Looking out of the window

The Dark Outside

 

When Seokjin was still a little boy, he always finds himself looking outside the window, usually as the sun was beginning to set and the dark sky with it's moon and stars to take its place. Just as the sky has already began to darken as it was nearing night time, the little kids were being called by their parents to return inside to the safety of their homes, with some kids arguing why they coulnd't play for 10 minutes more.

He remembers always saying to his parents, "Eomma, why can't I go outside at night? And why can't the other kids go outside too?" Seokjin asked his mother as she was cooking their dinner in the kitchen while waiting for his father to arrive from work.
His mother then stops cutting the ingredients to ponder about how to answer her curious child's question, but soon enough comes to a simple answer and approaches her little boy, "It's because Eomma and Appa just want to keep you safe, and so do other parents, they only want too keep their children safe too," his mother replies simply as she gave little Seokjin a reassuring and loving smile, "so if you want, would you like to watch and maybe even help Eomma cook dinner while we wait for Appa?" she asked little Seokjin who had always wanted to try to cook someday.

And at hearing his mother's offer, Seokjin vigorously nodded as his face lit up like he had just received the best gift ever, and his mother simply giggled at his reaction as they went ahead to continue cooking.

 

As the mother-and-son duo finished cooking dinner, Seokjin's Appa arrived home already as his mother was already preparing the table for dinner. Seokjin jumped happily as his father was already home after a whole day of work, "Appa! Appa! Welcome home! I missed you!" Seokjin cheerfully said to hiis father who he noticed had brought home something, "Appa, what's in that small box?" Seokjin said with outmost curiosity. "I'll show it to you later, first we have to eat your Eomma's dinner," his Appa replied.
"Okay! Appa, I helped cook dinner today!" Seokjin proudly said to his father as they began to walk towards the dining room, "Really? Now I'm sure it would taste even better!" his Appa said as they arrived at the dining room with the air smelling of samgyeopsal and kimchi all over. "Welcome home, love!" Seokjin's mother greeted her husband, "Can we eat now?" Seokjin said as his tummy began grumbling, "Of course, sweetheart! We better get eating before the food gets cold," his mother said guiding him to his chair as the whole family finally started to eat, as they talked about their day.

 

The whole family ate the delicious dinner that Seokjin and his mother mad, happily. When everyone was already finished eating, Seokjin was already getting tired as he was starting to yawn and having trouble keeping his eyes open, "Seokjinnie, I think it's time for you to sleep, so Appa will help you to brush your teeth and dress for bed, okay?" his mother said as she noticed he was starting to fall asleep, Seokjin nodded and let out a quiet and muffled "okay," as he was picked up by his father and carried upstairs for bed.
After Seokjin was helped by his father to get ready to rest for the day, as they were already in his room containing all of Seokjin's favorite toys and plushies (mostly Super Mario), Seokjin coulsnt help but ask his father the same question he asked his mother earlier as he was looking outside of the window, "Appa, why can't I go outside at night? And why can't the other kids go outside too? Eomma said that you and the other parents do that because you only want us to be safe," Seokjin once again asked, hoping to get a different answer.

Like his mother, his father also thought of how to answer his child, but after seemingly settling on an answer, he said to Seokjin who was already tucked into bed as he was getting sleepy, "Yes, it's true that we parents don't let our kids go out at night, especially without other people watching over you, because we only want you to be safe and do what's best for you, but someday when you grow up even more and become older, you'll understand," his father said truthfully but still leaving Seokjin a little puzzled and curious, but could no longer ask another question as sleep was now starting to take over, but he still heard another reminder from his father as he was about to leave the boy to sleep,

"Remember Seokjin-ah, nowadays, the dark can be a very dangerous place, good night and sweet dreams," his father said as he left and Seokjin finally let sleep take him.

 

As the night deepens, and as everyone finally heads off to sleep, a loud scream was heard from one of their neighbors, and when some people from the streets approach the source of the scream, they found what they hoped they didn't find,

It was a teenage girl's body, seemingly dead, with almost half of all her blood drained.