Final

(Unwanted) Brotherly Advice

 

“Eunbi-yah!” Heechul crooned as soon as he walked into their apartment. “Eunbi-yaaaah!”

 

SinB was on the couch doing homework and looked up with a glare. While her brother was always in a fairly excitable mood, he seemed way too cheerful considering he came from grocery shopping. This meant SinB was going to have a Heechul-induced headache sooner rather than later.

 

“Don’t look so angry,” Heechul told her with a grin. He walked to the kitchen to put away groceries, and SinB reluctantly got up to help him. He smiled in appreciation and handed her things that needed to go in the fridge. “I’ve got great news, Eunbi-yah.”

 

“What did you do?” SinB asked with narrowed eyes.

 

Heechul pouted, “You don’t have to say it like that.”

 

“The last time you had great news ended with me having to pick you up from a bar at three in the morning,” SinB retorted.

 

“That was a good night,” Heechul said without any remorse, “but I can see why you’d be suspicious.” He tossed a carton of SinB’s favorite ice cream at her, and she caught it, look of doubt unwavering. “Ah, stop giving me that look, Eunbi-yah,” Heechul whined.

 

“This is my favorite ice cream,” SinB said. “This means you’ve really messed up.”

 

“I can’t just get you ice cream out of the kindness of my heart?”

 

“No.”

 

“Aish, so harsh,” Heechul sighed.

 

He put up the last of the groceries and gestured for them to move into the living room. He plopped down on the couch, and SinB followed, throwing her feet into his lap with a smirk.

 

“Are you ready to hear me out?” Heechul asked and laughed when SinB just quirked an eyebrow at him. “Well,” he drew out the single word, “I met a girl at the store.”

 

SinB immediately moved away from with a look of disgust. “All this over a girl?” SinB asked, voice full scorn and judgement. “I could be doing homework right now, you dummy,” she complained.

 

“You didn’t let me finish, brat,” Heechul frowned, reaching out to stop his sister from getting up. He tugged her until she scooted back next to him. “As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted,” Heechul said, putting emphasis on on the fact that he was interrupted, “I met a girl at the store. She was very cute. Yah, stop rolling your eyes at me! I thought she would be cute for you.”

 

“For who?” SinB asked incredulously.

 

“Now who’s the dummy?” Heechul grinned. “She’s little too young for me, but for you on the other hand, she’s just the right age, two years older.”

 

“No,” SinB said firmly. “You are not allowed to set me up. One: because I’m supposed to be focusing on school right now. Two: because you’ll inevitably screw it up somehow.”

 

“Why do you have so little faith in me?” Heechul said as he clutched at his chest, feigning hurt. “You haven’t even seen the girl yet. She’s adorable. You’d die over how cute she is.”

 

“I don’t care how cute this girl is,” SinB replied hotly. “I don’t want to meet her.”

 

“But I already told her you’d meet her at the park tomorrow!” Heechul protested.

 

“You what?” SinB said dangerously.

 

Heechul hesitated before answering. He’d only heard that tone once before, and that had ended with him soaked in a fountain only in his underwear. He scratched the back of his neck nervously and said, “Listen, I thought it’d do you some good. Get you to go out some more.”

 

“I go out plenty!” SinB snapped.

 

“Yeah, with friends.”

 

“What’s wrong with friends?”

 

“Eunbi-yah, work with me!” Heechul groaned. “You haven’t dated in like six months.”

 

“I’m focusing on school!” SinB repeated.

 

Heechul sighed and ran a hand through his hair tiredly. Was it so much for him to want his sister to be happy? She made it so difficult.

 

“Just meet her as a friend then,” Heechul tried. “Please, you can’t stand her up now, or she’ll think I was just some jerk.”

 

“You are some jerk,” SinB deadpanned. Just as her brother looked ready to beg, she added, “Fine, I’ll meet her.”

 

“You’re the best, Eunbi-yah!” Heechul cheered. He pulled her into a tight hug, ignoring the way she wriggled and tried to get away. “You won’t regret it!”

 

“I think I already do,” SinB sighed but eventually hugged her brother back.

 

The next afternoon, SinB was trying to stay warm at the park Heechul had told her to go to. She sipped moodily at her hot chocolate and kept an eye out for this girl that got Heechul so excited.

 

“Look for a cute girl with pigtails and a pink jacket,” Heechul had told her that morning, wearing a dumb grin.

 

Now, here SinB was, looking for said girl. She glanced at her phone to check the time and saw it was half past one. Heechul had told her the girl would be here at one. Maybe SinB would be the one stood up rather than the other way around.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

SinB startled and turned around. She couldn’t help but stare at the girl. Heechul was right. She was adorable. The girl was about her height with brown hair, a round face, and milky skin. She was smiling, and what a cute smile it was, eyes curved into crescents. SinB mentally cursed at the fact that she was going to have to tell her brother he’d been right.

 

“Are you Heechul-oppa’s sister?”

 

“Yeah,” SinB answered shortly, still trying to wrap her head around the fact that her idiotic brother somehow convinced this angel of a girl to meet her here. “How’d you know it was me?”

 

The girl giggled. “He said to look for a grumpy girl in a red jacket with hot chocolate.”

 

SinB paused. So that was why Heechul insisted on her wearing this jacket and gave her money for a drink.

 

The girl held out her hand and said, “I’m Yerin.”

 

“SinB.”

 

“If you don’t mind me saying, you don’t look very happy to meet me,” Yerin said curiously.

 

SinB blushed at how transparent she was and rubbed at the back of her neck. “It’s not you, Yerin-unnie. It’s more about my brother coercing me into coming to meet you.” After considering it, SinB added, “How did he get you to come here? He could’ve been, like, plotting your murder or something.”

 

“It’d be hard to get away with murder in broad daylight,” Yerin laughed. She gestured to a bench nearby, and after they sat down she said, “Heechul-oppa needed help finding some things at the store, so I helped him. We talked as we walked around, and he mentioned he had a sister I might like. He sang you praises, SinB-ssi. I felt like I had to meet the girl who had her older brother so wrapped around her finger.”

 

SinB blushed. She knew her and Heechul were close, but for him to just babble about her to a complete stranger?

 

“He exaggerates,” was SinB’s lame reply.

 

Yerin grinned, sensing SinB’s modesty. She asked teasingly, “So you aren’t a top student and an amazing dancer?”

 

SinB blushed even darker and chugged down the remainder of her hit chocolate to avoid talking. This was so embarrassing. She was going to kill Heechul.

 

“You’re cute, SinB-ssi.”

 

Caught off guard, SinB choked on her hot chocolate. She covered and coughed. Once she recovered, SinB looked at Yerin in shock, but the other girl just kept smiling.

 

“What?” Yerin said innocently. “Heechul-oppa said you were interested in girls.”

 

“I’m going to kill him,” SinB groaned, finally voicing the thought aloud. She heard Yerin giggle but ignored it in favor of running a hand over her face. She couldn’t believe he’d been that desperate to get her a girlfriend. “I’m sorry you got dragged into this.”

 

“I don’t mind at all,” Yerin shrugged. “Like I said, you’re cute.”

 

“You’re just saying that to be polite,” SinB denied.

 

“If I was just being polite, would I do this?”

 

Yerin cupped SinB’s face and kissed her. SinB instinctively placed her freehand on Yerin’s waist and kissed back. It was a slow kiss, one that sent tingles down SinB’s spine. She pulled away, cheeks warm.

 

“Maybe you’re a really polite person,” SinB joked.

 

Yerin laughed, pulling her in for another kiss. “Maybe I am.”