Help

Just One Call

Soo Mi was always the attention of the school... but for the wrong reasons. She would always get bullied by other people, girls or boys, it doesn't matter. She's been bullied since day one that she came to the school, she didn't bother reporting it to the head officer because people threaten her if she tells them. 

"HEY SOO MI!" She turned around and suddenly she was shoved into the metallic lockers in the hallway. Her books and papers were scattered everywhere, she pushed her glasses up her nose and tried to gather all the papers that were spread out across the floor. People didn't bother to help her, she was nothing. People were stepping on her papers creating brown shoe prints. Suddenly squeals and screaming could be heard in the distance.

"OPPAA~~"

"KYAHH! OPPA IS SO HANDSOME!"

"OPPA WILL YOU GO ON A DATE WITH ME?

"OMO~ ! IT'S INFINITE!"

Soo Mi didn't even bother to lift her head, she knew who they were anyways. Infinite, the kingka group of her school. Always attracting attention for the good reasons, unlike her. She was still trying to gather her papers when Infinite walked passed her and stepped on her papers.

"Oops, sorry I didn't see you there," Sungyeol said with heavy sarcasm lining his words.

"Oh that's right no one ever does," Hoya replied then erupted into laughter causing the rest to laugh, except for one. Woohyun. The fangirls trailed behind the group causing Soo Mi to fall back again on her back. She grumbled under her breath. Suddenly the bell signalling the beginning of class rang. She quickly stood up and ran to class and sat on her seat. People were laughing, teasing and throwing things at her. She couldn't do anything about it... she can't. The teacher called her up to the front when suddenly someone shouted.

"YAH! Park Soo Mi! What happened to your face?" A girl shouted from the back of the class, the class started to laugh while the teacher was hissing at the students for them to shut up. Soo Mi quickly finished the problem on the board and sat back down on her seat.

--

The day went by slowly and Soo Mi was quickly losing it. She couldn't take it anymore, she wanted to die. Death was better than enduring this everyday. When the school emptied, Soo Mi left a letter in her locker and headed for the roof of the schoo. She slowly and painfully made her way up the stairs, she pushed the door open to reveal the chilly wind of winter. She slowly walked towards the edge of the roof top and stood on the ledge. She put one foot on the ledge and took a deep breathe, she looked back at the door thinking if anyone was going to stop her from jumping. She sighed heavily and looked forward again. Suddenly her phone rang, she pulled the small blue phone out of her pocket with 'UNKNOWN CALLER' flashing on the screen.

"Y-yoboseyo? She croaked into the microphone

"Don't jump..." The voice behind the speaker said.

"B-bwoh?" She croaked again. The voice started to heave sounding like the person just ran for a while.

"Please don't jump..." The voice spoke.

"Who are you?"

"You don't need to know now... promise me you won't jump," The voice spoke softly into the phone.

"Wae? I'm useless in the world. My parents hate me and the whole student body wants to get rid of me." Tears were already streaming down her cheeks, the wind made her hair stick to her face.

"Don't jump. I won't be able to see you again."

"What?"

"I won't be able to see you smile anymore, I won't be able to see you laugh anymore, I won't be able to see you happy anymore.." The voice trailed off.

"You're lying! No one cares about me," she shouted into the phone.

"I care about you! Why do you think i'm on the phone trying to stop you?"

"You just wanted to save me so that I could endure more torture during school!" She cried. She was slowly swaying side to side on the ledge of the roof.

"No, I don't. I'll protect you, no matter what. I'll keep you safe from them, just please get down from them. I'm so sorry for letting them hurt you." He pleaded.

"No, you're not sorry. You're just sorry because I'm standing on the ledge of the roof!"

"I am geninuely sorry. I'm sorry I didn't protect you, I'm sorry I let them hurt you, I'm sorry I ignored you, I'm so so so sorry." The person cried into the phone, she could hear the hurt in his voice. All she could do was breathe into the phone. "I'm sorry, please don't jump..." She cried and clutched the farbic above her chest. She slowly stepped down from the ledge and slid down the wall. The caller hung up and she threw her phone against the gravel on the rooftop.

--

The next day she walked into school with her head hung low. People were whispering and parting ways for her to walk down the hallway. She lifted her head slightly and looked around her, no one dared to touch her or make fun of her. She slowly walked to her locker and inserted the key into her lock, she gave it a quick twist and pulled it open. The first thing that caught her eye was a yellow note on the shelf of her locker. She furrowed her eyebrows together and picked up the note.

'I told you I'd protect you. I promise I won't let anyone hurt you now. I love you.'

She smiled and gently placed the note on the shelf. Little did she know, that the person that was protecting her was watching her from behind the pillar.

'That's right Soo Mi, smile because you're beautiful.' Woohyun smiled to himself.

==

Ah, awkward.. it took me two hours to write this... comments?