Introduction

Brother complex| a BTS fan fiction

Areum POV:

 

“rock! paper! scissors!” My best friend, jenny, and I are playing truth rock paper scissors since we’ve found ourself bored. 

I closed my eyes when I said shoot. I immediately prompted to rock. 

Just opening my right eye I saw a sad look on Jenny and when I looked down she was holding scissors.

I started jumping around excited. 

“So, what do you want to know?” Jenny asked.

I smiled. “my brother, Sehun, I’ve had a feeling that he’s dating and since Im absent from school for 3 weeks now. I need to know.” I asked over Skype. I was in America where me and mom lived for a while. My mom was finishing her phd degree and I had to tag along and leave Seoul. I studied there for about 4 years in the US, but I really missed home and wanted to go back. My brother Sehun would always call and ask if I met any boys, and that its prohibited that I meet boys without his knowledge. I didn’t mind that he was over protective but in the same way I didn’t want him to have a girlfriend because then he would leave me, and stop caring about me.

BUT, now I’m excited since tomorrow Im going back to Seoul where I will meet my brother and Jenny again. School started 3 weeks ago in Korea but jenny’s kept me up to date, so that I wont come back with no knowledge at all.

 

“well he…. I don’t know if I should tell you-“ Jenny stalled.

“He is isn’t he?!?!” I raised my voice, cutting Jenny off. All what she did was nod.

“who the hell is she?!” I got more mad by the second. My face became redder than a tomato.

“well the girl is Yura, and she’s basically the hottest creature in the whole world. She’s smart, kind, caring, and beautiful. I believe your brother deserves someone like her. Areum? Are you okay pumpkin??” Whilst Jenny kept talking about how wonderful this girl is all I could do is just listen. My brother is a wonderful and amazing guy, he helps in animal shelters. He’s the best baseball and soccer player. He’s handsome and is the kindest creature you”ll ever meet, and he deserves the best.

 

I should let him be happy. I don’t want him to hate me obviously… but if I meet her and don’t like her damn it all! I’ll destroy the relationship with no path of return. 

“jenny I’m going to sleep y’know the time zones are different, and I have to get some rest so I can catch that flight tomorrow.” I felt down and just wanted to close my eyes.

“okay areum, text me when you land tomorrow, goodnight!” Jenny said and waved.

“good night” I closed the call. I fell on my back where my head hit the pillow. When I closed my eyes I imagined my brother with this what-her-face Yura  and my eyes immediately shot open. 

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!” I started rolling off my bed and fell to the ground.

 

-THUD-

My mom came rushing to my room. “Areum are you okay sweety?” My mom saw me on the floor rubbing my behind since I fell on my , and she just started laughing.

“honey go to sleep, we have a big flight to catch tomorrow.

I decided to turn some music. Listening to little prince by Kim Ryewook  made me so relaxed.

My eyes started to slowly drift and fell asleep.

 

“thank you for choosing Korea airline, hope you had a great flight this was your captain Lee MinJo and please make sure that you have everything from your cabin completely before exiting the plane. The cabin crew and I thank you for a quite and wonderful flight.” Me and my mom stood up taking our bags from the cabins we only had one suit case each because all my other stuff have been sent by cargo 1 moth ago and it already reached home by now.

‘we just landed’ I sent a message to Jenny and as soon I press sent she replied ‘I’m going to your house now!’ 

I giggled and closed my phone looking up.

-welcome arrivals- 

Was written on a board above a glass double door. My mom and I looked at each other smiling and walked through it. We kept looking through the crowded people with flowers and signs, desperately looking for a familiar face. 

 

“Where are they?” I whispered under my breathe.

“Here! Over here! Hey Areum!” The familiar voice, his voice that I was so used to on the phone is now really in front of me. I looked at him, his face was just as I remember it. I immediately ran and hugged him.
“hey big bro” I said hugging him. 

“hey little sis.” He patted my head “We have so much to catch up on, don’t we?” He looked at me with a serious but a cute expression. 

