Memories of Your Presence

*☆ || Shimmering Lights || ☆*
character death, implied vegetative state, criminal case

 

Memories of Your Presence


I remember the way you would look at this mirror.

Everyone tells me to stop thinking about you, but even looking at this mirror and here I am, with your hands trailing down my spine and your eyes devouring my every waking moment. Nothing seems to be making any sense since you left me us. Jimin is coping in his usual way, over-compensating his way out of pain. Yoongi has a page for you in his secret poetry rhyme book, where he carefully erases everything whenever his emotions change towards you. The page is so blurry and fragile that you can't see the lines anymore. We're all still grieving you, even though you havent necessarily died and this all happened years ago.

I haven't gone in this room since all those years ago. The candles are still in their same place. Plastic flower petals flung about the room make me feel sick, but I can't bring myself to ever abandon my hope that I will wake up and this will have all been a dream.

Namjoon became a solo rap artist full-time, just like he always used to talk about. Seokjin quit to be his manager, somewhere out there in the big cities with flashing lights. Most of us stopped with the industry after they failed you us.

Hoseok never recovered from those stab wounds. He's still in the hospital, breathing only for the machines. No one ever could get from him what happened.

Your last words to me keep echoing, reverberating, whispering in my veins.

"A little adventure never hurt anyone."