New Year's Love

New Year's Couple [One Shot]

You were spending your free time in the library, studying for a test, when your friend came and sat down at your table. “Sooyeon-ah~” your friend said as she took your pen away from you. “Min Jung-ah! Give that back. I need to study for a test” you said and pouted. You tried to reach for your pen, but Min Jung moved it out of your reach. “Oh. You’re here. I thought you would be close to the front” you heard a voice said. You saw Min Jung smile brightly and waved to someone behind you. You turned to see a tall guy. You see him a lot. You see him when you go to school, in the hallways, and when you go home, but you don’t know who he is. He sat down next to Min Jung and smiled. You saw that Min Jung was distracted, so you snatched the pen out of her hands and stuck your tongue out. “Sungyeol-ah, this is Sooyeon. Sooyeon, this is Sungyeol” Min Jung introduced you two to each other. “Annyeonghasaeyo” you both said to each other. After spending an awkward hour sitting there while Sungyeol and Min Jung talk to each other, you went off to class.

The next day, Min Jung and Sungyeol found you in the library and sat with you again. This time, you talked to Sungyeol and Min Jung. Another guy came and sat next to you. “Oh. Sooyeon, this is ChanHee. ChanHee, this is Sooyeon” Min Jung said. “Annyeonghasaeyo” you both said. “You can call me ChunJi. A lot of people call me by that” ChunJi said. “Okay. Hi ChunJi” you said and smiled. “Hi Sooyeon” he said back and smiled. You quickly became friends with ChunJi and Sungyeol because the three of you were quite outgoing and friendly.

A few weeks later, you all went to go ice skating together and you also invited your friend, Hye Soo. While ice skating, you and Sungyeol were fooling around, trying to make each other fall. But after a while, you two teamed up and tried to make Min Jung and Hye soo fall. You didn’t want to go fast because you were scared you wouldn’t be able to stop in time, so Sungyeol held you by your sleeve and led you around the ring a couple of times. You guys got off the ice so the staff can buff the ice to make it smoother and easier to skate. You and Sungyeol agreed to make Hye Soo fall because she couldn’t really skate. After the ice was all nice and smooth again, people started to return to the ice. Sungyeol took your hand and interlaced fingers. You slightly blushed and let him lead you around the ring. The two of you were following Hye Soo around and slightly push her to make her lose her balance. After a while, the two of you went after Min Jung too. ChunJi went to hold hands with Hye Soo because you and Sungyeol were picking on her too much. After ice skating, you guys went to eat dinner and then went home.

A week later, you, Sungyeol, ChunJi, Hye Soo, and Min Jung went out to each lunch with Dongwoo, SungGyu, MyungSoo, SungJong, Hoya, and Woohyun. You guys were eating at a restaurant and were talking about random things. You were sitting in between Sungyeol and Hye Soo. Sitting next to Hye Soo on the other side was Min Jung. Sitting next to Min Jung on her other side was ChunJi. While taking a break from eating to talk, Sungyeol pulled your chair up close to him to rest him arm on your chair. You slightly blushed at his sudden action. You were feeling full, so you stopped eating and just talked with the others. Sungyeol was still eating. You felt like fooling around, so while Sungyeol was reaching towards the middle of the table to get a piece of kimchi, you reached over his arm to get a piece of radish. He bent his arm, trapping your arm, and tried to each his piece of kimchi. You bent your arm and lifted it up to prevent him from eating and ate your piece of radish. It looked like you two were doing a love shot, but with food instead. You started to feel hot. You couldn’t take off your sweater because you were only wearing a beater underneath it. “It’s hot…” you said and pouted. “You want to wear my shirt? I can wear my hoodie” Sungyeol suggested. You looked at him and shook your head. “No, it’s okay. We’re about to leave soon. But thanks for the offer” you said and smiled. “Okay. If you say so…” he said. While you and Sungyeol were fooling around, Hye Soo, MinJung and ChunJi were fooling around too. After eating lunch, you all went to a park to hang out. That day, you, Hye, Soo, and Min Jung got closer to Sungyeol and his group of friends.

