Conditions

Stardust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: Conditions

 

Chaos begins to consume the realm of the Gods; The Heavens. There are talks that the ruler of the Heavens’ life has begin to deteriorate, with a known fact that he does not have an heir to the throne to take over his reign.  With no heir, the next in line would be one of the 12 Zodiac Gods that the ruler will have to assign before his death.

 

Today, the ruler has summon all the Gods to his meeting room for one of the last meetings they will have in a long time. Eleven of the twelve Gods appear for the meeting as one still remains missing from most of their meetings, due to her absence of leave for an extensive mission in the human world, a mission that is exclusive to her.

 

“So you have all heard the rumors of my health failing me for once,” the ruler of the Heavens has announced to the Gods. “There has also been the talks of the next ruler for this realm of Gods. Since there is no heir, this means one of you will need to take my spot.” He says and looks at them with some thought, as the Gods and Goddesses whisper amongst themselves on who will take the next seat on the throne.

 

“Part of this rumor is a lie,” he continues. “The truth is I am dying, and I shall be passing on soon. The lie of the rumor is the part about me having no successor to the throne. This is a long story, one that I shall save for another time, but I do, as a matter of fact, have an heir to the throne.” Silence fills the room as each and every person is shocked by the news of an heir.

 

“My daughter, she lives on Earth, with no knowledge of her birth. Since you all have noticed that Taurus has been absent for quite some time on a secret mission, I might as well tell you all now. The truth is, Taurus has been sent down to guard my daughter. There are reasons why I have kept my daughter under wraps and why she does not reside with us in Heaven. Again, a story for another time.” He rests his arms on the table and joins his hands together.

 

“I shall propose a condition for those who wish to take the throne. Who ever takes her hand or convinces my daughter which fellow God is worthy of taking my reign, shall be the next ruler. Of course, you have the right to decline in becoming a ruler if you are chosen. I believe you are all wonderful candidates to become the next heir. Which is why I will not be able to pick.” He ends in a compliment to his fellow Gods and Goddesses.

 

The members within the room are all in shock. The ruler of Heaven seriously just put the fate of the realm in his daughter’s hands. “My daughter lives with Taurus, her name is Park Yoo-seong. I think that’s all I really need to say. Good luck to you all who desire to take over this realm.” He grins after a serious discussion with his top tiered members and slowly gets up and walks out of the room so they can talk amongst each other.

 

After the door closes in the meeting room, following the departure of the ruler, silence looms in the room. There is no need for spoken words because everyone is baffled by the condition of becoming the next ruler of this realm.

 

A sigh is heard in the silent room, Goddess Leo stands up from her position in the room, “Well I know I’m not interested on taking over the throne. Less stress, the better for me. I already have enough problems to deal with in my department. I don’t think I want any more, let alone taking care of the entire realm.” She brushes her hair off her shoulder and begins to walk out of the meeting room.

 

“As much as it is interesting to take over this realm, I don’t think I’ll partake in this ‘friendly’ competition either. Also the fact that the heir is a daughter, it’ll just be more work for me to be friends or even lovers with her, guessing that she is probably straight too.” Virgo also opts out on the competition for the hand or suggestion of the throne.

 

Cancer also raises her hand in this mix of declining, “like what Leo said. Also that I have too much to do in my department, it will be hard for me to part from something I’ve been doing for many years now. I also love my department, so yeah, parting will be a very sad time for me.”

 

“I think it’ll be a little bit of fun. Some friendly competition would make things finally get a little lively around here. Plus I ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter