part 1;

It Takes Time

“D-did you have a rough day at work?”

 

“Yeah”

 

“Are you done with that case already? Has the verdict been finalised yet?”

 

A few months ago he told me he was working on a pretty huge case. I was wondering if the case was over.

 

“Yeah”

 

He doesn’t talk much about his work. When we first met, he mentioned specifically that he does not really like talking about his job in his personal life. I took that as a hint that he does not want his job and life to cross path.

 

We continued eating dinner quietly, neither of us speaking up throughout, letting the music at the restaurant filling up the silence.

 

After paying for dinner, we are now standing outside the restaurant looking at each other. Usually after dinner we would go on simple walks around the area. But tonight, he seems a little off. Was it his work? He's always been a man of a few words. Maybe he just needs some space tonight. Maybe today was a bad day to meet. Should I have chosen another day for us to go on a date?

 

“You must have had a hard day at work. Let’s end it here tonight then. It was nice having dinner with you Baekhyun-shi. Next time dinner’s on me okay?” I smiled.

 

Silence.

 

“Baekhyun-shi?”

 

I still call his name formally and he does the same. We’ve only been about together for about 6 dates since the first time we met. Generally, at this stage is where the girl waits for the guy to call him her girlfriend and officially be a couple. But looking at us for the past few dates, I feel like we are going nowhere. He’s a successful lawyer, while i’m just an office worker working from 9-5. I don’t know much about his job but what I do know is he takes big cases which goes on for months per case. As I said, he does not hold any attachment from his job to his personal life.

 

But if he made that statement himself, then why does it feel like we’re disconnected at this very moment?

 

“Oh, right. I’m sorry ______-shi, I feel slightly unwell tonight. Your treat sounds good next time. I’ll send you home then.”

 

“Ah it’s okay. I’ll go home alone. It’s not that late yet. I’ll make sure to text you when I get home” I bowed to him slightly out of politeness and smiled, taking the cue to leave and walked the other way.

 

 

 

“______-shi,” He called out my name.

 

I stood there in slight shock. I hadn’t realise I was frozen until Baekhyun came from behind and turned me around, grabbing my hand. I stared at our hands being held together followed by his eyes.

 

“Maybe we can have a slight walk?” His lips curled into a smile.

 

He never initiates anything. But maybe today is gonna be a little different?

 

I opened my mouth to reply but no words seem to come out. Instead, I just nod my head eagerly earning a chuckle from him.

 

 

***

author's note: part 1 up. this is my first time writing in this diary style. i've also not written in like 2 years lol so pls bare with me. i have a lot of weaknessess in my writing but sometimes i have big imaginations that i'd like to pen it down and share with the rest. 

 

thank u for reading and if u find any weird sentence structure or any confusing parts, please feel free to ask or correct me.