Complicated

Complicated

 

a/n: SO! this is my first MarkJin fic ever! Or, anything that is not EXO (mostly XiuHo) fic,

I'm so BAD with titles, just FYI!

bare with it if you can xD

 

 

 

 

The dorm was almost quite when Jinyoung stepped out from his room to get some drink. Jackson and Bambam was away, Yugyeom's snore could be heard softly if you really pay attention to it, Jaebum was probably already far deep in dreamland, and Mark, well Mark was probably asleep already, because he didn't see him since he was back from JJP schedule earlier. He himself felt so tired to the point that he found it difficult to fall asleep. Juggling between JJP's promo and preparing for the group's comeback really drained his perfectionist self.

 

"Jinyoung?"

 

There's something unique in the way Mark calling his name, Jinyoung thought, something special that made it rings differently compared to how others would call him. Maybe the thick accent, or the way he emphasize the last part of his name, Jinyoung wasn't sure, all he knew was he loves it, he loves the way his name slipped out of Mark's lips, he loves it so much, it made his heart reacted first, before any other part of his system. His heart skips pleasantly in his chest, followed by the tired smile growing on his lips as he turned around to face a sleepy Mark standing on the kitchen's entrance. "Mark hyung." He greeted softly, just then realizing how he misses the other male.

 

"What are you doing?" Mark asked with a low voice, purposely matching with the quite dorm, afraid that he might wake someone up.

 

Jinyoung lifted an ugly yellow plastic cup in his hand almost to his face level, "Getting some water," he answered before throwing it to the empty sink. He guessed Yugyeom learned his lesson not to let his dirty dishes in the sink until morning after Jaebum scold him about it the day before, talking about some ants and bugs that would come if he did that.

 

Mark responded with a small "Oh," before a comfortable silence hanging between them again. He let himself stared at Jinyoung's bare face before creasing his forehead at the sight before him. Jinyoung was still handsome, if he said so himself, but the obvious dark circle almost fell to his cheek, as a sign of an extreme fatigue, made him upset. He took some steps closer, until he could reach his hand to cup the younger male's face with his cold hand, concerned at how worse his dark circle was up-close. "You look tired," he said worriedly.

 

"I am," Jinyoung validated honestly, and he could see Mark heaved a heavy sigh as a respond. Too close, Jinyoung thought, Mark was too close. He could see all of Mark's imperfections at that distance, but somehow, Mark was still the most perfect thing he ever laid his eyes on. It was almost like his arms moved without his command when they circled themselves around Mark's tiny waist and pulled him even closer, and right away, he could feel Mark's hand that was on his face tremble a little.

 

They had been in that situation before, in a matter of fact, not too long ago, and they knew, it would happen again. Jinyoung inched closer to Mark's face, looking deep into his eyes right trough his soul, looking for rejection, and getting even closer when he saw none, and he decided that, when Mark took a glance to his own lips, it was his silent agreement.

 

Mark's lips were soft, Jinyoung thought, a bit cold, but getting warmer when he started moving his lips and pressed harder on them. And he was sure Mark could feel his rapid heartbeat when he felt Mark's skinny fingers moved from his cheek to rest on the crook of his neck. The kiss didn't last long, however, not because they didn't want to, but their heart couldn't take it anymore. There were so many feelings. There was too much feeling. Fear, confusion, want, doubt, and hundreds of other indescribable feelings bursting one after another like fireworks on new years celebration.

 

"Jinyoung..." Mark whispered his warm breath ghosting on Jinyoung's parted lips. He loved it, he loved the way his lips moved when he said that name.

 

Jinyoung pulled his face further, for the sake of seeing Mark's face properly, and stare just for a few seconds before he got impatient. "Hyung..." He called out, "Just be my boyfriend already..." He almost begged. It wasn't the first time he ever asked the question to the older male, but that night, he wished it would be the last time.

 

On the other hand, Mark was in the edge between wanting him to ask the question again or save them for much later, because he knew, the same answer he would give him would break both of them. Again. "We can't..." He gave the same answer. We, not I, because it's not that he didn't want it, but he thought that they couldn't do that.

 

"But why though?" Jinyoung was genuinely curious, because Mark never gave him a proper reason why, making him didn't want to let go. "Look, if it means that you don't feel the same way I feel about you, if you don't like me like that, then I'm not going to force you, but you have to tell me about it." The thing is, Jinyoung had always dared to wish that Mark had the same feeling as him because he never really rejected him. When he kissed him, Mark would kiss him back. When he reached for his hand, Mark would meet his midway. When he held his hand, Mark would hold his even tighter. So he was so confused when Mark said they couldn't date.

 

"That's—That's not it," Mark couldn't say that he didn't feel anything towards Jinyoung, because he couldn't even hide it. "It's just—It will make things complicated." He finally delivered his reason.

 

Jinyoung understood where did Mark came from, but it didn't mean he agreed to it. It definitely wouldn't be easy to have a relationship within a group, but it's not impossible. They were both grown adults anyway, and he also thought that both of them were on the wise side, so he really wanted to try. "No it doesn't. Why does it have to be complicated?" He asked, not even expecting an answer and continued, "It doesn't have to be complicated hyung. You know what's complicated? It's when I'm not sure whether if I can call you when I miss you when you're away, it's when I'm not sure whether if it's okay to hold you when you're hurt even if I want to, it's when I'm not sure whether if it's alright to kiss you even when you kissed me back, all because I don't know where we stand. Please don't tell me I'm the only one who feel this way." His last words came out almost like a whisper. "If you just tell me that you don't want to be my boyfriend instead of just saying that we can't because things will be complicated, I'll give up for good, or, we can just try this together." Jinyoung was determined that it would be the last time he asked the same thing to Mark.

 

“What about the others?” The other members were one of the biggest concern in Mark’s mind, because, let’s say that they were managed to handle a relationship well, stay professional with work related stuff, know when to prioritize work and the group and when relationship comes first, but, that doesn’t mean the other boys would feel comfortable with the fact that two of their members involved in a relationship.

 

Jinyoung let out a soft chuckle, “You think they don’t know?”

 

“Are we that obvious?” Mark gasped, and Jinyoung threw his head back with a silent laugh, how are they not obvious with all those touches, whispers, and hugs.

 

“It’s not like we know them for a year or two, you know them, they are good people, I’m pretty sure they’ll be fine with it. If not, then we’ll talk to them.” Jinyoung tilted his head to the side, giving his best comforting smile that will wordlessly tell Mark that they’ll be fine. “So?” He asked again, “Should we date, or should we just forget everything and move on?”

 

Mark lowered his gaze, and his eyes were wondering on Jinyoung's collarbone. He wasn't exactly thinking, there weren’t many things to think about anyway. He wasn’t a fool who didn’t know what he feels, he knew exactly how he feels about the male before him, all he needed was a few words to convince him that it was okay and Jinyoung provided him just that.  . "Yeah..." He said softly.

 

"Yeah?" Jinyoung asked back, "Yeah that you don't want to be my boyfriend, or, yeah let's try this together?" He wished for the later.

 

Mark looked up, with a smile this time, "Yeah, I want to be your boyfriend. " He finally said the long overdue answer.

 

The wrinkle around Jinyoung's eyes had reached its deepest state when he smiled so wide after he heard Mark's answer. "Yeah?" He asked for the last time, and pressed their forehead together after received a nod as an answer, but ended up pulling Mark into a tight hug. Their fans always said that Mark seems like he would give a really good hug, well, he could confirm that fact.

 

"Jinyoung," Mark called out and pulled away, only enough so that he could see Jinyoung's face, "Listen," he said, asking for a full attention from the male after him, "I really, really do want to be your boyfriend," He made sure to emphasize the most important thing first, not wanting to cause uneasiness of the sudden serious conversation before addressing his next point, "But you are literally my first boyfriend," attention to the word boy, because he had girlfriends before. "It's just, there are things that I need to figure out, and, I really want to make this relationship work, that's why, so, let's just take things slowly, okay?"

 

Jinyoung flashed a comforting smile, "Sure," he said, genuinely didn't mind with the request, it's not like they would get married the next day, or even next year, so, might as well enjoying the growth of their relationship slowly, "Let's take one step at a time, we'll take one step, and when you're ready, we'll take the next."

 

Mark heaved a relieved sigh. It was always like that, Jinyoung always put him first, and always so patient dealing with him, always waiting for him when he was left out, listening to him until he finished his sentences in broken Korean when other people would just move on or finished his sentence themselves, explaining things to him in the simplest way over and over again until he understood without showing any sign of frustration, to the point that he felt spoiled. Mark couldn't be more thankful for having Jinyoung in his life, someone he could call a best friend and boyfriend at the same time. "Thank you," was all he could say.

 

He could see it. Jinyoung could see Mark minimizing the gap between their lips, but he made zero movement, even if he wanted to. Because as much as he wanted to kiss him again, he also wanted Mark to kiss him first that time, so he waited patiently, until there was no distance at all, and only then, he moved his head to the side, so that he could get more off Mark's lips and deepening the kiss. There were things they need to explain to five people in total, because, it's not like they could hide their relationship from them, but that can wait, because their focus at that time was each other's lips and the butterflies in their hearts.

 

 

 

a/n: this is so long overdue, because i'm really nervous about posting this ;_;

anyway! i maybe or maybe not (i prob will) continue this fic with some short random chapters in the future (Detention style)

so, yeah, i hope i didn't mess that up too much