You guys were on Christmas break when Sungyeol went to his cousin’s house to hang out for a week. Every day you guys would talk through webcam, but even though you guys talk to each other a lot, you still missed Sungyeol. You realized that you had fallen for Sungyeol. Whenever you passed by the street where Sungyeol lives, you would miss him even more. All your thoughts and talks were about him. You were about to go crazy because of him. During this break, you were surprised by Hye Soo’s sudden confession. She had confessed to you that she likes ChunJi. But deep down inside, you were suspecting that Min Jung might like ChunJi. You actually preferred Hye Soo with ChunJi more than Min Jung with ChunJi because Hye Soo was a better match for ChunJi than Min Jung. During New Years Eve, Sungyeol came back from his vacation. On the inside, you were happy that he was back because that means that you and him can hang out soon. That afternoon, you, Hye Soo, and Sungyeol went over to Min Jung’s house for a New Year’s party.

There were you, Min Jung, Hye Soo, Sungyeol, ChunJi, and a few other friends there at Min Jung’s party. You guys ate, talked, played games, and decided to watch a scary movie. The seating on the long couch was Sungyeol, you, Hye Soo, ChunJi, MinJung, and her other friends. During the scary movie, you held onto Sungyeol’s arm. When it got too scary for you, you would hide your face on his shoulder and cover your ears. Sungyeol laughed at you and would try to scare you from time to time. Hye Soo was extremely scared and had her headphones in her ears while playing music. ChunJi also scared her from time to time and end up getting hit every time.

After finishing the movie, it was 11:55PM. You all waited for 12AM to come. When it was time, you all did the countdown and shouted “HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!” After that, you felt someone pull you by the waist and soon, your lips met Sungyeol’s lips. You stared at him with wide eyes as he kissed you. Soon, he pulled back and smiled at you. “Sooyeon-ah. Will you be my girlfriend?” he asked. You smiled and nodded. He wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you in for another kiss, but this time, more passionately.

A month later, on February 3rd, you went on a school trip with your friends while Sungyeol didn’t go. On the school trip, you missed Sungyeol a lot. The two of you were texting the whole time. It was the second day of the trip and you were laying in bed texting Sungyeol when you saw Hye Soo texting someone. “Who are you texting?” you asked her. (You and Hye Soo were sharing a room together) “ChunJi” she answered. “Awwwwwwwwwwwwww~” you teased. “I don’t think he likes me though” she said and pouted as she put her phone down. “Why do you think that?” you asked. “He’s been posting these posts about how he likes this girl…I think he has a girlfriend…” she said. “I don’t think he has a girlfriend…You never know…He might like you” you said. “I doubt it. We’ve just met” she said. You pouted and texted Sungyeol. ‘Can you help me find out who ChunJi likes?’ ‘Why do you want to know?’ he texted back. ‘Just help me find out who he likes. Please?’ you texted back. ‘What do I get out of it?’ he asked. ‘Me!!! :D’ you texted back and smiled. ‘Too late. You’re already mine. :P’ he texted back. You smiled like a crazy idiot. ‘Just find out for me. Please!!! :(’ you said. ‘Fine. I’ll see what I can do. Just stop pouting’ he texted back. After reading that text, you realized that you were actually pouting in real life. ‘Thank you!!! You’re the best!!!! :D♥’ you texted. ‘No problem, Babe. ♥’ he texted back. “Sungyeol said that he’ll help find out who ChunJi likes” you said. “Really?!” she said excitedly. “Mhm” you said. “Thank you!!!! I hope he likes me…” Hye Soo said. “No problem. I hope he does. I want to see you two together” you said.

When you came back from your trip, you went out to eat dinner with your family. You and Sungyeol were texting each other, making plans for the next day. You guys planned to go bowling together with Hye Soo and ChunJi. You were excited about tomorrow because you haven’t seen him for a week.

The next day, you met up with Sungyeol at the train station. When he came up to you, he pulled you in for a really tight hug. “I missed you!!!!” he said as he hugged tighter. “I’ve missed you too…but…You’re hugging me a bit too tight…” you said. “Too bad” he said and continued to hug you tightly. Your hug was interrupted by a phone call. You took out your phone and answered it. “Where are you guys?” Hye Soo said through the phone. “I’m with Sungyeol. We’re at the train station. Where are you?” you asked back. “I’m with ChunJi at the bowling alley” she answered. “We’ll be there soon. The train’s here” you said as the train stopped at the station. “Okay. See you later then” Hye Soo said. You and Sungyeol got on the train and went to the bowling alley. After bowling, you guys went to eat lunch together. After lunch, you went over to Sungyeol’s house while ChunJi and Hye Soo went home.

