The Interview

For My Brother

''Youngmin-ssi, we're nearing the end of the interview and there's something that we wanted to ask about you.''

''Sure thing. What is it?''

''For the variety show The Unit, may we know why you didn't join? We've heard Hyunseong-ssi's side so we wanted to know yours.''

''Oh, that.'' Youngmin smiled as he thought of how he could explain and express himself.

''For The Unit, I know it'd be weird to hear this but I wasn't all that interested to join it. It's not because I was confident in myself or anything but rather, it's because I wanted it to be Kwangmin's turn to shine. I'm sure everyone noticed that ever since we were kids and even until Boyfriend, I was almost always the one whom everyone saw. I was the visual while Kwangmin stayed in the shadows. Light and dark, if you notice from our themes.

Kwangmin, underneath all his 4D-ness, is actually a smart and skilled guy. He always had trivias and facts about random things and about the industry. He knew things most of us didn't know about and he also had a lot of skills related to music and writing. Between the both of us, Kwangmin preferred to be the one to stay within the shadows because he was shy to be put under the spotlight.

When The Unit was brought up, Kwangminnie had some doubt about himself and almost wanted to step down but I beat him to it. I told him and everyone in Boyfriend that I had no intention of joining. When I was asked why, I told them the truth: I wanted my brother to be the one to shine this time, to be the one on the stage. Of course, this led to a small argument between us twins. Kwangminnie wanted me to join since I'm the hyung and all but I was able to convince him that I wanted him to do it instead. He's skilled and talented but the whole world didn't know about that. I'm probably the only one who knew about all the skills he learned and polished throughout the years. I wanted the whole world to know what Jo Kwangmin can do, I wanted to show them what my younger twin can do. So most of all, I was the proudest when he stood on stage to give and do his all. I'm his biggest fan after all.'' Youngmin explained with a gentle smile and fondness about his twin.

''So you don't regret not joining The Unit?''

''No, not one bit. I don't regret it.''

''What a good brother you are. Kwangmin-ssi's very lucky to have a brother like you.''

''I'm lucky he's my twin brother, too.''

''So, any words for the soon-to-be readers of this interview?''

''Please look forward to more appearances and projects from us. We have a lot of things going on, especially since we're fully booked until next year. We look forward to seeing all of you soon! Thank you and we love you.''

Needless to say, Kwangmin cried when the magazine has been published and after he read his brother's interview. He kept the magazine with him to give him courage for the challenges he would be facing in The Unit.