And in that moment I remembered the snake Yura.

“oh young man you have a lot to explain about.” I looked him dead in the eye, leaving his warm embrace.

“oh! SHI$!” He held his mouth in shock “jenny” he whispered but it was loud enough for me to hear.

“When were you going to tell me about her?” I asked, testing his honesty.

“Believe me my beautiful angel she’s in no comparison to you, but you’ll love her. She’s kind, sweet, understanding.” He emphasized understanding and I just sat there looking like the grumpy cat. 

My mom took her time talking with dad. “dad I think it’s time to switch partners.” Sehun said and my father laughed. 

“my beautiful daughter has grown into a fully grown flower.” My father smiled his signature father-proud smile. 

“dad! I missed you so much…;_;” I started tearing up. 

He embraced me and we were able to be chat all the way home. When we stopped home I saw someone sitting at my front door. It was Jenny!

I immediately ran out the car once it stopped and hugged my long lost friend. 

She started crying then I started crying. We didn’t have much catching up since we talk almost everyday on skype.

 

 

 

 

Seoul is so pretty at night, when I looked out of my bedroom window I was able to see the night stars, which was a first since New York was always a busy place, full of lights that stole away the beauty of gods creations. 

 

-3 days later-

5:00 am

‘alarm bell rings’

“shhhhhhh keep it down!”

I just wanted to sleep but now I have to go to school and here in Korea school starts earlier than mine did….>.<“

Believe me if I could I would’ve banned school hours being to early. If only I could I would at least start by 10am where I can actually sleep for a good amount of time.

“wake up idiot!” Sehun knocked on my door, he’s too used to this. The cute thing about him is that he isn’t used to girls in the house, so he doesn’t open my room door because he doesn’t to see something that he’ll fave to regret later. And I have been dealing with his screaming for the past days.

“okay!” I got mad. I hate when my sleep is interrupted.

I started rolling around on my bed.

-thud-

I fell on my … again. 

 

Sehun opened the door immediately, but this time no one laughed. He just stood there, he didn’t know to react. Should he laugh or should he come and help me. Then he just turned around and said that I have to be ready by 6:00, whilst rubbing his neck.

 

I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror, shi*! What am I wearing???

It was a Mickey Mouse sports bra and very short pajama shorts. What was I thinking, oh yeah I remember it was really hot at night and my air conditioner was broken so I simply had to change.

I messed up big time!

I immediately acted like I forgot. To save myself from embarrassment of course, and because thats the last thing I want to worry about. 

I just did my hair, changed to my uniform, and did my makeup. Sehun and I headed outside after breakfast, and he walked me to school teaching me the way. I met Jenny at the gate and us three were walking around. Jenny was in a different class and her other friends called her since she had a project with them. I was following sehun, he met some of his friends and they were introduced to me. A girl approached him and he held her hand whispering in her ears, her yes went shot open  and shapes the letter ‘O’. She immediately looked at me and smiled at me. Why is she so pretty thats weird? Sehun has a pretty friend except for Baekhyun?  She kneeled down to my level and… patted my head. 

 

“Hi there, areum! Im your oppa’s girlfriend. My name is Yura, which grade are you? An elementary school student?” Yura said like she was talking like I was a child.

 

 

I looked at her ‘like bish! wtf?’ And she laughed. “ Im joking! Ah your killing me- hahaha- I know that your in sophomore year, but your face was priceless” she stood up and sticked her hand out.

“sorry Im quite of a tease” she smiled.

I just walked away, and headed to sehun.

“I’m heading to class…” I just told him and left.

 

I know, I know rude but don’t judge. Im just testing her, is she really worth my brother’s time?

——- ————————————————————

HI!

I'm author-nim and this is my first story on AFF and i would like to celebrate this occasion with a Q&A so you are free to ask any question you would like, and please don't forget to subscribe. I'll try to make an upload schedule, but no promises.

glad to meet potential my readers, and friends. 

-your one and only BANGTANSH00KYEODAN