A Great Story

Okay Then, Wooseok

 

 

“You’ve gotta be kidding!” Wooseok exclaims the second he hears your response.

“I’m serious!” you fire back. “How dumb are you that you wouldn’t agree?!”

Squeezing your hand he’s already holding, he shakes it vigorously as his arms fly up in disbelief. “You’re crazy!”

Laying beside him, you watch the frustration build on your boyfriend’s face. And you can’t help but laugh. “You’re crazy!”

As if questioning everything he ever knew about you, Wooseok turns his head on your shared pillow and stares deep into your soul. Even in an argument like this, he makes your insides flutter. No, especially in an argument like this.

Jaw slightly hung, he’s ready to scream. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath before opening them back up. “You’re telling me…,” he starts to say calmly before exploding, “that you would rather have a BULBASAUR than a CHARMANDER?!?!”

Holding his hand even tighter, you cry back, “That’s EXACTLY WHAT I’M TELLING YOU!”

“A FREAKIN BULBASAUR?!” he shrieks, his empty hand slamming up against the bottom of Yuto’s top bunk. “WHAT THE HELL IS A BULBASAUR GONNA DO FOR YOU?!”

“I LIKE PLANTS!” you scream through your laughs. “A bulbasaur would be sweet and loving and adorable!”

“(Y/N), IT’S A ING POKEMON! NOT A HOUSEPET!” Wooseok argues, but you can see the small smile starting to creep out of his lips. It was always at this point in your unnecessarily stupid arguments did Wooseok start to lose his hard exterior. He’s having too much fun and there’s no way he can hide it for much longer. “YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO CHOOSE ONE ON SKILL AND NECESSITY!”

“NO, THIS ISN’T POKEMON LIKE IN THE GAME! WE’RE TALKING ABOUT IF POKEMON WERE REAL!” you hollered even louder, gripping your hair so tightly, it may just all fall out. “WHAT THE ARE YOU GONNA DO WITH A POWERFUL CHARMANDER IN REAL LIFE?”

“UHHH, ANYTHING YOU WANT!” Wooseok aggressively answers. “My Charmander could warm up your dinner! He could be your night light! He can make bonfires on the beach to roast marshmallows—”

“YOU WOULD FREAKIN TAKE YOUR CHARMANDER TO THE BEACH!” you interject, not holding back how ridiculous that sounds.

“HELL YEAH I’M TAKING HIM TO THE BEACH!”

Shaking your head, you jab your finger into his chest, sitting up slightly to shout down at him. “You would do stupid like THAT, but I’M CRAZY FOR WANTING IT TO BE CUTE AND GOOD WITH PLANTS?!”

Seeing you above him, Wooseok can’t handle it anymore . A giant smile finally sprouts out of his face and you can see his gorgeous, shining teeth. Taking a second to just look at every part of your face, he bites his bottom lip before springing into action.

“WOAH!” you scream as he takes you by the shoulder and shoves you back onto the bed. In one swift motion, he’s somehow pinned you down so that he’s now staring down at you.

All too satisfied, Wooseok smirks. Your heart’s racing from both the rather steamed argument you were just having and the fact this disgustingly attractive boy is hovering above you like this. For a second, you just wait to see what happens next.

Slowly, Wooseok lowers his head so his lips are right by your ear. Holding your breath, you can feel his hair brushing against your face. Taking a second, he leaves a hot sigh on your skin before whispering, “If you don’t choose Charmander…, you’re gonna be really Bulba-sorry.”

And with that, you completely lose it. Laughing way harder than any person ever should, you can’t even move your arms to wrap around Wooseok fast enough before he’s lying right on top of you, laughing his face off too.

Wooseok rolls over slightly so he’s not completely crushing you, but he can still engulf you in his body. Burying your face into his chest, he’s more smiling at your reaction than his own joke. Unable to contain his joy, he squeezes you and shakes you in his arms as you scream into his sweatshirt, “That was the worst thing you’ve ever said!”

Laughing into your hair, he tries to catch his breath. “I think I’ve been hanging out with Hongseok too much.”

Wiggling your way out of his grip, you pull back a little, just enough to see his adorable face while still being wrapped in his embrace. Everything is so close and so smooshed together in his bottom bunk. Your arms are now between you and his chest, so in that small space you reach up and cup his soft cheeks. Your faces are already so close together. “I hate you so much.”

Somehow that makes him smile even more. Accepting that as your sign of affection, he closes his eyes and easily kisses you on the forehead, lingering there for just a little longer than you expected. He had a way of doing that, making your heart pound even harder.

This is what you loved about your boyfriend. There was no one else on the face of the planet that you could be this idiotic with and they would end it by kissing you so sweetly. No one else could make you feel so safe and so warm while also so frustrated and entertained. So hot and so cute all at the same time. Wooseok didn’t make any sense. He was perfect, yet at the same time, a complete mess. But to him, so were you. And he loved you for that.

Once he pulled away, he readjusts so that you’re both at eye level. It’s always funny when he does that, cause the rest of your bodies never line up. But neither of you care. As long as you’re close, that’s all that matters.

Feeling your grip on his face loosen, Wooseok reaches up and takes one of your hands off his cheeks. Staring as your fingers so naturally lace together, he teases, “How did I get a girlfriend with absolutely no common sense?”

“Wooowww,” you dramatically reply, rolling your eyes. But that just makes him chuckle, which then just makes you smile. “You still wanna fight, boy? Cause I can go all night.”

Thinking it through, he sighs. “Ya know what, trust me, I could go all night, but we probably shouldn’t since Yuto’s gonna be home in a couple hours.”

Nodding along, you keep his tone and sigh too. “You’re right. We probably won’t be finished by then.”

Wooseok takes a second to just play with your hand in his before he meets your gaze. You’ve always known those eyes to be killer, but they almost always catch you off guard. Smiling this adorable, playful smile, he finally says, “Ya know, you attacked me so quickly with your lunacy that I didn’t get to ask you how your day was.”

Trying your absolute best not to punch him for referencing your “lunacy,” you smile and reply, “It was alright.” You can feel his thumb rub against the back of your hand as you talk. “Class was annoying but when is it not?”

“Something we can agree on,” he says with a nod.

You chuckle as you go on. “Yeah, I didn’t do much.”

But Wooseok isn’t satisfied with that answer. “That’s it?” he complains, raising an eyebrow at you. “Come on, I’ve been waiting to see you all day. Where’s the epic story? The pizazz? I need a plot here, (Y/N).”

With a groan, you let your head rest fully on the pillow as you stare into Wooseok’s annoying, sparkling eyes. This boy will never let you live. Still, he puts a smile to your face. You know he just loves hearing you talk. “Fine,” you say, immediately making Wooseok grin. “Ummm, I guess then from the beginning?”

He nods. “From the beginning.”

Rolling your eyes, you scoff. “Okay, well this morning I woke up and got breakfast on my way to campus. I stopped by that place with the really smelly old man.”

Furrowing his eyebrows, Wooseok asks, “The one with the beard or the one with the really awesome cat?”

“The awesome cat.”

With a nod, your boyfriend smiles, always glad when you both can reference your plethora of custom characters in the city only you two know about. “Go on.”

“So, I got a bagel from there and it was way better than it was last time. Maybe one of my top 5 bagels this week,” you tell him.

“Baby, how many bagels have you had this week?” Wooseok asks curiously.

Nervously looking away, you retract into yourself. “Like 7,” you weakly answer.

“(Y/N)! IT’S ONLY WEDNESDAY!” Wooseok laughs in his shrill voice.

Darting your eyes back at him, you take your clasped hands and hit his hip. “I’M TELLING THE STORY RIGHT NOW!”

With a giant smile, Wooseok calms down and nods in agreement. “Right, right. Sorry baby. Continue.”

Finding your relaxed position again, you proceed to tell the tale of the monotonous tasks that made up your Wednesday. Outlining every instance of mundane and boring, you can feel yourself drifting off at the sound of your own voice to the point where your eyes close. But as you’re talking, you can also feel Wooseok wrap his long legs around yours, holding you even tighter. You can feel his free hand brush the line where your hair meets your forehead, until it comes down and rubs your cheek. You can suddenly feel light tufts of air hitting your nose. He interjects every so often for clarification, to see if that guy with the alien voice sat next to you in lecture again or if the birds in the park tried to attack you like usual. It’s not until you stop hearing his questions do you realize you’re not even talking anymore, but that you’ve somehow managed to put yourself to sleep.

Finally catching yourself, your eyes shoot open and everything’s blurry. “Wooseok, what happened?” you sleepily utter, thoroughly confused by your surroundings.

But as your vision comes into focus, you finally see what’s in front of you. Staring at you with the softest, brightest eyes possible, Wooseok takes a second to just...take you in. As you started to fall asleep, he just couldn’t help but be mesmerized. Your voice was the most beautiful music he had ever heard. In those moments, he took in every feature that he loved and every detail that he thought about nonstop.

After a pause of realization, Wooseok cracks a tiny smile, a layer of blush forming over his cheeks. “You fell asleep, dummy.”

Still kind of groggy, you don’t have to be fully conscious to fight this boy. “And whose fault is that for making me tell such a boring story?”

But Wooseok just takes it. Smiling even bigger, you feel his arm slide beneath you and his giant hand push firmly against your back, so that the only space between you is finally gone. Well, almost gone.

Pressing his forehead to yours, Wooseok closes his eyes and plants one right on your lips. And unlike the last time you shut your eyes, sleep is nowhere to be found. You can feel a rush of sensation fly through your entire body as he kisses you. Wooseok takes a second to untangle your hands so he can focus on pulling you even closer to him. Running your fingers through his hair, you can’t help but feel everything for this boy smooshed against you. It’s magical. Like the best kind of dream that you can only experience when you’re awake.

After kissing you for just long enough to make your entire being melt, Wooseok takes a moment to linger just a little longer, like he always did, making your heart pound even faster.

Finally taking his lips off of yours, he pulls back, but keeps your foreheads together. Your eyes flutter open to find him gazing right at you. Usually, at this moment, you could expect your boyfriend to say something completely stupid. Something that would make both of you burst out laughing and just scream like maniacs.

But right then, Wooseok decides not to. He’s just so overwhelmed that his mind draws a blank. He can only remember the last thing you said. Keeping the sleepy atmosphere between the two of you, he lightly smiles and says, “I thought it was a great story.