1/1

Young, Wild & Free

 

Everyone knows Bang Yongguk as the committed leader of B.A.P, known for his incredible talent in writing music and heart wrenching rap. But the Bang Yongguk you know is standing right in front of you with a glass of whisky in one hand and a microphone in the other with the instrumental of “Highway to Hell” playing in the background.

 

“I’M ON A HIGHWAY TO HELL- COME HERE COME SING WITH ME.”

 

You have been sitting at the table behind the karaoke machine for about an hour now as you watched your boyfriend make his way through a couple of drinks, slowly getting more and more drunk as the night went on.

 

After 3 glasses of whisky, 2 bottles of soju, and a beer; Yongguk was a little beyond tipsy and had enough alcohol in his system to break away from his shy self and take the stage.

 

Enjoying your view as you rarely got to see him like this, you couldn't help yourself but sneak a few videos of him singing his precious heart out. Holding the camera up to see Yongguk head bangging to the music as he sang along, he finally turned around to call you to join him

 

“What are you doing? Come and join me.” He said in his slurred voice.

 

You laughed at his cuteness and picked up another slice of pizza, “Yongguk the alcohol is getting to you, eat a bit more it will help you sober up.”

 

“Noooo what are you talking about I am perfectly fine I can do so much right now, come on sing with me babe. Do it for me.”

 

Yongguk was grabbing your wrist with the pizza slice while doing his best puppy eyes. When he saw you hesitating he put down the pizza slice for you and started doing his iconic three point aegyo.

 

Almost immediately after he started, you started laughing as if you haven't seen anything funnier in your life and grabbed his hands before he could continue any farther.

 

“Ok ok I will sing with you.”

 

Right when you said those words, he grabbed your hand and pulled you on stage and loaded the song he chose right before he went back to the table.

 

Yongguk passed you a mic and smiled at you as the song started and you began to sing with Yongguk’s eyes on you.

 

“Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world, took the midnight train going anywhere”

 

You looked over at Yongguk and found his eyes still on you as his verse began with the biggest, gummy smile you’ve seen.

 

“Just a small town boy, born and raised in south Detroit, he took the midnight train going anywhere.”

 

You couldn't help but smile at how adorable he was. He was still drunk so his words were quite slurred, but he was so into the song that nothing really mattered. His voice was so husky and his accent was so cute, the whole scenario was perfect.

 

As the song progressed, he eventually came up behind you and pulled you close to his chest and he wrapped you in his arms and continued to sway to the beat.

 

The chorus continued and you sang together into the mic;

 

“Strangers waiting, up and down the boulevard, their shadows searching in the night, streetlight people, living just to find emotion, hiding somewhere in the night.”

 

As the song came to an end, you were still comfortably situated in his arms, swaying together to the beat, with your hands on his.

 

He continued to hold you past the song, placing a soft kiss on the top of your head.

 

“You’re my favourite duet partner, you know that?”

 

You chuckled and hummed in response as you pulled away from him to go back to your table.

 

“As much as I love you, I would rather watch you then be on the stage”

 

He followed you back to the table and sat across from you, picking up his unfinished glass of whisky and drinking it.

 

“But I want my favourite girl with me on stage, you are so much more fun then the boys.” Suddenly something triggered in Yongguk’s mind and he began to ramble, “The boys are interesting and they can be funny sometimes but you are just so much more fun to be with, I have so much more to talk to you about with and you are so cute and funny and loving and I love you-”

 

As Yongguk goes on his rampage you can't help but smile and tear up at his sudden gush of affection to you.

 

“No why are you crying, don't cry, did I say something wrong I'm sorry babe don't cry.”

 

“Yongguk honey, I'm fine it's just everything you said I just- I love you too.” You said with a soft smile.

 

“Oh thank god ok, yes I love you a lot.” He said with a sigh of relief and a gummy smile.

 

As you continued talking, he continued to take casual sips of his drink, resulting in a slurring, stumbling, crazy, drunk Yongguk.

 

“Do you know what I think a lot about, how come so much happens in the world, yet you still manage to find that one perfect person. I am a performer and I have met so many people and so many genuine people but none of them make me feel like you. How can someone be so pretty and human but make me feel like I need to give you my heart. I just, what? This world is so good.”

 

Yongguk just continued pouring his heart out, slurring his words together and using the most over exaggerated, adorable hand expressions.

 

“Can I tell you a secret, don't tell anyone ok?”

 

You giggle at his childish expression but nod in response.

 

“I wrote some songs about you, but you don't know which ones they are. Like I wrote I Guess I Need U, and Diamond 4 Ya about you but you don't know, it's so funny!”

 

Nothing can stop him by now. The alcohol was so deep in his veins it was blinding him from realizing what he was saying.

 

“You know, when I'm on tour, as much as I love going to see these places and meet the fans and everything that comes with it, they tire me out so easily. At first I thought I was just being lazy but I realized that you give me so much energy and I just feel drained without you, so I will look through the pictures of you in my phone every night and before every concert. Himchan said I should tell you because it's cute and all that, but I wanted to just keep it to myself I just like that it's my little ritual.”

 

You just smile through his little rants and rambles as the confessions pour out of him unconsciously.

 

As the night continued, the bar became more and more crowded and you became more and more uncomfortable, and no matter how drunk Yongguk may have been, when you were uncomfortable, he would be the first to notice.

 

“Let's get out of here?”

 

You nodded and smiled as you walked over to the car together and you got into the driver’s seat and Yongguk sat next to you in the passenger's seat.

 

“Where do you want to go?” You asked him, starting up the engine.

 

“I’m kind of hungry… bubble tea?”

 

You immediately started driving and Yongguk laughed beside you, knowing your crazy love for bubble tea.

 

You quickly made your way over to your favourite bubble tea place and parked the car. Since Yongguk was still pretty drunk, you had to help him walk into the little cafe and sit him down while you ordered, but you couldn't help and giggle at how he would always repeat his order when he would forget it.

 

You ordered two bubble teas and brought them back to the table for both of you to share while you continued your night out. The discussions from the karaoke bar never seemed to die down as you were still talking all night, Yongguk rambling and you mainly laughing and commenting occasionally.

 

You slowly sip on your bubble tea, until all of a sudden Yongguk almost jumps out of his seat and quickly walks over to your side.

 

“Let's go to the beach.”

 

Before you could ask Yongguk what he meant, you saw him basically run out the door. You quickly reach for your bag and keys as he was almost already gone and run to catch up to him speeding towards the car. He jumps into the passenger’s seat and waits for you to start the car.

 

“Wait what are you talking about, you are drunk, what do you want to do at the beach?”

 

“Have fun with you.”

 

You turn to face the wheel, and with a sigh you put the car in drive and start driving to the beach.

 

It was late on a clear night so the moon was high and bright in the sky and the farther we got from the bright city lights, the brighter the stars got.

 

Yongguk rolled down the window, starting to sober up as he gazed out at the stars and put his arm out enjoying the wind against his skin.

 

As you pull up to a red light at the intersection before the beach you turn to find Yongguk looking at you with a look of admiration in his eye. You smile at him, reflecting the same look of love to him and continued to drive to the beach.

 

You turn off the engine and get out of the car to the view of the soft tides rolling towards the shore under the moonlight. Standing there for a minute, you admired the beauty of the ocean at night as Yongguk silently made his way over to your side and brought you into a back hug, resting his head on top of yours.

 

“Beautiful isn't it?”

 

“Very.”

 

“Let’s go in.”

 

You turn your head to ask Yongguk what he meant, but before you knew it Yongguk was running towards the ocean, throwing off his shirt and pants and diving straight into the ocean in his boxers.

 

You made your way over to him laughing as you see your grown up boyfriend splashing around in the ocean as if it was a kiddy pool.

 

You stood from the beach and watched Yongguk run around as you admired the scene. The image before you was truly stunning, his curly hair slightly messy from the running around, his exposed body already wet from the water and glistening under the moonlight, he was mesmerizing.

 

You stood there zoned out until you realized Yongguk was yelling at you, “Honey come join me!”

 

“And who is going to drive you home?”

 

“You will, now come before I drag you in here.”

 

Although Yongguk was drunk, you knew that he was absolutely serious when he said he would drag you in.

 

Taking your chances, you stayed on the beach and watched as he continued to play in the ocean.

 

Unfortunately with Yongguk, he always kept his word and before you knew it, you were thrown over Yongguk’s shoulder and tossed into the ocean.

 

The water was frozen, your clothes were heavy from the water, and your hair was a mess, but those were the last things on your mind as Yongguk began splashing you.

 

You laughed and played in the ocean until you were soaking, chilled to the bone, and exhausted. Yongguk pulled you in and enveloped you in his arms sharing the little body heat he had left with you, wrapping his arms around you and resting his head on yours, as you wrapped your arms around him and rested your head on his chest.

 

He slowly pulled away and tilted your head up to look into your eyes.

 

“I love you so much I don't even know the right words to explain, I love you so much- I love you more than you love bubble tea.”

 

You laughed at his words and blushed, “That's not true, that's just the alcohol talking.”

 

“Alcohol or not, I will always love you the most in this world.”

 

With that, he pulled you even closer and gently pressed his lips against yours for what felt to be the most loving, genuine, and caring kiss you have ever shared with anyone.

 

You loved him so much you couldn't even begin to describe how you felt, the hold that man had over your emotions were sometimes overwhelming, but you wouldn't change anything for the world.

 

You stood there for what felt like an eternity until you finally realized, “We are soaking wet, how are we supposed to get back into the car and go home?”

 

He laughed and kissed your forehead, “I'm the drunk one, you are supposed to take care of me, remember?”