At Sungyeol’s house, you saw that his parents weren’t home. “Where did your parents go?” you asked. “They went over to my cousin’s house. They’ll be back late tonight” he said as he pulled you in for a hug and rested his face on your shoulder. “I’ve missed you soooooooooo much!!!” he said as he swept your hair away from your neck and started kissing you from your lips to your collar bone. His kisses sent chills down your back. One thing led to another…You found yourself laying in Sungyeol’s arms. You opened your eyes to see Sungyeol sleeping peacefully. You smiled and snuggled closer to his body. He smiled and kissed you on your forehead. “What time is it?” he asked. You reached over Sungyeol and grabbed your phone to check the time. “It’s 6PM” you said. He took the phone away from you and placed it back where you got it. He turned back to face you. “Let’s go back to sleep” he said as he pulled you closer to him and rested his head on your shoulder. After an hour nap, you woke up and got dressed. Sungyeol woke up and put on his boxers and shorts. “You’re going home?” he asked. “Mhm” you said and nodded. He came to you and pulled you in for a kiss. You pushed him away gently. “I got to go. I’ll talk to you later” you said and turned to walk away from him. He held onto your shirt and pulled you back to him. He gave you a back hug and whispered in your ear “I love you.” You smiled and turned to face him. You whispered “I love you too” before giving him a kiss. You pulled back and stuck your tongue out at him before walking towards the door. He followed behind you. While you were bending over to fix your shoes, he smacked your . “What was that for?” you asked. “I don’t know…But nice ” he said and laughed. You scrunched up your face and stuck your tongue out at him. “Bye~” you said and turned towards the door. Again, he pulled you by your jacket. You turned around to face him. “What?” you asked. He pulled you in for a passionate kiss. “Bye” he said while still kissing you. You smiled and pulled back. You waved at him and left.

You were really busy with studying, exams, and projects that you only saw Sungyeol once a week. You would sometimes go over to his house to help him with his studies. After exams were over, you, Sungyeol and a bunch of friends went out to celebrate. The next day, you weren’t feeling so well. Your mother had made an appointment with the doctor for a check-up and blood test. You went to the doctor’s office with your mom and decided to ask your doctor about why you aren’t feeling well. After a few examinations here and there, your doctor told you that you are two-months pregnant. Being a minor, you were questioned a lot by your mother since she wasn’t informed that you have a boyfriend.

After returning home, your mother and father sat down with you and talked to you about it. They felt betrayed because you didn’t tell them about having a boyfriend and they were disappointed in you because you weren’t responsible enough. They wanted to meet your boyfriend and have a talk with him about future plans on whether you should keep the baby or not. You called Sungyeol and told him that you had to talk to him. The two of you decided to talk at his house. You went over to his house with a worried and serious expression. “What’s wrong, Babe?” he asked. “I have something to tell you…” you said as you lowered your head and stared at the floor. “What is it? …Don’t tell me you’re planning on breaking up with me…” he said. “It’s not that” you said. “Then what is it?” he asked again. “I’m…I’m pregnant…” you said and looked away from him. Sungyeol was shocked by the news. “Wait. Are you serious?” he asked. You nodded and closed your eyes. “…I don’t know what to say…I don’t think we’re ready for a baby…We’re not even 18 yet…What do we do?” he asked. “My parents know about it and they want to talk to you about what we’re going to do about the baby” you said. “…I love you, Sooyeon. I really do. And I will take responsibility. I promise. Let’s keep the baby”
 he said. You looked at him. “Are you serious? I’m not even 18 yet and I’m already pregnant…What about school? What about college? How are we going to support the baby? Who’s going to take care of the baby while we’re in school?” you asked. Sungyeol put his hands on your shoulders and pulled you in for a hug, trying to calm you down. “I know it’s going to be hard, but…I kinda don’t want to lose the baby. I want to have the baby with you. Please. Let’s keep the baby” he said. “I want to keep the baby too…But reality makes it hard” you said and couldn’t help but start tearing. Sungyeol pulled back and wiped your tears away. “It’s okay. Don’t cry. We’ll keep the baby and we’ll get married and take care of the baby together. Okay? I promise I will protect you and the baby for as long as I’m alive. Even after I’m dead, I will still protect you two” he promised. You looked at him in the eyes and you can tell that he was sincere and meant what he said. You hugged him and nodded. “I love you, Sungyeol” you said. “I love you too. I’m going to be a father soon” he said. “Mhm” you said as you nodded. “That means that I can’t have another woman…” he said jokingly. You pulled back and glared at him. “I’m joking! I love you, Sooyeon-ah” he said.

The next day, Sungyeol and his parents went over to your house to talk to your parents. Your parents and his parents lectured you and Sungyeol about responsibility and you all settled on an agreement. You and Sungyeol will keep the baby and after the baby is born, you can start living with Sungyeol so you both can take care of the baby together. It’s the end of February and you are worried about having to go to school in the spring and summer with a belly. Lucky for you, you and Sungyeol are seniors in high school.

Two weeks later, you, Sungyeol, Hye Soo, ChunJi, and Min Jung went out for dinner to celebrate your pregnancy and for the parents from both sides agreeing on keeping the baby. While waiting on line for seats at the restaurant, Sungyeol put his arm around your waist and pulled you close to him. He learned in close to your ear. You felt his warm breathe tickling down your neck. “Babe, does Hye Soo like ChunJi?” he whispered. You looked at him with a questioning look. “Why do you ask?” you whispered back. “I asked you first” he said. You took in a deep breath and nodded. Sungyeol smiled and leaned into your ear again. “There’s going to be a surprise” he said. You looked at Sungyeol and smiled. Sungyeol smiled back and he kissed you on the cheek. “Geez. Get a room” Min Jung said. “You’re just jealous” Sungyeol said as you stuck your tongue out at her. Min Jung made a face at the both of you and looked away. You guys got a table and sat down. You sat in between Sungyeol and Hye Soo. But sitting next to Hye Soo was Min Jung, separating Hye Soo and ChunJi. You, Sungyeol, and ChunJi stared at her. Min Jung saw you guys staring at her. “What? Is there something on my face?” Min Jung asked. “Yeah. I think you got a dot on your face” Sungyeol said. “Really?” Min Jung asked. “Go to the bathroom to check it out” ChunJi said. “Be right back then” Min Jung said as she got up and headed to the bathroom. You turned to face Sungyeol and lightly slapped his arm. “So mean” you said. “Hey. Who told her to sit in between Hye Soo and ChunJi?” he whispered into your ear. “That’s true…” you said. Sungyeol pulled your chair closer to him and rested his arm on your chair.

“Hye Soo-ah” ChunJi said. “Yes?” Hye Soo responded. “Can you come sit next to me for a sec?” he asked. “Sure” Hye Soo said as she slid into the seat next to ChunJi. ChunJi leaned into her and whispered into her ear. “Hye Soo-ah. I have a confession. I like you a lot…And I think I might even have fallen in love with you… Will you please be my girlfriend?” he confessed. Hye Soo pulled back and stared at ChunJi with a shock expression. Sungyeol wrapped his arms around you and rested his head on your shoulder and the two of you watched and waited for Hye Soo’s reply. “So…? Will you?” ChunJi asked. “…Yes!” Hye Soo said as she hugged ChunJi. “Yes! She said yes! Whooo!!!” ChunJi cheered. You and Sungyeol just watched and laughed as the new couple hug each other. “Hey. Let’s not tell Min Jung. See what happens” Sungyeol said. “I think she kinda likes ChunJi though…Wouldn’t that be a bit messed up?” you said. “Well…Too bad. ChunJi’s mine now~” Hye Soo said. You all laughed and Min Jung returned to the table. “There wasn’t anything on my face” Min Jung said as Hye Soo scooted back over to her seat and Min Jung taking her seat. “So what did I miss?” Min Jung asked. “The cutest thing happened while you were gone” Sungyeol said. You looked at him and smirked a little. “What happened?” she asked. “We saw a couple hugging each other. It was so sweet” Sungyeol said. “Really? Where?” Min Jung asked. “Well…They parted ways” Sungyeol said. “Oh really?” Min Jung asked. We all nodded. “Awww.. Too bad I missed it” Min Jung said and pouted. Throughout the whole dinner, Min Jung had no idea that ChunJi and Hye Soo are officially dating.

