Chapter 1

Not So One Sided Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh Sociopath: What kind of excuse is that? Was the presentation just for nothing then? The running shoes are the whole point of this advertisement!

Hyemi sighed as she looked over her boss’s text. She plopped down on a seat at the bus terminal, placing her banana milk and gummy bears on the seat next to her. 

Oh Sociopath: If he can’t tell you what exactly he wants then tell him he can rip his own eyeballs out!

Hyemi: okay, okay.

She let out another sigh as she switched text chats to the one she uses to message the client. 

Hyemi: I understand what you’re trying to say, but from an expert’s point of view, our idea won’t bring a bad outcome.

Client: But… I can’t even tell what the advertisement is for!

Hyemi: Yes,I see.

Feeling equally as frustrated, Hyemi clicked open her boss’s text to inform him what the client wanted. 

Hyemi: He would like for the ad to be a little more clearer and more specific. He understands the point, but believes it’s a little...too extra...

Oh Sehun sat at his desk bouncing a tennis ball, to which he uses it as a stress ball. He rubbed his eyes tiredly as he finished reading the text message, immediately getting up, rustling his hair out of frustration and annoyance before grabbing his phone and shooting another text back to Hyemi. 

Oh Sociopath: If he can’t understand this, then what’s the point of having a brain?! Why don't we have someone holding the running shoes while smiling! That'll surely be easy to understand!

Hyemi could see the sarcasm ooze through the text her boss had returned. 

“It’s a project worth 1 million dollars! Who cares if he has a brain or not!” Said Hyemi to herself, to no one in particular as she dropped her phone on her lap. “Holy .”

Taking a deep breath, Hyemi went back to her texts with the client, faking a smile as if hypnotizing herself to feel better. 

Hyemi: Should we try displaying the product more prominently? I know you have a headache but please let me know what you want...

Client: My head is about to explode!!! What part of this do you not understand?! Are you kidding me?! Look around you, what year are we in? Who advertises for their brand like that these days? Tell him that!

Hyemi rubbed her head tiredly. It was as if she could hear the two yelling through her phone. She tapped the chat she had with her boss.

Hyemi: That's not what he means. He says he feels like this head is going to explode because he just doesn’t understand. 

Oh Sociopath: If his head hasn’t exploded yet, then tell him to use it to think! What exactly does he want then?!

The two went back and fourth between Hyemi. She felt like her own head was going to explode. 

Why exactly do they have to use me to communicate with one another?! Wouldn’t it be more efficient to directly relay their thoughts?! Why bring me into it…

Hyemi glanced at the time and finally let out a smile. 

Hyemi: Let me charge my phone at home before getting back to you!

She quickly shoved her cell phone in her purse and stood up, grabbing her banana milk and gummy bears. 

Today is Friday!!! I get to go home today~

Hyemi ran through the station with a goofy grin on her face, pushing back her worries. Quickly boarding her bus that would take her back home, she took a seat next to the window while sipping her banana milk. 

[Name: Park Hyemi; Age: 25; Job: commercial executive planner at Wishful Commercials; Side job: fashion lifestyle blogger anonymously known through her alias, Mimi]

- - - - -

“Mom, dad? Your lovely daughter is home!” Shouted Hyemi, opening the door to her parents’ home as a delicious smell hit her in the face. She hastily took off her shoes, entering the house with a wide smile.

“Your here?” Smiled her mom peeking her head from the kitchen. “Go wash up, your just in time for dinner.” 

[Name: Park Seoyeon; Age: 47; Job: the best mother in the whole world; side job: the best cook in the whole world]

“Where’s dad?” Asked Hyemi giving her mom a quick hug after putting her purse in her room. 

“Over here~” shouted her dad’s voice. “How’s my favorite daughter doing?”

[Name: Park Minjun; Age: 51; Job: former CEO of Park Corporation; Side job: the best dad in the whole world]

Hyemi walked to the living room where her dad was watching soccer with her older brother. Hyemi wrapper her arms around her dad from behind, giving him a back hug.

“You only have one daughter das” smiled Hyemi as she placed a kiss on her dad’s cheek. “I’m doing great”

“Oh, you’re here?” Mumbled her brother, eyes glued onto the TV screen with his cell phone lighting up with notifications in his hand. 

[Name: Park Chanyeol; Age: 29; Job: Current CEO of Park Corporation; Side job: annoying the out of his sister while being a protective older brother]

“Oh your here?” Mimicked Hyemi sarcastically. “It’s always nice to see you too my dear brother”

“ And I dearly wish I could see my cute little sister’s lovely face every sing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter