Eyes on You

Loving You Nonetheless

"Your smile is straining," a voice whispers in his ear, making Donghyun drop what he's doing to smack his friend and fellow member's arm. 

"Stop teasing me, Jaehyun-ah!" Donghyun whines, earning him an amused smile from the latter. 

They're currently in the middle of a fan meeting, where they are suppose to offer fan-service and communicate with the fans. Donghyun would argue that Joochan and Jibeom are doing a tad bit too much fan-service, but that's just him. 

"We're in the same position anyway, so I don't think you should be talking," Donghyun adds sullenly, tipping his chin in his boyfriend and Jibeom's direction. 

Jaehyun instead looks away, feigning a scowl as he playfully jabs Donghyun in the ribs with his elbow. 

Although they are clearly joking around, the younger boy feels slightly bad for the comment he made and so he gets up from his chair, and wraps both arms around his friends neck, squeezing apologetically. 

"We should make our ship sail too," Donghyun grins cheekily, as he strikes a peace sign pose to the cameras and earning squeals of delight from fans. 

"Act cute, Jaehyun-ah." 

Jaehyun snorts, but he does just that, as he forms one half of a heart and urges Donghyun to do the same. 

Donghyun grins and this time, the smile does reach his eyes. He completes the heart with his opposite hand and then forms a smaller finger heart with his free hand on Jaehyun's cheek. 

Donghyun is so immersed in what he's doing that he doesn't notice the burning gaze from a certain somebody. 

The smaller boy detaches himself from Jaehyun and is able to take a seat on his own chair when he's abruptly pulled. Donghyun loses his balance and falls unceremoniously on his friend's lap. Donghyun stares at Jaehyun with wide eyes and an open mouth, flashing his signature shocked expression, as he finds himself seated quite comfortably on Jaehyun's lap. 

"Oi, what do you think you're doing?" Donghyun tries to sound tough as he turns around to poke at said friend's chest, but he fails, and ends up giggling. 

Jaehyun shrugs innocently, and loosely leaves his arms hanging around the boy's waist. 

They laugh together at lame jokes and go from playing with the bubble guns to playing rock paper scissors.

Donghyun almost forgets that he's still sitting on Jaehyun's lap and remains oblivious to the side-eye glances that he's been receiving. 

When Donghyun glances to the left, he's met with the familiar eyes of his partner and he immediately looks away. He feels eyes burn into the side of his face, and Donghyun considers sliding back to his seat before he really gets into trouble. 

Yet he feels oddly satisfied at the half irritated and half pouty expression that Joochan is trying to cover up. 

"Don't look now, but I think you're in trouble," Jaehyun whispers, and Donghyun can hear the amusement in his voice. 

The smooth and silky voice that he's so used to hearing emits from behind him. 

"Donghyun," Joochan murmurs, and within a blink of an eye, he scoops Donghyun up as if picking up a child and holds him close to his chest as he's carrying him. 

Donghyun yelps loudly, and the crowd of fans coo at him desperately grasping on to Joochan's shirt just in case his boyfriend decides to be an and release him. 

"I can't believe you did that right in front of me," Joochan mumbles softly, and Donghyun can definitely hear the sulkiness in his voice.

While flashing a quick smile to fans, Joochan goes back to carrying Donghyun around as if it's normal to hold a grown man chest to chest. 

"I didn't mean anything by it," Donghyun says, and later adds in a smaller voice, "but I'm sorry if I unintentionally hurt you." 

"I know you didn't. I just felt jealous," Joochan answers openly and then sighs, leaning back to stare right into Donghyun's eyes. Though Donghyun is touched by the gesture of intimacy, he is painfully aware that now is not the time to act all affectionately. 

With an apologetic smile, he starts to struggle in his hold, repeatedly tapping his hand on Joochan's shoulder and laughing at the shocked expression on his boyfriend's face after he's forced to let go. 

Once the smaller boy is back on his own two feet, he quickly snatches Joochan's wavering hand in his own and holds it up to wave at the fans. 

Joochan clicks his tongue and shakes his head, showcasing his signature disappointed expression that he always makes, with both eyes closed and pursed lips. Donghyun chuckles, thankful that his boyfriend understood perfectly and is playing along. 

The rest of the members come out to join them in standing at the front of the table, signalling that they are at the last section of the fan meet. 

Out of nowhere, Jaehyun hops in between the narrow space between them with a sly smirk. Jibeom, who is trailing behind, gives the former a weird stare and appears to contemplate whether or not to pull Jaehyun away. 

Joochan, on the other hand, looks almost offended at the appearance of his friend.

 

Not wanting to upset Joochan further, Donghyun manages to slide over until he's within arm's length of his partner. Joochan looks on curiously, eyes flickering from him to the fans and then back to him. 

Donghyun positions himself with his back towards his boyfriend and bends slightly down, tipping his head forward in a 'come hither' gesture. 

Joochan brightens up immediately and jumps on Donghyun's back, instantly locking his legs around his waist and arms slipping naturally over his neck. 

Although Donghyun initially staggers from the sudden weight addition, he mentally applauds himself for being able to carry Joochan's weight for the first time. Their fans scream in delight at their interaction, so much so that Joochan, who is rarely shy, hides away his heated face by burying it in Donghyun's neck. In the midsts of the commotion, Joochan plants a soft kiss against the pale skin, expecting his boyfriend to tense up. Yet the skin does not contract, instead, it remains unexpectedly relaxed. Joochan allows his lips to linger against the skin for a few seconds before drawing away completely.

Donghyun doesn't mention the kiss afterwards, but Joochan notices that once he has let go, familiar red ears greet him. 

And that is when he feels his heart swooning once again and he thinks that he's in too deep.