fin

Too Good At Goodbyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Lil sis!!!"

 

"wae unnie??"

 

"accompany me to book store."

 

"eh? Why not your girlfriend??"

 

"I wouldn't be asking you if I could with Jeongyeon. I'll treat you smoothie..."

 

"okay!!!"

 

 

Nayeon went to the bookstore with her little sister. Nayeon took some novels and her sister took some comics. 
After they have done to purchase those books, they went to their favorite cafe. Nayeon order Matcha latte for herself and strawberry smoothie for her little sis.

They enjoying their own world with their own kind of book. Someone coming from the cafe door and she notice Nayeon with someone. She walks to approach them.

"Hey Nayeon...." greet the girl.

 

"Oh hey, Mina!! What are you doing here?"

 

"umm... chilling?" 

 

"I see... Why not you sit with us here?"

 

"Alright... I'll order first."

 

While Mina goes to counter for order, Nayeon's Lil sister looking at her sister weirdly.

"What?" ask Nayeon.

 

"why you seem awkward with her??"

 

"umm... it's nothing... w-we just had a little thingy in the past."

 

"I see.... she's pretty..."

 

"I know.... what?!"

 

"what are you reading??" Mina asks and came to sit beside Nayeon.

 

"umm... just romance novel."

 

"Alright... Hi there~" Mina greets the girl sitting in front of them.

 

"Hi~" 

 

"oh right, Mina this is my little sister Chaeyoung..."

 

"Hi Chaeyoung-ssi, I'm Myoui Mina."

 

"I'm Chaeyoung. Please just call me Chaeyoung, you don't have to be formal." Chaeyoung said awkwardly.

 

"Alright, Chaeyoung... What are you reading?"

 

"different from my sister, I read comics."

 

"wait!! You read that comic too?!! The new chapter is out??"

 

Nayeon chokes her drink once she heard the Y word.

 

"Are you okay??" Mina asked her.

 

"yea... I just didn't expect you to read those comics."

 

"hahaha... It's fun, right Chaeyoung?"

 

"yeah... oh Mina unnie, I'll lend you after I was done reading it."

 

"really? Thank you~~"

 

Nayeon and Mina chatting about college life, while Chaeyoung reading and steal a glance to Mina and smiled.

 

-------

"Chaengie!! Do you see my lipstick??" Nayon shout from her room.

 

"It in living room!!!" Chaeyoung shouts back from the living room.

 

Nayeon walks to the living room to take her lipstick.

"How could this thing here??"

 

"How could I know? Maybe after you make out with Jeongyeon hyung here last night."

 

"yah!!!"

 

"Unnie, have you see my pencil colors?"

 

"ah! it's at the dining table..." 

 

Chaeyoung walks to the dining table and takes her pencil colors.

"How could these things here?"

 

"maybe you were coloring while watching I make out." Nayeon sticks her tongue out, mock her, chaeyoung just give her deathly stare.

 

"unnie, does Mina unnie taken?"

 

"umm... I think nope, why?"

 

"Nothing... Just asking."

 

"ahh.... you like her!!!"

 

"maybe... she just so pretty."

 

"you like her cause she's pretty?? What a player."

 

"I'm not a player! I only met her once, I still don't know her personality."

 

"alright we will talk about this later... let's go! You almost late for school."

 

They walk out from their house to a car that parked in front of their house.

"Hey, babe~" Nayeon greet her girlfriend.

 

"Hey..." 

Nayeon closer her face and kiss Jeongyeon. They kiss was about like 3 seconds, Chaeyoung saw it just rolled her eyes. 

 

"H-hey Chaengie~~~" Jeongyeon greets her.

 

"Hey hyung..."

 

"yah Nabong!! We shouldn't kiss in front of your sister!!" 

 

"nah~ She saw us make out before... It's not a big deal for her anymore."

 

"I DID NOT!!!"

 

"whatever chaeng~"

 

-----

"Hey, Nayeon..." Mina greets her once Nayeon came to her class.

 

"Hey, Mina... What's up?"

 

"I've read the comic finish already so I would like to return it to Chaeng. Can you pass it to Chaeyoung??"

 

"umm... about that... How bout you meet her and give that back to her? She would more love that."

 

"really? Okay, then may I have her phone number??"

 

"Sure... why not."

 

"You did a good job for your Lil kiddo, Nayeon." Nayeon says to herself and proud. 

 

Once Mina got Chaeyoung phone number, she immediately texts her.

'Hey, Chaeyoung... Do you have time after school?' 

 

Chaeyoung having a chit-chat with her friends in class, they still freshmen. Then she feels her phone vibrate. She unlocks her phone and found a text from an unknown number.

"what is it??" Tzuyu asks her.

 

"a text from unknown number...."

 

"just text back and ask who is it... What's the big deal?" Tzuyu savagely says.

 

"yah! I'm about to text back!!!"

 

Chaeyoung reply to the text, 
'Sorry... Who is this?"

 

not for long, she feels her phone vibrate again.

'ah sorry, I forgot hehe... It's me Mina. I want to return your comic, so do you have time?'

 

Chaeyoung just smiling looking at her phone.

"Im Chaeyoung! Keep your phone, we about to start the lesson." Her teacher said once she enters the class.

 

"I'm sorry, Ms. Kang."

 

'okay sure... The same place as last time. My class about to start now. See you...' 
Chaeyoung replies to the text and she immediately keeps her phone inside her bag.

 

"It seems like Chaeng found someone. She keeps smiling at her phone." Tzuyu teases her.

 

"make sure she pretty, Chaeng...." Dahyun teases her too and fist bump with Tzuyu.

 

Chaeyoung just gives them a force smiles.

 

-----

Mina waiting patiently at the same cafe where they met before while having her iced chocolate. After waiting like 15 minutes, the person she waiting for finally come.

 

"S-sorry Mina unnie, the teacher won't stop nagging." Chaeyeong awkwardly said.

 

"that's okay... Do you want to order something?"

 

"I can order it myself, thank you..."

 

Chaeyoung went to counter to order her favorite drink, strawberry smoothie.

Mina looking at Chaeyoung, she smiles. 

"she's so cute...." 

 

They sit facing each other, Chaeyoung can't look directly into Mina's eyes. She feels something in her stomach, and she feels her cheeks burning. The feelings that Chaeyoung never felt before. 

They talk about comics and some other things.

 

"How could you not look like Nayeon??" 

 

"hahaha... I heard that a lot. Well, cause Nayeon unnie look like mom and I look like dad."

 

"you both sound like such of fun. Like having Nayeon as your sister, and Nayeon having a cute sister like you."

 

Chaeyoung cheeks more burning, she excuses herself to the bathroom.

"Mina said I'm cute... No way!!!" she said to her reflection on the mirror. 

"I think I have gone crazy!! Why this cheeks won't cool down??"

"I should order something colder than a smoothie."

She slaps her cheeks with her both hands, then out from the bathroom. Before walk directly to their table, Chaeyoung did order something colder.

"Iced americano juseyo~" she orders at the counter.

 

"oh! You ordered again?"

 

"y-yea... I wanted to drink something cold. I-i feels my body burning."

 

"are you sick??" Mina bends her body close to Chaeyoung, touch her forehead, checking her temperature. Chaeyoung was shocked with a sudden move, she stands up awkwardly.

 

"what's wrong??"

 

"I-i'm sorry Mina unnie... I-i'm fine, just... d-don't do that." Chaeyoung said nervously.

 

"Alright... I'm sorry, wanna go home?"

 

"No... that's okay... besides I can't go home now, Nayeon unnie still have something to do."

 

"with Jeongyeon??"

 

"yea... as always."

 

Mina facial suddenly changes into gloomy.

 

"is anything wrong, unnie?"

 

"n-nothing hehehe.... Seems Nayeon really love Jeongyeon."

 

"ah~ of course, Jeongyeon unnie is her first love."

 

Mina just nodded as her response, Chaeyoung understands her facial changing. The atmosphere becomes so awkward.

Chaeyoung takes something from her bag, her sketchbook, and her pen. She began to doodle, Mina who was busy with her phone before now back pay attention to Chaeyoung.

 

"you draw so well."

 

"thank you, unnie. Do you want me to draw a doodle of you??"

 

"sure if you not mind."

 

Chaeyoung uses a new sheet to draw a doodle of Mina. Chaeyoung focuses on drawing so well meanwhile Mina focus on looking at her. Somehow Mina feels her cheeks kinda burning by looking at her cute focus face.

 

"Done!!" 

Chaeyoung shows her drawing to Mina and smiles.

 

"This is so cute!!! Eh? Why there's penguin here??"

 

"cause you look like a penguin, cute."

 

Mina feels her cheeks more burning than before, and her heart racing.

 

"T-thank you... you're the first person saying I look like a penguin."

 

"is that a good thing or bad??"

 

"tsk~ of course, it's a good thing. And somehow you look like something too..."

 

"really? What is it?"

 

"Simba... The lion cub hehehe...."

 

Chaeyoung cheeks become so red like a tomato.

 

"Thank you... I heard that a lot hahahaa..."

 

"you're so cute too. You look like a lion cub and Nayeon looks like a bunny." They laughing together.

 

"ah! And Jeongyeon unnie looks like an ostrich." Chaeyoung laughs louder, she remembers when Jeongyeon doing a running ostrich.

 

Chaeyoung stop from laughing once her phone ringing. She checks on it and it's Nayeon calling her.

 

"excuse me Mina unnie..." She accepts the call.

 

'Ne unnie? You done?'

 

'sure...' She answered the call then hung up.

 

"Nayeon unnie coming soon, she going to fetch us."

 

They continue their conversations until Nayeon comes to the cafe.

 

"Sorry for waiting...." Nayeon greets them.

 

"that's okay... We had fun actually." Mina said.

 

"Where's hyung?" Chaeyoung asks Nayeon.

 

"she waiting inside the car. I gotta order some drinks for us first. You better pack your stuff now, Chaeng." Nayeon leave them and went to counter for order.

 

For a few minutes they done, went out of the cafe heading to Jeongyeon's car.

Once they all inside the car, Jeongyeon greets Mina.

"Hey Mina..."

 

"Hey..." Mina just greets her shortly.

 

The atmosphere becomes so awkward. Jeongyeon and Nayeon didn't dare to say any words. While Chaeyoung didn't understand what's happened with them in the past.

 

"Unnie... I'm hungry...." Chaeyoung try to start a conversation.

 

"right... Jeong, let's have dinner first..."

 

"Sure..."

 

"Mina you wanna have dinner with us?" Nayeon invites her.

 

"No thanks, I'll have dinner at my home." 

 

"o-okay... We'll take you home first."

 

The atmosphere becomes awkward again. It's a habit for Jeongyeon and Nayeon, they holding hands inside the car even Jeongyeon is still driving. Mina saw that scene and just let out of a sigh.

Chaeyoung notices Mina sigh, she wants to ask her what's wrong but she throws her gut away. She scares that she'll make the situation become worse. And she's confident there's something wrong between them.

 

Few minutes they inside the car without talking, finally they reach Mina's house.

"Thank you for taking me home... I going first. See you Chaeyoung and you both...." Mina bid her goodbye and smile only to Chaeyoung.

 

"Okay no problem, Mina... Take care..." Nayeon said.

 

"See you soon Mina unnie..." Chaeyoung smile back.

 

Once Mina went inside her house, they continue the ride to have dinner.

 

"She still hates me, huh?" Jeongyeon asks Nayeon.

 

"don't think too much, babe. Maybe she tired..." Nayeon said and caressing Jeongyeon's cheek.

 

"Alright... Btw, how's your date, Chaeng??"

 

"What date you talking about??!!! It's not a date!!! And nothing special, we still know each other."

 

"chill, man.... make progress on it." Jeongyeon cheered her.

 

They having talks, teasing each other on their way for dinner. They stop at Korean bbq restaurant. They orders samgyeopsal, japchae, and bulgogi. 

While grilling the meat, Chaeyoung been curious about something and she going to ask it.

 

"What happened between you both and Mina unnie in the past??" 

 

Jeongyeon and Nayeon just looking at each other, having a staring contest. And Jeongyeon never wins from Nayeon. She can't look at Nayeon's eyes for so long or not her face would turn into a tomato.

 

"fine!! umm... Mina ever had a crush on your sister."

 

"WHAT??!!!"

 

"your turn Nayeon... I don't know the whole story." 

 

"you heard it, Chaeng. She liked me from the first day of college, but I only see her as a friend." Nayeon explained.

 

"No no... Not that! Mina unnie into girls too?? I thought she's straight."

 

"I hope you see her face back then when she meets or talks with your sister." Jeongyeon joked.

 

Once Chaeyoung heard that Mina is into girls, she suddenly smiles. 

"is this mean I have a chance?" she thought.

 

"I know what you think, Chaeng." Nayeon said as she saw Chaeyoung silently smiling.

 

"Yea bro!! Go win her heart!! So we can be in peace." Jeongyeon joked again and she got a slap at her arm from Nayeon.

 

"but can I?" Chaeyoung innocently asks.

 

"of course you can... Nobody owns her yet, right babe??" Jeongyeon asked and Nayeon nodded.

 

"Yeah, I think so... I'll help you, Chaeng. But I want you to take it slow and make sure everything you wanted is what you wanted." Nayeon smiled at Chaeyoung.

 

"Yes, mom!!!"

 

-----

 

Start from that day, Chaeyoung would like to spend her time with Mina. They hang out sometimes, or Mina came to Chaeyoung's home to borrow some comics, having lunch or dinner together. Chaeyoung feelings grew, even more, sometimes she found Mina shy behavior toward her. Without expect, Mina has feelings toward Chaeyoung too but still not as big as Chaeyoung. Mina likes to spend her time with Chaeyoung too. She loves how's cute Chaeyoung is, or how cool sometimes she is.

They've been knowing each other for two months, and Chaeyoung thinks it's enough for her to confess her feelings to Mina. 

 

'Mina unnie, can I meet you tonight? I have something to tell you.' Chaeyoung text Mina. 

 

'Sure... I have something to tell you too. Where you wanna meet?' Mina reply to her text.

 

'just at our usual cafe...'

 

'okay~~'

 

"Unnie... I going out for a while..." Chaeyoung shouted from the living room, while Nayeon at kitchen cooking ramen for her and Jeongyeon.

 

"wanna me to take you there, bro??" Jeongyeon offers her.

 

"no need, hyung. I'll take a taxi. Enjoy your make out~~" Chaeyoung teased them and out from the house.

 

"YAH YOU!!! GOOD LUCK!!!" Nayeon shouted back, but Chaeyoung nowhere to be found. But Chaeyoung heard it.

 

Chaeyoung with happy and confident feelings to meet Mina, her heart already beating so fast even she hasn't met her yet. C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter