One (Doo Young)

7th Sense


Chapter 1: The Big Loss
________________________________


after my brother passed, it gave me the courage to try harder in my tournaments. I've been winning them left and right. 
I win all my tournaments. although sadly I can't see, I still win, thanks to my 7th Sense.

a huge tournament is coming up and I don't need to train for it. I know I'll win.
I'm sitting in a chair lazily. I don't know where I'm looking but, I don't care. 

"Doo Young you have to train for this, if you don't you could seriously get hurt." I scoff at my coach. "No, I don't need to train. I'm one of the best. and even the best don't need training." no matter how hard she tries to convince me to train, I won't. 

the best don't need training. they're already good enough.
sooner than later, the tournament came quicker than expected.

I'm in the locker room carefully putting on my judo suit. I grab my 'eyes' and walk out carefully. 

I sit and wait for my turn to go up. when it's my turn I go up.
I am guided to what I assume is the middle of the room and wait for the go.

when we are told to go we go. 
I'm trying as hard as I could. I flip my apponint and he soon flips me, I get up and hold on to him tight, trying to push him down I hold as tight onto his sleeves as tight as I can. I get him down by tripping him and causing him to fall.

he quickly gets up and before I know it I'm locked in his arms and flipped over onto my back. I'm pined down onto the matt floor.

I try my best to move him off of me. the more I try my left shoulder hurts more and more until I hear a pop and a crack and I give up. 

someone blows the whistle and I lose.
I'm taken off the ring and I'm taken to a nurse who fixes up my shoulder.

"Doo Young are you okay?" I shake my head. "I hurt my shoulder...and also if you didn't see, I lost too." i hear silence.

when the day is done im ready to go home. I wait in the airport with my coach. "Doo Young you can't sulk forever. people lose you know?" I out my head down. "I don't care if people lose. don't talk to me I don't have time for your preach speeches or whatever it is you're going to do to "cheer me up"" the flight is called and we board it.

waiting on the plane I sit in silence and soon drift off to sleep.
when we arrive in Korea I grab my things and my coach takes me home. 
when I get home I leave her without a goodbye and enter my house, locking the door behind me. 
I take off my shoes and walk to the kitchen, following the rails on the walls.
I make ramen. when it's done I sit at the table and eat my food. 

as I sit in silence I think about god knows wh
at and soon go to bed. the next morning I wake up to the sound of a truck parking outside. I don't take much thought into it as, I can't see so I might as well just ignore what is happening.

I walk slowly yo the kitchen make myself some breakfast and eat at the table.
when I'm done eating I grab a full garbage bag from the garbage, put my shoes on and head out to take the trash.

when I'm outside I hear someone call for me, "Hey you!!" I look in the direction of the voice and I hear someone get closer to me. "me?" I'm assuming the person nodded. "oh you're blind? hm, well hey my name is Lee Haneul but call me Han or Lee or something I don't care. I'm your new neighbour I just moved here today." I put the garbage bag down and start walking to the house. "my name is Doo Young, nice to meet you, I'm going now, bye." I enter my house.

that seemed like a strange kid.