Unwelcome?

The Heiress and her Bodyguard

 “Agent 1-0-0-2, are you there?”

 

“Yes Sir, Agent 1-0-0-2 is at your service.”

 

“Good. We have a new mission for you.-”The speaker paused at this point as he tried to analyse the agent’s expression. Did the Agent show any hint of annoyance? Anticipation? Elation? After all, she had just successfully re a prior assignment and could possibly reject this new mission.

 

However, seeing no obvious emotion from her whatsoever, he continued: “-There seems to be a suspicious money laundering activity going on in the Velvet College. It appears to be done by a crime syndicate. We suspect there is someone in the school who is helping this particular syndicate. That is currently all the information that we possess. The Agency requires a quick-witted female agent to go undercover in this college to investigate.-”

 

The agent nodded.

 

“-And it is the higher-ups' consensus that you’re the best choice for this role.”

 

“Alright, let’s go through the usual protocol then. What will my new identity be?” She questioned, fully expecting a role of an office administrator or even an assistant lecturer in the school.

 

He grinned upon hearing her response. The agreement came quicker than he had expected.

 

“You are to be the bodyguard of one of the richest families’ youngest daughter. She will be attending Velvet College in a few days and her father is currently looking for a female bodyguard who is able to attend school with her.”

 

The Agent jolted in shock as she registered her supposed new identity.

 

“What?! I am to be a simple bodyguard for an heiress?”

 

The Agent has every right to be this stunned. After all, she had been to various European countries to collect evidence on various drug syndicates, had multiple high-class identities including a business owner, lecturer and even an assistant to a triad mob boss while going undercover.

 

But now, she has been reduced to being a petty bodyguard?

 

“I’m sorry, Sir, but.. am I being demoted? Was my performance during the last mission unsatisfactory?”

 

“No, no, please don’t misunderstand. Don’t worry; this will just be a temporary and comparatively relaxing mission. After you’ve sought all the necessary details, you are free to leave the said post and the identity.”

 

She mulled over it for a moment. Oh well, at least she could take a breather after the previously taxing mission. Having to be on the constant run and being involved in several gunfights was particularly strenuous.

 

He looked at her expectantly, tapping his fingers onto the wooden table out of reflex and waiting for her final approval which came soonafter.

 

“Alright. When do I get started?”

 

***

 

-In the Son’s residence-

 

“WHAT? A BODYGUARD?”

 

“Yes hon, your mum and I have discussed this and this is the best way to protect you. We don’t trust the security in your campus.”

 

“NO! You are just interested in spying on me!”

 

The father put up his hand, like he always did when he did not want any further confrontation.

 

He sighed. “We just want to protect you from any potential harm. You’re the heiress to the empire that your ancestors-and me- have built up. We can’t have anything happen to you.”

 

Seungwan knew that she could not retort to that. Her ancestors and parents have sacrificed their youth and blood for the business and she could not let her wilfulness impact the company in any way.

 

“When will the bodyguard be here then?”

-Ding Dong-

 

“Speaking of that, here she is.” Seungwan rolled her eyes when she saw how her father appear to be so much more excited than her.

 

She tried to return his smile but it did not quite reach her eyes, especially since she was still resistant to this entire bodyguard idea.

 

The butler opened the door and in came a youthful looking, long dark haired, monolid eyed girl.

 

Standing poised and elegant, she looked at both Son Elder and his daughter before forming her eyes into obvious crescents and giving a polite 90 degree bow.

 

“Good afternoon, I am Kang Seulgi, the new bodyguard that you’ve hired.”

 

Seulgi held her hand out to Son Elder and gave a polite but firm handshake.

 

“I saw your resume and I was pretty impressed by it. You both are the same age; I hope you get along well with my daughter.” Seulgi gave the Elder another courteous bow in return for his kind words.

 

Seulgi then turned to Seungwan and held her hand out for which Seungwan begrudgingly took and gave a weak and listless handshake unlike her father.

 

Seulgi noticed the discrepancy of energy between Seungwan and her father.

 

She understood how Seungwan may have felt over this entire bodyguard thing, probably feeling the same way as she did, but for entirely different reasons.

 

So she held Seungwan's hand with a little more force.

 

Inching towards the said girl, she whispered: “Seungwan-ah, lets work well together from now on.”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Agent Seulgi anyone?!?!

Anyway, this is just a short Introductory chapter. *laughs nervously*

This fic is supposed to be a lighthearted one so it wont get too heavy on the action / spy / crime content. It may end up being funny (?) though.