Le Disko

Even Murderers Have Their Own Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's hot and sweaty and Seulgi swears that she can feel the temperature rise every time the bass hits. She finds it interesting that a club like this has a band onstage as opposed to a dj but she doesn't dislike the fact. Seulgi weaves through the crowd with ease, her lithe body all too familiar with the routine of slipping between bodies without even a brush of her own clothes against another’s. She waits patiently at the bar in her high-waisted shorts and a drop shouldered crop top for her turn to order.

 

“Moscow Mule.” Seulgi states confidently without hesitation. The bartender nods and proceeds to mix her drink. Seulgi leans her elbow on the bar, her back resting against its edge, eyeing the crowd.

 

“That drink’s a little strong for a pretty little thing like you, don't you think?” A gravelly voice says along with the graze of fingertips across Seulgi’s forearm. Seulgi shrugs, completely uncommitted to the stranger. “Why don't we get you something a little sweeter?” Seulgi ignores the man. “What? You don't want to talk to me?”

 

Seulgi lets out a huff under her breath before turning to face a man with sandy brown hair and dark eyes. “No.” She puts some cash on the counter for her drink before turning to leave with it.

 

“Hey!” The man grabs her by the elbow, causing her drink to slosh onto her hand. The sticky residue on her skin as a result is almost as unwelcome as the man himself. “It's not nice to ignore people when they're talking to you.” His underlying aggression is masked with faux playfulness. “Come on, don't be that way.”

 

Seulgi feels eyes on her from the dance floor and sees a pale brunette watching the exchange with cold eyes that are calculating to see if Seulgi can handle the situation herself or not. Her slender figure is wrapped in a dress that's just short enough to leave room for the imagination. Seulgi prays that the undeniably attractive woman doesn't involve herself.

 

“I think the lady said no.” Another man with jet black hair intervenes, carefully removing the other man’s hand from Seulgi.

 

“Tch.” The man with sandy brown hair leaves with a huff and a grumble under his breath.

 

“Are you alright?” The stranger asks. “Did he hurt you?”

 

Seulgi forces her shoulders to relax and a slight smile takes over her previously annoyed expression. “I’m alright, thank you.”

 

The stranger smiles in return but doesn't allow the conversation to lull. “Are you sure? Can I get you anything?”

 

“I think I'll just get some air.” Seulgi tells him.

 

“I'll go with you.” He offers. “To make sure he doesn't come back.” Seulgi nods with a grateful smile and allows herself to be led through the club and out to the alley. “I’m Eddy, by the way.”

 

“Seulgi.” She responds just as the door of the club shuts, muffling the booming sound from inside. “Thanks again, Eddy.”

 

“You should be more careful, Seulgi.” Eddy says lightly.

 

“Some animals just can't help themselves around someone as pretty as you.” Another voice sounds from the end of the alley. Sandy brown hair and a lustful smirk reveals itself as the figure approaches.

 

Seulgi takes a step away from the man and backs herself into Eddy who places his hands on her shoulders. Seulgi feels her skin crawl; a tell-tale sign that she is not in a good situation.

 

“Jimmy's right, Seulgi.” Eddy leans in, the tip of his nose brushing through her hair. “You have to be more careful.” His fingers brush a lock of hair from her face. Seulgi jerks away from Eddy’s touch out of disgust. “Shhh. It's okay. It's alright. Don't be scared.” Eddy reassures her. “You have nothing to be afraid of. Jimmy and I are going to take really good care of you.”

 

Eddy holds her in place with an iron grip as Jimmy begins to loosen his belt. “You should have been a little nicer.” Jimmy’s voice melts with confidence and hunger. “We’ll just have to teach you some manners.” Seulgi can feel her blood rush through her entire body before she can't contain her laughter any longer. Jimmy’s smirk drops from his face and he halts his movements. “What are you laughing at?” He growls.

 

“It's just,” Seulgi laughs again, blinking away her tears. “I've been waiting for this all week.” She lets a smile grace her features and stands up straight again.

 

“Waiting for what?” Eddy’s grip tightens along her shoulders.

 

Seulgi answers by slipping the knife out of the holster around her thigh. She twists out of Eddy’s grasp and sinks the blade into his shoulder. Eddy cries out in pain and stumbles backward but Seulgi’s attention is already on Jimmy.

 

“You !” Seulgi successfully sidesteps Jimmy’s attack and kicks his back causing him to fall into Eddy and topple the both of them to the ground.

 

“Nuh uh uh.” Seulgi shakes her head. “I think I already said ‘no’ earlier.” She slips a second knife out of the holster and takes predatory steps toward the two. “Didn't your parents ever teach you ‘no’ means ‘no’? Granted, you didn't exactly ask if you could me. But it was implied, don't you think?” Jimmy raises his arm in defense but Seulgi’s knife pierces into it like butter anyhow.

 

Seulgi whips her attention toward the sound of a gasp. Standing at the back door of the club is the pale brunette from the dance floor. Her eyes are wide in fear as she absorbs the scene of Seulgi standing menacingly over the two bleeding men. The woman stumbles back inside, scurrying back into the club and away from Seulgi.

 

“See?” Seulgi seethes as she turns back to the men. “Look what you boys did. Now I have to go take care of her too.” She rolls her eyes and straightens her posture. The wooden plank she breaks off from a pallet is wet from only God knows what, but it's still effective for knocking the two men unconscious.

 

Seulgi pats down their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter