Let's Take Our Time

Break the Cycle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A sea of bodies dancing against the beat littered the club’s dance floor with Sana’s and Momo’s dancing amongst it.

 

Without a care in the world, even the approaching strangers, Sana and Momo danced to their hearts content. It wasn’t until Sana felt a hot breath against the base of the back of her neck that she decided to slow down with her dancing and take a curious peek at her unexpected dance partner.

 

She turns around and lightly shoves away the intruder, backing away to get closer to Momo who seems to be in the same situation as her. Sana isn’t really in the mood to deal with this. Not like she isn’t used to guys (and girls) coming up to her and Momo like this, thinking they can have their way with them but tonight, Sana just doesn’t have the patience for it.

 

She continues to evade the guy’s intrusive hands trying to reach out to hold on to her waist, despite her hazy state. Having had enough, Sana grabs Momo’s hand and drags her to bar area where she asks the bartender for another round of drinks.

 

“Hey, why did you leave so soon? We were just starting to have fun!” the burly-looking guy trying to dance with Sana says as he walks up to them along with a couple of his friends.

 

Sana rolls her eyes in response whilst Momo acted like she doesn’t hear anything.

 

“Oh come on, baby girl. Don’t be like that! We always watch you guys during games at the academy. Don’t tell me you don’t know us?” he smirks as he crosses his arms over his chest.

 

Sana raises an eyebrow at the guy. She realizes she has indeed seen them around school; just a bunch of Casanova-wannabes flaunting their parents’ money to be exact and she doesn’t really care about any of them to begin with.

 

Momo settles her drink down and turns to the guys bothering them.

 

“Oh yeah! I think I’ve seen you before. You were the ones yelling like crazy and ogling at us on the stands!” Momo affirms, her voice dripping with sarcasm. Yet the uninvited guests don’t seem to sense any of it.

 

“Yeah! So you saw us!” one of the other guys says, taking a step closer.

 

The sarcastic smile on Momo’s face drops.

 

“No.”

 

Sana watches in amusement as Momo turns her back on them and continues to sip on her drink. It’s rare for Momo to be that way, a per se. It’s usually Sana who takes on that role for the both of them, knowing that Momo has always been and will always be a softie.

 

“You’re a sassy …” the guy speaks once again, a scowl forming on his face, which turned into a disgusting smirk a second later.

 

“I like that.” He then takes a bold step forward and puts an arm around Momo’s shoulders.

 

On instinct, Momo turns around and pushes the guy off of her with all that she can, throwing the rest of her drink on his face. Sana steps in front of Momo right away, seeing the guy recovering from being shoved back and walking towards them again.

 

“You like it rough, huh? I can play that way too.” Sana prepares herself as the guy raises his hand in an act to hit them, when out of nowhere, another person steps in front of her and catches the guy’s incoming hand and quickly twists it to his back in a span of two seconds.

 

Sana blinks twice, one arm held out defensively in front of Momo who was still standing behind her when she hears the guy yelping in pain as his entire arm is being twisted behind him by the stranger.

 

“That’s not very nice.” Dahyun says as she lets go of the guy’s arm by pushing him towards his friends and retreats one step back.

 

Hearing the familiar voice of the captain had Sana sobering up pretty quickly.

 

“What the ?!” the guy says as his posse of two, helps him get back up. He clings on to his arm in pain and sees that the other clubbers have dispersed to the sides, watching the scene unfolding in front of them.

 

“I suggest you take your friends with you and leave these ladies alone…”

 

Dahyun stares them down for a while.

 

“Unless you all want matching arm casts, then I’d be happy to oblige.” She says calmly but undeniably threatening.

 

Sana, herself, somewhat hopes these guys just went up and left them alone. But at the same time, she kind of wants to see the captain in action. She takes a glance at Momo behind her who seems to be thinking the same as she watches the captain intently.

 

Even Dahyun isn’t in the mood for this, but when she sees the guy getting back on his feet and marching towards them, she knew she didn’t have much of a chance in settling things diplomatically.

 

“Oh, I see. So it’s the matching casts then.” Dahyun says as the guy throws a punch directly to her face, which she dodges effortlessly. It was a bit of a funny sight, seeing as Dahyun’s height only reached up to the guy’s shoulder and he’s built like a bull, but it does go in her advantage as she easily dodges the punches being thrown by the other.

 

She smirks as she dodges an incoming left hook by going under his arm and reappearing behind him and sending a kick to his , knocking the guy out of balance and falling face first to the cold, hard floor.

 

She turns to look at the guy’s friends who seem to be in state of shock, seeing as Dahyun had barely even touched their friend, yet he’s down and out cold in a few seconds.

 

That doesn’t stop them from being stupid though, as the other guy grabs a billiard stick from a nearby pool table and proceeds on breaking it in half with his thigh, the other flanking him as backup.

 

He proceeds on twirling both sticks in his hands in an attempt to intimidate Dahyun who was merely standing and looking on as he approaches.

 

Raising his makeshift batons at Dahyun, he swings them, aiming at her left side.

Sana squeezed her eyes shut, thinking the captain will surely get hit this time. She hears a crash and feels Momo flinch behind her, then she opens her eyes, fully expecting Dahyun on the ground.

 

Instead, she finds the other guy sprawled on top of his other knocked out friend, weapons still in hand. How she did it, Sana regrets not knowing.

 

But it’s not yet over.

 

The other guy then marches up to her and grabs her by the coat collar, lifting her up about a couple of feet off the ground. Dahyun smirks as she raises both arms in the air and slides back down to the floor, removing herself from the coat and the guy’s hold.

 

She moves swiftly, sending her fore knuckles on the opponent’s throat and nose, rendering him incapacitated and choking for air.

 

“Dahyun, look out!” Dahyun hears Momo squeak out and turns around right away. The first guy has somewhat recovered and is about to strike her with his friend’s makeshift weapon. She reacts quickly and uses the heel of her palm, sending it full force up to his chin and then his chest. He stumbles a couple of steps back before persistently moving forward to attack again, only to have an incoming Dahyun doing a butterfly kick to his direction, her foot hitting him square on his left cheek and jaw, knocking him out instantly.

 

Dahyun lands right in front of him. She looks around for her coat and puts it back on, coolly brushing of a few specks of dirt from it and smoothing it out. Scanning the place, she eyes every single onlooker as if asking if anyone wants the same fate as the guys.

 

Everyone else flinched as Dahyun’s gaze passed them and took a step back when she started to move from her position, heading towards the two girls at the bar.

 

Without another word, Dahyun nods to the direction of the exit and waits for Sana and Momo to walk towards it before flanking them once again, in case anyone tries to come up to them again.

 

Once out of the door and out of the building, Dahyun unlocks their car with her key fob, opening its door and motioning for Momo and Sana to get in. The two does so without being told and sits inside quietly, waiting fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter