How We First Met

Sorry....

 

Dear Wonderfuls…plus more,

 

As I mentioned in my previous letter, I stated that I am in love with Junhyung. I know some of you guys are shocked but I just wanted to give my story to the world. I want people to understand.

 

You guys probably want to know how we first met, and how we got together. Well, our story started when Yong Junhyung first arrived to JYP entertainment. He wasn’t the hot stud that he is now, but he was adorable in my eyes. He called himself Popping Dragon when we first met. But for some reason, I was embarrassed by that name, but I grew to love that name…because that what he liked to call himself. He also has this smile that always made me giggle. I liked him for the longest time, but I hid my feelings away. I had hoped that he would catch on…

 


 

 

I stopped and just stared at this letter.

 

I spoke to myself, “I don’t even know why I am writing this letter.”

 

I felt as my tears were about to spill, but I held it in. I reread what I just wrote, but as I was reading it, my mind wandered to the past before I became a Wonder Girl and Junhyung became a Beast

.

.

.

 

I was in the dance studio with Sunye. She was teaching me how to make my name smoother when JYP came in.

 

“Ladies,” JYP said in his loud voice. We had to stop because JYP would get mad if we don’t give him our undivided attention. He might make us do pushups or something. It never happened to me, but he just gave this feeling that he can be mean sometimes.

 

He spoke again, breaking my trance.

 

“We got a new trainee. You guys might remember him. He was in a group named Xing.”

 

In came this guy who had a slight chubby cheeks and a very intense face, but his straight face soon broke out in a smile. I couldn’t help myself and return that smile. My heart did a little jump, and I did a little giggle. This boy was different from the rest of the guys at JYP entertainment. He had this charm that just immediately pulled me in.

 

He bowed his head and said, “My name is Yong Junhyung, but I can be called Popping Dragon.”

 

He said this seriously, but I just couldn’t help it. My little giggle soon became laughter. I couldn’t stop laughing. I held my stomach and laughed until tears came out. I didn’t stop until I heard someone yell my name

 

“AHN SOHEE!” JYP yelled my name, and I immediately shut my mouth.

 

Everyone was staring at me, but nothing can beat the stare from “Popping Dragon.” His stare was more of a glare. I looked away and nodded my apology to him. I felt so embarrassed that I thought my cheeks were going to burst into flames.

 

JYP was so angry. He just left with no words. He dragged Junhyung with him. I held my head in disbelief. I just ruined my chance. I mean, it wasn’t like I had a chance before, but still I ruined any possibility of even becoming his friend. I couldn’t concentrate on my dancing, so I messed up our dance routine over and over. Sunye couldn’t take it anymore and sent me away.

 

I didn’t know what to do if I wasn’t practicing. I didn’t want to go home because no one was home, so I ended up wandering around in the JYP building. I heard some hip hop music playing from one of the dance studios. I slowly walked like a cat to sneak a peek at who was practicing. There was the boy I just laughed at. He was practicing all by himself. I watched him from the door and was amazed on his dancing. He held his eyes shut the whole time and let the music flow thorough his body. I can see why he called himself “Popping Dragon.” I did a small smile as I continued watching him.

 

The more he got into the music, the more it seems like I was in the room. I didn’t realize until the music was over that I was actually in the room. He saw me in the mirror and turned around.

 

“What are you doing here?” He stated. He had no anger in his voice, which I was grateful for.

 

I gave him a blank stare and tried to say with my coolest voice, “I wanted to apologize for my rude behavior.”

 

I gave him a bow. As I was about to walk out of the room, he asked, “Why did you laugh?”

 

There was another silence. I didn’t know to say. Should I be like ‘Hey I hate your name.’ I am not that mean. I know some people say that I am blunt, but not to the extreme where feelings can be hurt…I know I laughed at someone, but it wasn’t intentional.

 

When I didn’t reply, he said, “Is it because I’m ugly?”

 

I was shocked. I shook my head no while waving my hands like crazy. I must have looked dumb because he laughed at me.

 

He said in a deep voice, “Then why?”

 

I finally looked up to look at him. He was staring at me again with his intense eyes.

 

I took a deep breath and said, “You’re name is just a little different.” I said it while pinching my index and thumb together and squinting my eyes.

 

There was a disappointed look on his face, and I felt horrible. I didn’t know what to do. I felt like I was going to cry, which is weird because I never cry.

 

“Oh…you don’t like it. Huh?” Junhyung said in a little voice. But I heard it.

 

I stuttered a response, “It’s not that I don’t like it….I just like Junhyung more. I mean you should just keep your name.”

 

He chuckled and gave me a smile, “so you like Junhyung.”

 

I blushed at his response. He made it sound like I like him or something…which I do, but still! I don’t want him to know. I just kept silent, just hoping that this would pass over. But no one spoke for what felt like forever (but in actuality, it was more like a minute).

 

I bowed my head and was about to walk away once again, but he called out,

 

“Sohee, let’s be friends. I like that you can be truthful, and I like that in a girl.” He said it while rubbing his neck as if he was embarrassed.

 

I just nodded my head yes and ran away with my heart beating like a maniac. I ran to the roof where I can breathe and collapse. I laid on my back staring at the sky as I felt my heartbeat slowing down.

 

I knew what this meant…..I like “Popping Dragon.”