fin.

Take Care

"Sicheng did you see the new smrookie member yesterday?"

Rain droplets hit the window softly as the october wind blew the trees. Finally clearing their schedules for the day, Yuta & Sicheng were tucked in bed. Of course you could still hear Donghyuck's screaming and Chenle's dolphin screech from the room next door. The kids were always so energetic and while it was a refreshing sight to see, the hyungs wanted nothing more than to tape their mouths shut. Especially at this time of the night. 

Sicheng stretched and adjusted his sleeping position. He didn't want to invade Yuta's personal space as they were sharing a bed now. Blame Ten & Johnny who thought it would be a good idea to treat his bed as a trampoline. No bed could support the constant stomping of an 180cm man. Not to mention that Ten had the strength of 20 little men, so of course Sicheng's bed naturally broke & his manager had to order a new one. Meanwhile Yuta was kind enough to offer to share his bed with him ( which Sicheng gladly agreed to). 

"Oh yeah hyung. The one from Hong Kong right? Lucas?"

"Lucas! That's his name." Yuta smacked his own forehead lightly in forgetfulness & Sicheng hid his smile underneath the blankets. It wasn't fair how cute the elder was, not that Sicheng would ever tell him. Yuta continued "The manager told me to show him around this morning. He'll be sticking with me this week!"

"Oh." Sicheng paused.

In contrast to Yuta's bright reaction, Sicheng felt bleak. However he brushed his feelings aside and put on his usual smile. "What will you two be doing?"

Not noticing how Sicheng's voice slightly lowered, Yuta continued to speak. "Just the usual. Helping him with his training, teaching him extra Korean and stuff like that. That kid seriously needs to be looked after! He's clueless with everything." He ended with a sigh. 

Yesterday, a tall boy had entered the training room & introduced himself as "Lucas" and nothing more. Sicheng clearly remembered how everybody had stood silent as they basked in the intimidating yet painfully attractive being in front of them. Judgding by his thick accent and choppy pronounciation, Sicheng knew that the company would select one of the NCT members to look after him. It was almost like an unspoken tradition. Ten had Johnny to take care of him, Kun had Doyoung, Chenle had Mark and Sichengwell. Sicheng was paired up with Yuta.

This isn't fair. Sicheng was aware of how childish he was acting, but he didn't care. Why couldn't the company pair the new kid up with Taeil? Or Taeyong? They were fully Korean and could help him at a faster rate than Yuta. Why let a foreigner help another foreigner? Yuta looked after me first.

On the other hand, these thoughts felt pointless. It was like asking a question he already knew the answer to. The company obviously picked Yuta for valid reasons. Firstly, despite being a foreigner himself, Yuta had adapted extremely well to the point that he himself would be commonly mistaken for a Korean person. Not to mention the fact that Yuta was very warm & comforting. He had that special something that made it impossible for anyone not to cling by him. It almost felt magnetic. Plus at least you could trust Yuta to take wonderful care of people. Taeil would've bored Lucas to death and Taeyong proabably would've lost the poor kid after 2 days.

Sicheng knew he was being unreasonable. 

It was only until he felt a pair of soft fingers pinch his cheeks that pulled him out of his thoughts. Yuta looked at him from the side with hovering eyes. "You spaced out for like 10 minutes. What's on your mind winko?"

Sicheng felt a shy smile emerging on his face for two reasons.

'Winko' was a nickname which Yuta had adopted for him recently. Sure it sounded quite babyish & the other members never failed to cringe when hearing it out loud. It didn't matter to him thoiugh, it was something only Yuta could call him, That was enough for Sicheng. 

Secondly, Sicheng could've easily mistaken Yuta as a kitten right now. With the way the elder was observing him with big eyes, eager to listen to Sicheng's response. It made Sicheng feel funny inside. But of course, Sicheng could never tell him that.

"N-Nothing. Just tired."

It didn't sound like the most believable thing in the world. Yuta peered at him closely until he was only centimetres away from Sicheng's face. "Hmm. You sure?"

It was pitch black outside, the only source of light being the dimly-lit night lamp that stood besides the bed. Sicheng was glad he picked up on that because he could've sworn that Yuta had turned into an angel. The soft light illuminated his features, his eyes holding a small sparkle. 

They stayed like that, looking at each other and Sicheng prayed to dear God that Yuta couldn't hear the thumping of his heart. It truly felt like his heart was going to jump out at any given moment and Sicheng wanted to shout. He wanted to tell Yuta everything at this moment. How 17 year old Sicheng had first nervously walked into the training room & wanted to go home instantly. Only until the man in the suit had pushed him towards a doe eyed boy with the brightest smile he had ever seen. It left Sicheng breathless. It was only until the boy spoke up in broken Mandarin "Hi! Me is Yuta." that Sicheng let out a giggle.  Ever since that moment, Yuta looked after him everyday & Sicheng didn't want to go home anymore. Suddenly thinking about these precious memories made his adrenaline rush & Sicheng felt as if was going to combust any moment. 

"Yuta hyung I—"

A light snore filled the empty silence.

It seemed as if Yuta had already drifted to sleep, his long lashes fluttered closed.

Reaching over to the side, Sicheng turned off the night lamp & faced Yuta. He smiled unconciously. 

"Sweet dreams hyung." he whispered softly. 

The trees danced in the gentle breeze outside & Sicheng found Yuta's hand under the blankets, his own eyelids slowly drooping low. 

I want you to only take care of me.

 

 


 

i would die 4 soft yuwin omgglskjflkkg