Final

Balsam

Byun Baekhyun ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ ZYX

 

"Baekhyun! You like someone, who is it?" Jongdae asked looking over Baekhyun's shoulder.

 

Kyungsoo looked at the commotion on his left and noticed the writings on Baekhyun's notebook. "ZYX? Is he from our year?"

 

Baekhyun blushed and immediately closed his notebook. "I-its nothing guys".

 

Baekhyun looked around trying to find a diversion when he noticed all the girls comparing their nails. "Hey what are the girls doing?", he asked his two friends.

 

"Winter is coming soon so they dyed their nails", Jongdae explained.

 

Baekhyun, still confused, looked at Kyungsoo for help. "It's said that if your dyed nails made it during the first snow you'll marry your first love."

 

Baekhyun sat there in disbelief. M-marry? my first love?

 

By now the said male was daydreaming making his two friends give him weird looks.

 

"Huh, Soo you dyed yours too?" Baekhyun asked noticing something red on Kyungsoo's nails.

 

Kyungsoo raised his pinky finger and nodded, "Mhm, Jongin made me do it"

 

Jongdae and Baekhyun, the self proclaimed co-presidents of the Kaisoo fan club, were squealing. "That's so cute Soo. I'm jealous", Jongdae pouted.

 

Baekhyun smiled at how lucky his best friend was. It was no secret that Jongin and Kyungsoo were a couple, of course with Jongin proclaiming his love for the senior every time they met.

 

Baekhyun still remembered when him and Kyungsoo were still sophomores and Jongin was that one freshman who caught everyone's attention, including his best friend's.

 

The two officially became a couple when Jongin announced his feelings for Kyungsoo after his dance solo at the Spring Festival, in front of the entire school.

 

I wish I hade someone like that!!!

 

When Baekhyun got home he immediately went to his mother. "Mom mom mom can you dye my nails please please please." Baekhyun begged, giving his mom his best puppy eyes.

 

His mother patted his head and said, "Sure, go pick some garden balsam flowers and leaves outside."

 

Baekhyun immediately ran to their garden, picking the best garden balsam. Just you wait for me Zhang Yixing!

 

Soon after, his mom crushed the flowers and leaves together then added some alum powder. She placed the dye on his son's nails and wrapped it in cling wrap. "This will be ready tomorrow when you wake up", she smiled. Baekhyun looked at his wrapped fingers in amazement.

 

The next day his two friends noticed his dyed nails immediately. "Yah Baekhyun! You dyed your nails too!" Jongdae yelled making some of their classmates turn their attention towards them. 

 

Baekhyun hid his nails and blushed. "Be quiet Dae".

 

"Baekhyun-ah do you have a first love you want to marry too?" Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun with his big doe eyes making Baekhyun feel like he was under a magnifying glass. Jongdae caught on and immediately join in on the interrogation.

 

"It's a secret!"

 

Little do they know a certain classmate was overhearing their conversation.

 

Park Chanyeol had liked Byun Baekhyun ever since middle school. The two were alway competitive and would always tease each other. As they grew up, Chanyeol began to notice how beautiful Baekhyun really was. 

 

When he was younger, he liked Baekhyun for his free spirit and overall positive energy all the time. Now, senior year, Chanyeol likes Baekhyun for everything that he is.

 

Jongdae was very loud. As soon as Chanyeol heard Jongdae yelling about Baekhyun's dyed nails it immediately caught his attention.

 

He tried to pretend that he was talking to Seonghyun, the girl who sat in front of Baekhyun.

 

"Baekhyun-ah do you have a first love you want to marry too?" Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun with his big doe eyes making Baekhyun feel like he was under a magnifying glass. Jongdae caught on and immediately join in on the interrogation.

 

"It's a secret!"

 

Baekhyun likes someone? What about me!

 

Chanyeol was determined to find the person who caught his Baekhyun's attention.

 

When it was lunch time, Chanyeol snuck in the classroom and went to Baekhyun's desk. There has to be a clue here somewhere.

 

He noticed the notebook Baekhyun was scribbling on the other day.

 

Byun Baekhyun ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ ZYX

 

ZYX? Who the is ZYX?

 

Chanyeol sat at his desk that night trying to think of who this ZYX person could be.

 

"Master Chanyeol it's time for dinner" His butler came in and Chanyeol immediately had an idea. "Hyung, do we have some garden balsam?" 

 

Over at the Byun household Baekhyun was sat in front of the tv watching the news. "It's seems like winter might come a little late this year!"

 

Baekhyun pouted, he's been trying to keep his dyed nails for so long that his nails looks like a witch's now.

 

"Yah Byun Baekhyun! I will not have you in my house with those nails" His mother yelled holding a pair of nail clippers.

 

"Mom I have to wait for the first snow!" He tried to explain.

 

"Not with those long nails you're not!" His mother yelled back.

 

That night, Baekhyun fell asleep on his desk as his mother clipped his nails. The benefit of having a heavy sleeper as a son.

 

When Baekhyun woke up he was on his bed and his nails were now short. He yelled out a series of 'Nooooo' 'Mom!!!' and 'Yixing!!!'

 

"Baekhyun are you awake," his father knocked on the door, "Come outside it's the first snow!"

 

Baekhyun immediately snapped his head up and ran towards the door. He looked outside and his father was right, first now.

 

His parents stood there while they watch their son throw a tantrum on the living room floor but something on the tv caught his attention.

 

"This just in, Chinese idol, Zhang Yixing, has announced his engagement to South Korean singer, Kim Junmyeon."

 

What

 

"Thank you to everyone who supported me, I hope you will support our marriage as—"

 

Baekhyun didn't even let him finish as he threw his slipper on the tv and walked out of the room.

 

When Chanyeol walked into class he noticed Baekhyun with his head down. "Is he okay?"

 

Kyungsoo looked at him and said, "It was the first snow and he wasn't able to keep his dyed nails."

 

"And now he's engaged to someone else!" Baekhyun exclaimed, still with his head down.

 

But something else caught Chanyeol's attention. "Wait, it's snowed this morning?"

 

The two best friends nodded and looked at Chanyeol, who immediately unwrapped one of his fingers showing a dyed nail. "Alright!"

 

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol's nail, which was previously wrapped in a bandaid. Why didn't I think of that.

 

"Well congrats Yeollie. I'll guess you'll get to marry your first love." Baekhyun waved off.

 

Chanyeol immediately blushed and scratched the back of his neck. "R-really?"

 

Baekhyun stood up and stood close to Chanyeol, too close. "Who is it Yeollie hm?"

 

This close, Chanyeol could see all of Baekhyun's beautiful features making his heart pound. "Who is it? Who is it?", the smaller male continued to ask.

 

"It's a secret!"