Yurang Day

It's Yu

She was running fast, she hurriedly opened the door of the nearest café from their company building. It seems like odd was on her side when she saw no people around which is pretty unusual with this hour. She did not bother to wonder why as she was there for one purpose – to buy a cake.

Kyulkyung scanned the cakes that was on display and the chiller and found nothing so special. She hated herself for waking up late and being unable to buy a personalize cake. She also wanted to blame her manager for setting up an early practice.

It’s not like she was not able to surprise Yuha for her birthday but she was told that Yuha would have a V Live in the afternoon and she wanted to let everyone know that she is prepared and show how special Yuha to her. She knew it, her members won’t give her a gift as they already gave it to Yuha last night. It would only be her who would have a gift for Yuha during their V Live.

She found the cake that she knew Yuha would like, a fruit-basket cake. Yuha eats a lot but watch her sugar diligently. She does not like too much sweet, so Kyulkyung chose that cake for Yuha’s birthday V Live celebration.

She hurriedly went back to Pledis building and saw that they were already setting up. She made it on time and she pumped her hand in the air as a celebration.

“Oh Kyulkyung is here, okay, so Eunwoo, Yewon and Yebin will join Kyungwon for the V Live” the manager said.

She pouted upon hearing that she won’t be with Yuha. She was told that some of them would appear but not the entire time. Yuha saw that sad face on Kyulkyung’s face so she went to her.  She stood in front of her and lift Kyulkyung’s chin, their eyes meeting each other.

“You’re sad that you won’t be with me in this V Live?” Yuha asked.

Kyulkyung only nodded. Yuha hugged her tightly and whispered something in her ears that made the younger all cherry again. Yuha broke the hug and wink at the girl.

“Thanks for the cake hon” Yuha said before going to the place where she would have her V Live.

The V Live started and Kyulkyung waited from the side. She waited for her turn to appear in her girlfriend’s birthday V Live. Eunwoo was side glancing her and was smiling at her, she knew she was teasing her.

When Yuha’s opening greeting dropped she hurriedly went in front of the camera and joined the greeting. Eunwoo told the viewers that she was the one who bought the cake for Yuha. She smiled and mentally thanked her fellow 98’ liner friend.

They then started to sing happy birthday and asked Yuha to make a wish. A hinge of jealousy sparks when she saw Xiyeon kissed Yuha, she then pinched Yuha’s cheek as a reminder that is her property.

She wanted to stay more but the manager was calling them out already, she had no choice but to move but she put an icing on Yuha’s cheek before she left. Her girlfriend screamed at her but she just grinned at her.

-0-

20 minutes had passed and Yuha ended her birthday V Live. She looked for Kyulkyung but the girl was nowhere to be found. She asked Xiyeon who was busy in front of her computer, probably mixing some songs for their next album.

“Where did Juju go?” she asked

“She went out with Roa and Nayoung unnie” Xiyeon replied.

Yuha just nod her head and stayed in their practice room. She texted her girlfriend, 10 minutes had passed and there was no reply. Yuha smirked in an idea that Kyulkyung might be preparing something. She let it go and just waited to go home.

“Kyungwon, I will be dropping you off first. Eunwoo and Rena needed to stay here.”

She nodded and thought that maybe this was part of the plan. Kyulkyung might have asked their manager as alliance too.

She reached the dorm and her heart was pounding faster but she can’t sense anything unusual. She was in front of their dorm and seems like no one was there yet. She opened the door and she was right no one was there.

“She might have something else” she said t herself.

Few minutes later the door opened and she saw Kyulkyung with 2 bags of what she thinks some groceries. She looked at Kyulkyung with wondering eyes and the younger girl was also confused.

“You’re not with them?” Yuha asked.

“No, Nayoung and Minkyung unnie went on a date and I don’t know where the others are”

“You are not surprising me again?”

“Nope.”

“Okay”

Yuha slouched back on the couch. She seemed to be disappointed as she really thought that Kyulkyung prepared another surprise for her.

Time passes by and all the members came back to the dorm and nothing special had happened. Yuha’s birthday is ending and she started to feel sad. Maybe she expected too much.

“Yuyu can you help Juju put the trash outside?” Nayoung asked her.

“Okay” she replied with a rather plain tone.

She walked with her girlfriend feeling really down. They opened the garbage room and throw the trashes.

“What’s wrong?” Kyulkyung asked.

“Nothing, I guess I expected too much.”

“About?”

“I thought you might have some more surprises for me”

“But we did that already last night”

“I know, I guess I really expected too much”

“Aww”

Kyulkyung went to hug Yuha and gave her a peck on her lips. Kyulkyung’s smile seems to be effective as Yuha’s disappointment was washed out.

“Can you help get something on the rooftop? I think I left the blanket there”

“Juju, you should not left things in an open air by this time, it might snow”

“I know, it was foolish of me to hang it there”

“Okay, let’s go”

Their hands where intertwined while climbing the rooftop. Yuha looked at Kyulkyung and she was smiling brightly at her, like the usual.

She opened the door and was startled when she saw her members there popping some confetti. She was right, Kyulkyung prepared another surprise but she did not expect that it will be like this. She almost thought there was nothing else.

They were handed with jackets to warm them as the weather is already so cold. She smiled and thanked all the members for another surprise.

“I really thought there was nothing else”

“Blame your girlfriend for planning all of this” Eunwoo commented, Kyulkyung just grinned.

“Thank you so much!”

“Alright, we will go now and leave the two of you” Nayoung said.

“Wait, where are you guys going?”

“Don’t ask, just enjoy your day with your girl” Roa said winking at Yuha, it was rather a teasing wink as if she was telling her that there would be something else.

Yuha and Kyulkyung were left as the others went back to their dorm. Yuha faced Kyulkyung and held both of her hands. The two of them stayed silent and let the light from the candle sparks up their feelings for each other.

“I did not expect that you will do all of this for me”

“Nothing I can’t do for you”

“I’m so blessed I have in my life both as a group-mate and a girlfriend”

“Any wish you have for your birthday?”

“It’s also your wish”

“To win Rookie of the Year?” Yuha laughed at Kyulkyung’s reply.

“Well, that and to be with you forever”

Kyulkyung smiled at Yuha. The older girl let go of her hand and pulled Kyulkyung closer. She lifted her chin again and aligned her lips to hers. Moment their lips touch, fireworks started to light up the sky.  The kiss deepens and Kyulkyung needed to wrap her arms around Yuha’s neck.

It was a romantic scene that the rest of members melted with the sweetness that they are witnessing. They really did not go back to their dorm but was watching the two have their moment.

 -----0-----

A/N: A short fic for Yuha's birthday celebration. Inspired by their latest V Live and hey please do vote for them as Rookie of the Year.