First and Last

F A L L I N G
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She has been in that position for days. He never left her side thinking that it was all his fault. If only hadn’t he fought with her, if only he accepted what she had told him, if only he didn't talk back, if only he stopped her from leaving, she would be alright, safe and sound.

Emily woke up on the day she had the accident. She saw herself lying on the hospital bed, wearing an unfamiliar gown, with an oxygen mask on her face, wires and needles connected from her hands to monitors.

She tried to understand the situation; she could remember nothing but her accident. She tried to ask people, shout and scream but nobody could see her or hear her. She was invisible.

Seeing her friends come in to check on her lifeless body regularly is the only thing she could do. She saw him. Mark never left her side since he has been informed of the accident. She has never seen him that way before, brokenhearted, sad and most of all guilty.

She wanted to tell him that it's not his fault even though she didn't remember what happened. She didn't want to see someone who cares for her in this state.

She has been in this state for a month. Doctors come in and go, nurses give her the medications needed and check up on her regularly, but nothing changes. There's no sign of life they could detect. They kept getting signals that it will only get worse. They discussed getting her off of all those devices with Mark, they tried to not let him put up his hopes.

Mark however always disagreed, he couldn't let them kill her. He knew she'd wake up. He made sure to be with her every single day. He talks to her and apologises just in case she could hear him. He believed she did.

Emily could hear him well, it's just that her soul wasn't in her body. She couldn't respond to him.

She forgave him without even knowing what happened that day.

*beep* *beep*

Mark didn't know what is happening around him. The medical team ran in hurriedly after hearing the sound. They pushed her bed out of the ICU and into the operating room. Mark ran after them after regaining his conscious. He didn't understand what happened, she was peacefully sleeping 5 minutes ago.

Tears fell down on his cheeks. He thought that this is the end. Thoughts that he’d never get to see her smile or even cry again flashed in his head. He thought that he would never see her in white.

“Em, where have you been? I have been searching for you all around the univ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter