slightly distant which meant they were for the MC's later. Choosing the centre, Mir raced Thunder to the chair located in the middle of the five chair. 
    Thunder was fast but Mir stopped him halfway by jumping on the older's back almost knocking the older off his feet.
    "Hey! GET OFF!" Thunder shrieked and cough when he felt Mir's skinny arms tightened around his neck. "Joon hyung! Help me!"    
    Joon who was distracted with his phone to even notice the battle for the chair looked up and took a long minute to register the situation before he sauntered to the maknae line and started slapping hard on Mir's bum. "Get off. Look, Seungho hyung sat there already."
    Mir and Thunder snapped their head at Seungho who was now sitting like a boss at the centre chair and whined, "HYUNG~" Harmoniously.
    "What? I'm the leader." Seungho answered with broad smile.
    Mir jumped off of Thunder and watched as Joon sat on Seungho's right and went for the chair on Seungho's left. GO sat beside Mir while Thunder settled next to Joon.
    Once the crew started gathering around, all five stood up and politely greeted them and the two female MC's that came to join them.
    They could be playful but Seungho had always reminded them to keep their manner.
    The interview were filled with laughter and when one of the MC's asked to show the dance point of smoky girl, GO pointed to Mir instead of Joon, their official main dancer of MBLAQ just to make it more fun.
    Taking up the challenge, Mir stood up and started dance silly even with exaggerated noise, gaining laughter from the MC's and the whole crew set.
    Until GO pulled Mir to sit back and apologize for such horrible sight of Mir dancing and finally Joon was pushed to the front to salvage whatever little y-chic image MBLAQ had left which almost nonexistent.
    "What each of you are in charge for?"
    Starting from Joon, "I... Urm. I guess I'm the married man?" He laughed embarrassingly, referring to the show we got married he was currently participating in.
    "I'm in charge of the smell." GO answered monotonously, not even putting off his poker face at his out of world answer.    
    Seungho laughed. "Joonie is good in performing, GO is a damn great vocal." He corrected kindly.
    "And you?"
    Seungho shrugged, trying to answer at least one question seriously. "I'm the leader."
    "The maknaes?" The MC's threw an anticipating look at both Mir and Thunder alternately.
    "I'm the funny one." Mir answered casually.
    "They are kind of short on one guy... I meant we need five to fill the camera. So..." Thunder shrugged, smiling when the others laughed at his epic answer.
    "These days, do you guys know it was a trend for younger man to date an older female?"
    Mir nodded enthusiastically, while the others simply made a noise of agreement and some nodded absentmindedly.
    "Do you guys like to date older or younger?"
    "I like Taeyeon noona!" Mir announced.
    "I don't mind as long as they suit me and we have good chemistry." Seungho answered with shy smile.
    "Yea, me too." The others agreed.    
    "Older woman like to date manly young man." Mir blurted out.
    "How is it?"
    "I can show by an act." Mir grinned. "You know the act Lee Byunghun did in a movie?"
    Without being told, Mir stood up himself but both Seungho and GO tried to stop him with exaggerated terrified look.
    "NO! NOT THAT!" Joon shouted while laughing from the side.
    "OMG! I can't look at that again!" Thunder hid his face in his palms when Mir started to put on a serious look on his face with a what supposed to be an intense gaze. But somehow it just look funny.
    "Tell me. Tell me. For ten years under your shadow... Tell me. TELL ME NOW! Tell me. I said tell me- humph ffumph."
    Joon's palm over Mir's lips successfully stopped the youngest, dragging the maknae back to his chair while the leader hyung apologized for such cringe-inducing act from the maknae, bowing to the camera with help from GO.
    They finished their interview with so much fun and spent the rest of the day going here and there to perform and to interview until it was nine in the night and they ended at their practice room in their company building despite already too drained to even move a muscle.
    "We'll just go through the dance for three times and I think we can go back and rest." Seungho said and threw a concerned look at Mir who was sitting at one corner with his back against the mirror wall.
    Mir caught the leader's stare and flashed his toothy grin that lift off Seungho's worries. "Assa! Just three round!" He jumped up and skipped to his position while the other just dragged their feet forward.
    "I just can't understand how can you still be so bright." Joon grumbled tiredly but he was the one with the most intense move when they start to dance.
    "He's our ball of energy." Thunder grinned and patted Mir's red hair when his dance move made him cross path with Mir.
    Mir retorted by turning his head up and tried to bite Thunder's hand which made the others laugh.
    They did their best despite it was only practice and finished it at eleven before heading back to the dorm to finally get their most needed sleep.
    "GOODNIGHT HO HYUNG! GOODNIGHT FUR HYUNG! GOODNIGHT JOON HYUNG! GOODNIGHT GAEDONG! GOODNIGHT EVERYONE!"
    "Yah! Why don't I get the hyung behind?" Thunder complained before retiring to his room with Joon trotted behind or rather being pushed by Joon who was complaining on how tired he was into the room.
    "STOP CALLING ME FUR-HYUNG OR I WILL NOT LET YOU SLEEP TONIGHT!" GO's voice boomed from his own room.
    "Goodnight Cheolyong-ah. Don't read the manga and sleep." Seungho reminded before shutting the door to his room.    
    "Okay~" Mir back-tracked into his room and shut the door a bit too loud.
    "YAH! I DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR A NEW DOOR AGAIN!" GO's voice boomed again.
    "Opps. SORRY~" Mir laughed loudly before his hand went up to the lock and turned it with a soft click.
    Just when the door finally locked, it was like a cue and the bright mask fall on the floor, shattered, but Mir knew, the mask will be there again, stuck on his skin tomorrow, like every other days before.    
    Mir let out an inaudible sigh and rested his forehead on the door. His eyes lost the light. His lips lost the smile. His body lost the power.
    It was tiring to play the funny guy. Mir didn't know how long he can hold up the act.
    Dragging his tired body to his bed, he plopped down almost lifelessly on the bed, bouncing slightly from the springy mattress.
    Without him noticing it, his tears silently fall down his cheeks in continuous stream.  He didn't sob, he didn't wail. His tears just fall without a sound.
    Mir turned to his side, wet eyes staring at the picture frame of all five of MBLAQ when they were at the fan-meeting with all of their beloved A+ decorating their background. It was one of their largest fan-meet up to now.
    And their fans have certain expectation.
    He had to be that happy puppy, bubbly baby of the group but he didn't realize when was all of those happiness had became just and act. When exactly his smile, his action, his laugh, his words became fake?
    When exactly that he started to lose himself?
    Mir shook his head. "No, I need to keep up. Get your together Bang Cheolyong!" He hissed to himself with closed eyes, hoping when he opened back his eyes, miraculously, he would get back his inspire, the drive that he used to have to achieve his dream.
    But no. It never came back.
    Why was he always like this. His body moving forwards yet his thinking moving backward. He wished to turn back time. To those days when the happiness he felt were genuine.
    Not this numb achy feeling he constantly have gnawing in his chest. And it was getting worse day by day.
    Mir gave up. It was okay to have the night to himself, right? At least in the night where everyone was sleeping, he was allowed to wallow in his self-despair.. For never being good enough.
    Let him drown in the night so the next morning he can keep up the act again. And let that cycle that was slowly destroying him until he would one day no longer remember how happy he used to be to start again and there would be no way back. To fake it everything again.
    As the funny guy.

 

 

Will someone hear my silent cry of help before the light in me die out and left me in pitch black...