After dinner, Sungyeol walked you home. “Too bad you can’t live with me now…” he said and pouted. “It’s okay. At least you still see me everyday” you said and smiled. “But I want to hug you to sleep…” he said and pouted again. You pouted and scrunched your face at him. “What was that?” he asked. “Stop pouting or else, I’ll keep doing that” you said. “I don’t mind. You look cute when you do that anyways” he smiled and pulled you in for a kiss. “You should go in now. It’s cold” Sungyeol said. “Fine…I’ll see you tomorrow then. Call me when you get home” you said. “Okay” Sungyeol said as he pulled you close to him for another kiss. After you guys pulled away, you went inside your house and waved bye to him and watched him walk down your block.

June came by quickly and it’s graduation time. Your belly is noticeable and you’re lucky that your graduation gown is loose so it doesn’t make it obvious that you’re pregnant. After graduation, you and Sungyeol went around taking pictures with friends and family. You, your parents, Sungyeol and his parents went out for dinner to celebrate. At dinner, your parents gave you and Sungyeol a surprise. “Sooyeon-ah. Sungyeol-ah. We’ve been doing a lot of talking ever since we found out that you’re pregnant…And we have all came to a solution. You and Sungyeol can start living together” your mom said. “Really?!” you and Sungyeol said at the same time. Both yours and Sungyeol’s parents nodded. “We’ve decided that you two can live together at our house” Sungyeol’s dad said. “Really?! Sooyeon can move in?” Sungyeol asked excitedly. They all nodded again. “YES!!!! Whoooo!!!” Sungyeol cheered and you just laughed at him. “Right after school ends, she can move in” Sungyeol’s mom said. “Three more days. It’s okay. I can wait” Sungyeol said excitedly.

A few days later, school ended and you have moved into Sungyeol’s house. “Finally! I get to hug you and the baby to sleep every night!” Sungyeol said as he pulled you in for a tight hug. “Yah. I can’t breathe!” you said as you gently patted his back, telling him to get off. “Fine” he said as he loosened his grip. He started to kiss you passionately. He picked you up and gently placed you on the bed and hovered over you, still kissing you. The two of you pulled back, trying to catch your breath. “Damn. Too bad you’re pregnant” Sungyeol said. You laughed and lightly slapped his arm. Suddenly, your phone was ringing. It was Min Jung. “Yah! Sooyeon! Let’s hang out at my place! I’m bored~” Min Jung said excited through the phone. “Who is it?” Sungyeol asked. “Min Jungie~” you said. Sungyeol took the phone from you. “Hello? Min Jung-shi? Well. Listen. Sooyeon and I are busy making another baby, so we can’t come hang out with you today” Sungyeol said. “Yah!” you slapped his arm and took your phone back. “He’s kidding. When do you want us over?” you said. “What? We’re going?” Sungyeol asked. You stuck your tongue out at him. “Uh. Whenever. Just call me when you get here” she said. “Okay. See you later then. Bye~” you said and hung up. “I never said that I wanted to go” Sungyeol said and pouted. “Too bad. There’s nothing to do anyways…” you said. “You sure about that?” he asked. “What do you mean?” you asked back. Before you know it, Sungyeol tackled you and started tickling you. You were laughing so hard that your stomach started hurting. “Yah! Stop! My stomach is hurting” you said. Sungyeol quickly got off of you and looked at you seriously. “Are you okay? I’m sorry” he said as he rubbed your stomach. “I’m okay. It’s just that I was laughing too hard” you said. “Oh. Okay. You sure you’re okay?” he asked again. You nodded.

A few days later, Sungyeol’s parents were discussing with you and Sungyeol about when you guys are going to get married. You all decided to get married after the twin babies are born. (The first time you went for an ultrasound, the doctor told you that you are carrying twins) For three months, you guys have been planning for your wedding. You guys decided to get married on New Years. Have the wedding ceremony start at 8 and party until past 12. Your friend’s dad let you guys use his restaurant.

On October 5th, you gave birth to beautiful twins…A boy and a girl. On December 31st, you and Sungyeol held your wedding ceremony. When it got close to midnight, you all did the countdown together and all the couples kissed. It was an unforgettable New Year and an unforgettable wedding.