Chapter 1

Dream & Reality

“Aren’t you going back to the dorm to rest? It’s already 2am” Irene asked.

“Ani, I want to practice abit more! Unnie, it’s okay! Yall can leave first, I will join you guys at home soon! Don’t worry about me!” Xuan replied while continuing her dance practice.

It has been a month since Xuan had joined BigHit as a trainee and also a month since Xuan had put away everything in Singapore and flew over to Korea to start chasing her dream. Every single day, ever since she touched down in Korea, she had never once rest before. Practicing till wee hours and then waking up early in the morning and heading back to the company to train was her daily routine.

There were quite a number of female trainee but there was these group of 6 that had welcomed her and taught her as time goes by. Xuan was very comfortable with them even though she’s not really fluent in Korean but there were two of them who are Korean-Chinese. They had witnessed how Xuan had change, not just in terms of her skills but her health conditions. She was losing weight way too fast and her eye bags are horrendous.

Every single night, they would plead her to head home with them but every single night, they would face the same rejection from Xuan. They were worried but there’s nothing they could do since Xuan was so stubborn.

It wasn’t just the girls who were worried though. There is another person who noticed Xuan a month ago and like the girls, he was worried too. Though he hadn’t interacted much with Xuan since he was always busy with his and his team schedules, he would make it a point to see Xuan practicing when he could afford a trip down to the company.

Back at the practice room, Xuan was busy practicing the dance that was taught today. She had been a maniac in practicing for she didn’t had any exceptional talents. Sure, she did dance in her school when she was in Singapore but it was just for leisure and she was often called tone-deaf by her friends and neither can she rap. She lack all 3 of the talents needed. And to be put in the same temporary team with her sisters who have been training for years, she felt inferior. She know she wasn’t good enough but she can’t back down, not at this time when she is near to her debut.

Knowing her skills won’t develop overnight, all she can do is, to practice and practice every single day, twice as much as others, to catch up with them and not be a burden. It was tough, very tough for her. No matter how much she try, how much she practice, she just can’t be as good as others. She hated herself for it. She hated the fact that no matter how hard she work, she just can’t beat against time.

But this was her mindset and not others. In her sisters, her trainers mind, she was already very good. After one month, she had actually master singing and learn several genre of dances and executed them out perfectly. She was one of the top trainees now. She won’t stop there, she wants to reach perfection if it’s possible, just like him.

Maybe that was the reason why he was so immersed in her practice when he chanced upon their practice room, on his way to record a new song. He sense the passion and determination in her eyes and that captivated him so deeply, his feet would always bring him to the practice room every time he is in the company.

He admired her but at the same time, worried for her. After a few connections here and there, he found out that she wasn’t eating her meals well; all she took is 5 minutes to gobble down kimbap and head back to practice. He heard from one of her sisters who was close to one of s that they had never once see her drink any sweet drinks nor ate any rice or meat at all.

So, he decided to take actions into his own hands.

“Hyung, are you going to delivered food to her again?”

“Yes, you want some?”

“You won’t kill me if I eat some of your beloved food?”

“YA! She’s not my beloved”

“Then why are you doing so many things for her? You even cook for her, pack it properly and sent it to the company yourself! And if you are not around, you ask staff noona for help. Hyung, if this is not love then what is this”

Honestly, he didn’t know either. He didn’t know if he actually love her or just took her like a younger sister.

“Aish, shut up. I’m leaving now! Remember tomorrow schedule starts in the afternoon, so sleep more”

He make his way to the company and went off to her practice room first. As usual, he couldn’t take his eyes off her. She was just simply too mesmerizing. He watch her as she finish her contemporary dance.

The way she turns, the way she lift her legs, the way she sway her body to the music as if she’s telling a sad story. It touch his heart and he couldn’t help but to take a video of her.

People would have mistaken him for a ert if they didn’t know who was he but thank god, it was already late at night and her practice room was at the corner.

As usual, he left the bento box on the knob of the door before leaving to record his song.

After what seems like forever, Xuan finally finish her practice. Stretching was a must to avoid muscle ache the next day, as she stretch, she could feel her stomach growling. Taking a note to herself to get some kimbap at the convenience store, she leave after putting muscle patch on her burning muscle.

As she was closing the door, she found the same bento hanging on the door every day.

Ahh, is this from unnie again? Probably. Xuan thought before taking the bento and head up to the company rooftop to take a breather and have her food.