THE EPIPHANY

EPIPHANY—MYG

   "let's breakup."

     the words she didn't want to say, eleven letters he didn't want to hear. surprise was all over his angelic face, regret invaded her numb body. her eyes roamed all over the room, while his were locked at her. he held her cold hand, she removed his warmth.

silence filled the whole room, both hearts were beating rapidly. he wanted to ask why but no words dared to come out of his lips. she wanted to tell him why but her mind kept shut. candles began to melt, she began to melt. rain started to pour outside, his tears started to pour.

the sun was now setting, the moon was now appearing. the wind's touch was cold, so does her to him. he was now fragile like the flowers in his garden. he used to be tough, she used to be sweet. she was like a honey back then, he was unbreakable like a rock before this. he loves her so much, she loves him too much. she wanted to say sorry, he wanted to apologize.

he let out a deep sigh, she turned her gaze to him. his eyes met hers, his eyes were like falls, his tears were non-stop. her eyes were like glass, it's all watery.

"will you marry me. . .he said, he stated, she was confused, tears started to form in the brims of her eyes but she held it back. 

why are you doing this? why are you making it harder for me? she mentally questioned him, but has no courage to ask these to him.

she was hurting him, he was killing her.

before she opens , he smiled at her, his lips formed a sad smile, she was again, confused.

"that's what i wanted to ask earlier. . ." a tear slipped out of his eye.

"the reason why i wanted to have a dinner with you,he said while tears were continuously flowing on his porcelain skin. he broke down.

seeing him cry, kills her. he was slowly killing her by his tears. she wanted to cry, she wanted to say sorry, she wanted to take it back and hug him, kiss him, tell him that she loves him more than anything, anyone in this world, but she can't. she just can't.

he was so desperate. so desperate that he even told her why he wanted to see her, he took out the box in his coat's pocket. he put the red box in front of her, knelt beside her and kissed her hand, mumbled apologies, whispered for forgiveness.

"i'm sorry, i'm sorry for not being a perfect boyfriend, i'm sorry for everything that i've done, please, please forgive me, forgive me, forgive me, i love you, i love you so much, i love you more than anything, more than anyone, please don't do this, please, i'm begging you to stay with me, to marry me, please. . ." he was a mess, his tears were unstoppable, he kept on kissing her hand, her knuckles, kept on begging, kept on apologizing.

she knelt in front of him, tears were now visible on her flawless skin, she cupped his cheeks, trying to meet his gaze, but failed. his eyes were closed, praying that this was just a nightmare.

her lips met his, he opened his eyes and more tears flowed. it was real, this was real, it's not a dream nor a nightmare. she smiled while tears kept flowing. he frowned at her, started to sob and started to apologize again.

"you're perfect in my eyes, you're my everything, you give me reasons to live, to breathe, to fight, you're the best thing i ever had, you're the most amazing person and the most important man in my life today, tonight, tomorrow and maybe, forever, until my last breathe but. . .she wiped his tears and touched his soft pink lips.

"we're not made for each other. . ." she said, cried in front of him, mumbled apologies for hurting him, saying that he's perfect, saying that he's worth it, telling him that he deserved someone who'll stay with him.

they both love each other but they were not made for each other. the sad reality hit her, the sad reality hurt him. he believed that he was born for her, she used to believe that too. fate made them meet, fate made them love each other but fate made them separate.

she hugged him, tight. he kissed her hair, many times. the room was filled with sadness, filled with sobs, filled with tears, filled with love, filled with hurt, filled with regrets and filled with broken pieces.

he was broken, she was damaged. she kissed him, he kissed her back. he kissed her with all his might, she kissed him filled with love. her tears merged with his, they're both crying, they're both in love but they were both broken. broken because of each other, broken because he loves her, broken because she loves him.

when they parted, he kissed her forehead, she kissed his hands. she hugged him for the last time, he held her hands for the last minute. she cried and whispered her apologies, he cried and whispered i love you's. she made her way to the door, his hands made its way to hers. he looked at her, she smiled at him. she brushed his hands off, his tears made its way to his neck, again.

"i love you. . .he said when she was in front the door, her back was facing him.

she cried, again. she covered her lips, trying not to sob, trying to be strong, trying to show him that she's not dying inside.

she grabbed for the doorknob, then there goes the words, again. making her feel weak, making her heart melt, making her fall in love with him, all over again.

"i love you, jisoo, so much. . ." she twisted the doorknob with all her remaining strength, stepped out of his house, out of his life.

it was pouring outside, she was pouring inside. with bloodshot eyes, tear-stained face and broken heart, she looked at his place for the last time and mumbled the words she's been dying to tell him.

"i love you too, yoongi. . . so much, too much."