FINAL.

fearless.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Who never feel the feeling of falling in love? Everyone does. Even though we know it wouldn’t be real, but we couldn’t help but to fall more. Yebin once confessed her feeling to someone who she thought could change her whole life but she was wrong. It’s not the decision of confessing is wrong, it’s the timing. She’s too early.

Yebin jolted from her deep nap when she heard the sound of the door being knocked. She fixed her hair and went to get the door. A girl was standing there, with swollen eyes.

“Can I come in?”, the guest questioned. Yebin nodded and opened the door wider, making way for her to get in. She didn’t know what’s the deal here, but for that girl to be standing in front of her door right now, there must be something going on.

The girl placed herself on the stool bar. Yebin handed her a glass of water and she immediately gulped down the water in a shot.

“So, what’s the deal?”, Yebin started her interrogation. The girl kept quiet, biting her inner cheek. Yebin continued to cross her arm over her chest, resisting herself from making any gesture to the girl beneath of her.

“Yebin-ah.”, the girl called, followed by a soft hum by Yebin. The girl looked up, making a contact with Yebin. Her eyes slowly reverted to other part of Yebin’s feature.

“Minkyung unnie, what are you trying to do here?”, Yebin asked again. This time, she sounded firm and serious.

“I’ve made up my mind. And I hope you’re not gonna go against it.”, Minkyung told the girl.

In a split of second, Minkyung had already placed her hand behind Yebin’s neck as she placed her lips onto Yebin’s small moist lips. It was just a peck at the first second but Minkyung deepened the kiss seconds after, making it’s all hard for Yebin to back out. She knew she shouldn’t be feeling all of these right now, but the way Minkyung controlled her was so irresistible.

Please open your heart for me once again.

Yebin finally snapped back to reality and pulled away from the kiss, pushing Minkyung away from her with force. The girl hit the countertop but Yebin didn’t care.

“What the you think you’re doing, ?”, Yebin asked in a very angry voice. Minkyung swiftly held onto Yebin’s wrist tightly, not letting her go away this time.

“Yebin, please listen to me first.”, Minkyung pleaded in a soft voice, hoping that would chill her down.

“No, don’t make me as the trump card in your relationship with Kyungwon unnie.”

“Yebin, no! That’s not-”

Yebin pulled her hand away from Minkyung’s grip and get into her room, locking it from the inside. Minkyung stared at the closed door, expecting it to be open a few minutes later but it doesn’t. she had been watching the door for an hour now.

Minkyung scribbled some notes on a piece of paper and left it on the countertop before she left the apartment. Yebin unlocked her bedroom door as she heard the front door has been locked. She walked slowly towards the front door but stopped at the countertop as she saw the notes.

All I want is you now. I hope you can consider me back into your life.

-----=====-----

Yebin watched all the girl couple that was passing by the café during lunch hour. The genre has been somekind accepted in Korea since early 2017. Watching two girl walking while wrapping their hands around each other’s waist is nothing worrisome anymore. People had opened their mind and accepted the reality of life. Not every girl fell in love with a boy, some fall in love with a girl too. Not every confession should be accepted, some get rejected too due to resistance that they applied to themselves.

“Why are you staring at those girls with that pity look? You want to have a girlfriend too, is it?”, Kyulkyung asked as she tapped Yebin’s hand, bringing her back to current year.

“What are you saying? I’m not going down that path.”

Kyulkyung smirked sideways. “Yebin, this is an all girls’ college. Sooner or later, you would eventually find someone that you think special to you.”

“Come on. I mean I was like that too, right? Look at who I’m dating now.”, Kyulkyung clarified herself.

“Yeah, you’re that kind of traitor.”, Yebin , giggling to herself. “But, some manage to get out of here not having a girlfriend. I’m holding to that ‘some’, okay?”

“Well, goodluck with that. I think that Eunwoo wouldn’t let that happen to you. She likes you a lot. Do consider her in your life.”,

Yebin grinned half-heartedly, reminiscing to the note that Minkyung left for her days ago.

“Yebin, sorry that I’m late. Just finished my class.”, Eunwoo greeted them as she reached the café. Kyulkyung stood up and moved Eunwoo to the chair.

“I’m going back to my Nana, okay? Yebin, please behave and don’t screw up.”, Kyulkyung said as she planted a quick peck on Yebin’s head.

Yebin brushed her hair in annoyance. Eunwoo is a second year girl just like her. Yebin had received letters from her since two weeks ago, and she definitely had no idea what is she doing there with that girl.

“Why did you agree to go for lunch with me today? Is it because you pity me?”, Eunwoo asked. Yebin shook her head. “No, I just wanted to give us a try. Even though I’m really against this same gender stuff, I’ll try this with you.”

Yebin extended her hand, asking for her hands to be held. Eunwoo simpered sheepishly as she entwined her hands with Yebin’s.

“Wow, my heart is beating really fast right now. I’m not even kidding. I don’t even know the hell is this.”, Eunwoo told the girl. Yebin chuckles, not knowing how to respond since she didn’t feel anything deep down.

After they finished their dessert, Yebin excused herself to the restroom. Eunwoo is a kind and beautiful girl but really, nothing she did made Yebin nervous. She stared at the mirror.

You look so pitiful Kang Yebin. Get a grip and don’t screw up.

“Is she your new girlfriend?”, Minkyung suddenly appeared. Yebin made an eye contact with her through the mirror.

“That’s none of your business.”

“Do you hate me that much?”, Minkyung asked, her brows furrowed. She crept nearer to Yebin and turned the girl to face her.

“Look at me and say it. I’m not worth anymore in your life, is it?”, Minkyung asked. She sounded sincere but demanding.

Yebin reverted her eyes away from Minkyung. “Maybe I just don’t want to acknowledge you in my life. You’re happier with Kyungwon unnie anyway.”

Minkyung bit her lower lips, unsatisfied. “Why do you want me to be with Kyungwon so much? Have you ever thought that I actually want to be with you?”

Yebin snickered. “If you did, you wouldn’t reject me before and embarrassed me throughout the semester.”

“Oh and yeah, because Kyungwon made you feel that. She deserved your full heart.”

Yebin walked out of the restroom, her face was pale that worried Eunwoo.

“You looks sick. Are you okay?”, Eunwoo asked concern.

Yebin swiftly linked her hand with Eunwoo and walked out of the café, not wanting to bump into her nightmare again. Enough is enough. Yebin is done with the she has to deal when it comes to Minkyung.

It was already 1 o’clock in the morning and Yebin haven’t sleep yet. As a student, it is understandable that some may burn the midnight oil to finish their assignment.

The doorbell rang. Yebin whirled around, apparently feeling a bit scared. It’s 1AM? She got up from her study desk and took a peep through the door hole.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter